Duane Allen Hart

You are right Jennifermn, my memory was fuzzy. He was in foster care. His civil commitment appeal case said he had no family, but that was incorrect:

" Hart has no family or community support. He has no realistic plan for avoiding contact with young boys, but plans to isolate himself and have contact with only elderly people."

http://mn.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19960220_0003.mn.htm/qx

That does not mean he has no family, That means he has no family that will provide him any support

I have reason to believe this may have been DAH's residence in 1989. He was possibly living with someone who has not been named, so I cannot provide that info. Maybe others can sleuth this out further to confirm this was his address.

Here are a couple of photo's of the property up close, and zoomed out (the blue dot).

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 10.23.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 10.23.29 PM.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 10.24.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 10.24.50 PM.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 118
On the Searching for Jacob Wetterling FB page a woman posted that DAH had an alibi for the night of JW's abductions. Has anyone heard this previously?

thank you for correcting me human, you are right on that point. I read too far into the sentence.
Jennifermn, is this the address DAH was working when he was arrested?
I have heard that DAH was cleared because he had two alibis. I do not know if the alibis were trustworthy. When I pulled his court records, we were not sure if he was out of jail or in jail the exact date of the abduction. I would assume if LE never said who his alibis were he was probably not in jail.

thank you for correcting me human, you are right on that point. I read too far into the sentence.
Jennifermn, is this the address DAH was working when he was arrested?

No, DAH was working for Kay Farms located a couple of miles west outside of Brooten, MN. Originally Harry Kay Farms, but he sold it to three of his employees in 1984. http://www.postbulletin.com/farm-auction-attracts/article_98ffbe7c-0916-5c6e-b78f-177e224abaef.html

The address is my previous post is possibly where DAH lived in 1989.

Here's a link to a court record for DAH in 1988. I'm not sure how long he was jailed. Maybe someone with better knowledge reading these types of documents can shed some light.

http://docdro.id/qhfFbWK

His drivers license was reinstated in July 1989, so I would imagine was not in jail.

ETA: Also, looking at this court document - DAH was listed as living in Hawick, MN in 1987-1988. No address is listed on the 1990 court documents.

On the Searching for Jacob Wetterling FB page a woman posted that DAH had an alibi for the night of JW's abductions. Has anyone heard this previously?

Yes, he was at Mud Lake with one of his victims. Per It Can't Happen Here; pp. 248:
Hart told the investigator that he had alibi for the night that Jacob was kidnapped, that he had been forty-five miles away from St. Joseph, at Mud Lake, west of New London. He said he was with one of his juvenile victims at the lake that night.
and pg. 250:
Duane Hart was a suspect in Jacob Wetterling's kidnapping from the very beginning of the case. Investigators brushed him aside as a suspect, however, because his known methods of grooming and coercing his victims were not consistent with the violent nature exhibited by the assailant in Jacob's abduction, and he had claimed he was at Mud Lake, nearly an hour away from St. Joseph, at the time of Jacob’s abduction. It is not known whether or not his alibi was corroborated by anyone else.

Ok if there are going to be lots of threads besides this one, somebody has to tell me where to go or I'll get lost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, I got lost at first, but if you go to bessie's link on the end of thread #17 and then scroll down past the ad, there are 4 different topics - at least last time I looked. The ones with new posts since you last looked will be in bold.

Better instructions:
For new sub-forum threads go here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?579-Jacob-Wetterling

Then scroll down past old thread 16, 3 discussion threads, and under the ad, there are now 5 topics. Duane Allen Hart, The Farm Search 2010, Alternate (non-POI) Theories, old thread #17, and Vehicles.

Hope that helps.

lol, I got lost at first, but if you go to bessie's link on the end of thread #17 and then scroll down past the ad, there are 4 different topics - at least last time I looked. The ones with new posts since you last looked will be in bold.

Better instructions:
For new sub-forum threads go here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?579-Jacob-Wetterling

Then scroll down past old thread 16, 3 discussion threads, and under the ad, there are now 5 topics. Duane Allen Hart, The Farm Search 2010, Alternate (non-POI) Theories, old thread #17, and Vehicles.

Hope that helps.

That link doesn't work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are many lakes named Mud Lake in Minnesota. In fact, it is the most common lake name in Minnesota, with 201 lakes named “Mud Lake.”

Here are a few examples:

Mud Lake (Clearwater County): 47.428942,-95.2993312
Mud Lake (Douglas County): 45.8033, -95.5308
Mud Lake (Hennepin County): 45.1453032,-93.4289977
Mud Lake (Hennepin County): 44.8998872,-93.5662452
Mud Lake (Isanti County): 45.6589364,-93.2638106
Mud Lake (Nicollet County): 44.2721144,-94.1510424
Mud Lake (Kanabec County): 45.8977054,-93.1741014
Mud Lake (St. Louis County): 46.7809114,-92.8621822
Mud Lake (Traverse County): 45.8185895,-96.6009013
Mud Lake (Wright County): 45.1523654,-94.1507085

As such, be wary of potentially inaccurate information in the “sleuthing” of the Jacob Wetterling case, be especially cautious of the source(s) of information that you rely on or that you point to as authoritative, lest you perpetuate gross inaccuracies yourself (however well-intended the inaccuracies might be), and lest your own name become mud, as well.

It seems likely that such inaccuracies are among the reasons why some people are critical of certain amateurish attempts to investigate or report on this cold case . . .

Prov. 11:14

As such, be wary of potentially inaccurate information in the “sleuthing” of the Jacob Wetterling case, be especially cautious of the source(s) of information that you rely on or that you point to as authoritative, lest you perpetuate gross inaccuracies yourself (however well-intended the inaccuracies might be), and lest your own name become mud, as well.

It seems likely that such inaccuracies are among the reasons why some people are critical of certain amateurish attempts to investigate or report on this cold case . . .

If Duane Allen Hart told investigators that he was at "Mud Lake" the night Jacob Wetterling disappeared, it's reasonable to start looking at Mud Lake located in Kandiyohi County, as that is where DAH lived at the time.

However, I do not have information as to what DAH told anyone.

Any more clues you can offer?

There are many lakes named Mud Lake in Minnesota. In fact, it is the most common lake name in Minnesota, with 201 lakes named “Mud Lake.”

Here are a few examples:

Prov. 11:14

Could you be more clear please as you had some candidates as suspects also. Several different ones so I am confused as to the sureness of your posts since your infomation keeps changing.

Here are a few examples:

That would be the Mud Lake, about two miles from where Hart lived in October 1989.

Hart was charged with sexual assaults of 4 boys. Hart said he was there at Mud Lake with one of those boys that night. I have no way of confirming if that claim is true, but according to investigative notes, it is what he told an investigator who spent many hours meeting with Hart, and they confirmed Hart was referring to the Mud Lake just outside of New London.

I realize that you don't have access to such documents, as those documents had actually had been thought to have been lost for many years, but that doesn't make them any less legitimate.

Interestingly, when I turned those documents over to investigators, I offered additional information about Hart. They didn't take me up on the offer. Not sure what that means, but I tend to think that if hart remains a legitimate suspect, that LE would have asked about the other information. As I've mentioned before, based on my interactions with LE, there are two men they seem to be most interested in, and Hart is not one of them.

You may call it amateurish if you wish, I don't claim to be a professional investigator.

That would be the Mud Lake, about two miles from where Hart lived in October 1989.

Hart was charged with sexual assaults of 4 boys. Hart said he was there at Mud Lake with one of those boys that night. I have no way of confirming if that claim is true, but according to investigative notes, it is what he told an investigator who spent many hours meeting with Hart, and they confirmed Hart was referring to the Mud Lake just outside of New London.

I realize that you don't have access to such documents, as those documents had actually had been thought to have been lost for many years, but that doesn't make them any less legitimate.

Interestingly, when I turned those documents over to investigators, I offered additional information about Hart. They didn't take me up on the offer. Not sure what that means, but I tend to think that if hart remains a legitimate suspect, that LE would have asked about the other information. As I've mentioned before, based on my interactions with LE, there are two men they seem to be most interested in, and Hart is not one of them.

You may call it amateurish if you wish, I don't claim to be a professional investigator.

I am sure one of these men is DR, do you know who the second man is?

On 'The Hunt' they mentioned this:

Baker said her investigation led her to a man who was arrested in 1990 and convicted of sexually assaulting four boys. The man was "looked at early in Jacob Wetterling's abduction and is still being looked at," according to Baker. "What we're trying to do now is connect him to both Jared's case and to St. Joseph," she said.
​http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/us/jacob-wetterling-abductor-the-hunt-johwn-walsh/

They were referring to Hart on The Hunt.
Sorry, I should have clarified better in my post. I was posting the quote and link from 'The Hunt' regarding your post stating LE possibly was no longer looking into DAH.

I'm not sure where Joy received her info, I was just posting it because she stated that they are still looking into him.

Sorry, I should have clarified better in my post. I was posting the quote and link from 'The Hunt' regarding your post stating LE possibly was no longer looking into DAH.

I'm not sure where Joy received her info, I was just posting it because she stated that they are still looking into him.

They very well may still be looking at Hart, sure. But there are two sides to that coin, could be looking to include, or looking to exclude, as a suspect. It could mean they are accepting information, or it could mean they are actively seeking information. IMO, the only way to tell the difference is through subtle clues.

Based on my experience with LE, I don't find them to be forthcoming or sharing of information at all. One person saying someone is still under investigation for a crime leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back