Family, friends mourn Tigard boy (This is MY son)

I've offered my condolences on this thread before but I just wanted to let you know I'm still keeping you and your family in my prayers. I can't get Ethan out of my head, I'm so sad for you all. :(

I've offered my condolences on this thread before but I just wanted to let you know I'm still keeping you and your family in my prayers. I can't get Ethan out of my head, I'm so sad for you all. :(

Ditto. :blowkiss:

What a beautiful little boy, words fail me, I am so sorry.

Seahorseladydi,

I am so sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.
May God bless you. :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Di, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's truly heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you during this time. I hope you find comfort in the days and months to come. You are a brave soul and know that your son lives on in others.

Seahorselady. I am so sorry for your pain. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child. My heart goes out to you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Hugs!!!

I'm so sorry about Ethan's accident and your loss of such a sweet son. You are all in my thoughts.

Di~ Please accept my sincerest and deepest sympathies for you and your family. I am so very sorry for your loss of Ethan. I know there is nothing to be said to make this pain less or to unburden your heavy heart, but we are all here for you. Know we will keep you in our hearts and prayers. We will pray for peace and comfort for you and yours. Hugs and much love~ K~

God bless you, Di, and hold you up. I have no words to express my sadness. ((((((Di)))))))

Di
I'm sending my sincere condolences... my sister and I were deeply saddened by your loss and hope that you find some comfort during this horrible time. We love you here at WS.

MG

Di, I just read this thread and I cannot believe the tragedy that has struck your family. I can't even begin to imagine how you get through the days. I am so so sorry that this has happened to your family and I just wish that I had some words that could help you in this awful time. As the other WS'ers have said, I'm sending my love and thoughts your way, hoping that all of them help to even the smallest degree.

My aunt died a couple of years ago waiting for a lung transplant. So many people die waiting on those lists. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping four other people to live and by making Ethan a hero at the same time. You helped him to accomplish his goal of saving lives. What a wonderful gift.

When I lost a loved one years ago, this poem helped me to realize that our loved ones are never really gone. They are all around us all the time. I hope it helps you too:

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!)

Here are two more:

All Is Well

Death is nothing at all,
I have only slipped into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used
Put no difference in your tone,
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was,
Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It it the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,
Just around the corner.
All is well.

By Henry Scott Holland (1847-1918)
Canon of St Paul's Cathedral

Traditional

If I should go tomorrow
It would never be goodbye,
For I have left my heart with you,
So don't you ever cry.
The love that's deep within me,
Shall reach you from the stars,
You'll feel it from the heavens,
And it will heal the scars.

Di, I wish that there was more that I could offer. But please know that your family is in my heart.

I am so sorry for the loss of your child. I cannot imagine what you're going through. I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Thank you all so very very much.......

I don't think I have wrapped my head around this whole thing yet.... some moments are better then others..... but for now it can only be moment by moment.....

We have received so many cards from people (some people we don't even know) I read each and every word of each and every card..... sometimes I laugh sometimes I cry ....... but I so look forward to seeing a card in the mail box.... I hope they never stop..... but I know someday they will.....

My husband and I went back out to the camp site and planted some flowers and made a rock bed around them...... we just sat and watched the river flow..... it was so peaceful .... I knew Ethan was there with us.....

Again, Thank you all!

That was wonderful to plant the flowers for Ethan. He was there with you, and will always be with you. To lose a child so unexpectedly is a shock to your whole being. There was no preparation for this and it's never easy to lose your child at any age. It's ok to laugh and ok to cry. Your son was a wonderful boy! His life may have been short in years, but his acomplishments are great. He left this world a better place by the lives he saved. I pray for you and your husband to find comfort in the long days ahead.

My daughter just got her driver's license for the first time. When they asked her if she wanted to have "organ donor" on the card, I told her about your son.

It's on there.

Dear Di, bless your heart.

I wish there was something I could say that would make you feel better, but I know that only time will heal your open wound. I know what you mean about taking solice in reading the cards and words of others, but yet you fear you'll feel another type of sadness when the cards and letters stop coming.

When you get to that point, just remember that although Ethan is gone from this world physically, he's still not really gone, he's your little angel watching over you.

Although he was taken from you too soon, Ethan's life had a purpose, you and your husband made his life count. You saved four other families from losing their loved ones. Ethan met his goal in life and saved lives.

I know it might be hard to do it now because of the overwhelming sadness you feel, but in the future, you'll be able to look back and think of Ethan with a smile, remember the good times with him, remember that he accomplished what many of us older folk still haven't found, our pupose of life.

God Bless you and your family Di. You, your family, and Ethan are never far from my and many other's here on Websleuths thoughts.

Sincerely,
fran

Just found this thread & saw the picture of Ethan. My heart breaks for you for the loss of your precious little boy. I don't know you but I am touched by the strength your family has shown in helping others through such a debilitating tragedy & by planting the memorial at the campsite.

My thoughts & prayers to you & your family.

I am so sorry for your loss. Words fail me. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Di, I just want you to know that I am still thinking of you and praying for your family. Ethan was a beautiful child. Take care of yourself!

Juliana

I am so sorry for your loss.........Such a beautiful young boy.
My thoughts are with you and the little guy........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back