SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zuri ~ yes! I have been where you are...just hang in there, my friend. Nothing I can say or do for you right now. Just know here we are ALL here for you and we love you. :hug:

OMG! :scared:

'LOVE IS LIKE A ROACH': BRONX ZOO TO OFFER MADAGASCAR HISSING COCKROACHES FOR VALENTINE'S DAY :heartbeat:

"The Bronx Zoo is home to a lot of Madagascar hissing cockroaches. It may surprise you to learn that they don’t all have names. So, for Valentines Day, the zoo is offering to let you name one of these giant roaches as a quasi-grotesque romantic gesture, for $10 per roach...

Romance isn’t dead, it’s just sheathed in an exoskeleton and hiding in your cupboard. With your name on it. .."

http://www.newsweek.com/love-roach-...car-hissing-cockroaches-valentines-day-418938
--

Just in case anyone would like to do this for Valentine's Day, here's the zoo's website:

Bronx Zoo ‏@BronxZoo Jan 21
It's here! #NameARoach for your #Valentine, and this year, sweeten the deal w/ chocolate: http://bit.ly/1S840Ki

CZRmdQbWIAAGAIi.jpg

BRONX ZOO
Name a Roach

"This Valentine's Day, let your special someone know your love is eternal. Name one of the Bronx Zoo's Madagascar hissing cockroaches for your sweetie. Tens of thousands of roaches remain nameless and would make a great symbol of your love. For $10, we'll send your loved one a digital certificate to cherish for years to come, featuring the name of your Valentine's roach.

This year, you can even up the romance by adding chocolate. For $25, you'll receive a printed roach certificate and something sweet, made with love by the Nunu Chocolate company in Brooklyn, NY.*

Your donation will also help us protect these misunderstood love bugs, along with a lot of other animals, both big and small.

As they say, roaches make the heart beat faster..." :panic:

http://bronxzoo.com/roach
----------

Let's all send one to the murderer! :giggle:
----------------------------------------------------------------

GROSS! Gives me chills....

Good Afternoon my lovely SB friends. The sun is out and the snow is melting, the cold wind blowing. I haven't set a foot outside since last Friday. My German Shepherds are loving the snow and spend so much time out back, running and playing.

I can't seem to get out of bed today, so I am accepting that today is another grieving day. Yesterday, the tears wouldn't stop. I don't know if anyone has ever felt this way, but do you ever feel like you use up a whole box of bandaids putting them on to cover the metaphorical hurt, the wound, the cut? I feel like I have used so many over the years and they all just got ripped off.

I am grieving not just the loss of my beloved horse, but the years of losses, pain, disappointments and disillusionments. I am raw. I haven't allowed myself to feel this raw in years, because bandaids were a whole lot more convenient to assuage the pain and hurt. I am seeking solace where I can, albeit a temporary reprieve. The old adage that time heals all wounds must have been said before the invention of bandaids.

How do you let go? I am in pain avoidance mode that is completely malfunctioning. I recognize that my PTSD has been triggered and the more I try to regain control, the more out of inner control I feel.

No one but you all even know about any of this, because I don't share this in my daily life. Therapy has put a logical spin on things, but does the emotional part ever really heal? Or will it only ever be just perspective I can hope for?

I know you all have been in this place at one point or another. I know many of you have bandaids too, holding the broken pieces together, that no one ever sees. I have decided to move on to duct tape instead of bandaids. Because yes, I have 87,000 rolls of that too.

Thank you all for being here for me. You are loved.

:therethere:

You cannot get rid yourself of emotional pain completely- instead you should invite it up into your awareness and accept it in your life, IMO.

You need to care enough about yourself to spend time with yourself, looking within, and truly being with yourself. Take the "hurt/pain" and examine it fully. Accept what you’re going through- all your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations- then accept your emotional pain as if you have chosen it.Then when you acknowledge your pain, hurt, anger, etc put it away (in a "box" in your mind to "look" at it when you need to- usually when another "pain" comes) and live your life.

Your "pain" is part of who you are and will always be part of you - even if you "hide" it from the world or from yourself, for that matter; it will be always there in your mind. You can run away from the pains of your life (like your band aids), but there are times when pain demands your presence, your focus and attention. There are times when pain demands to be felt. So take the time to know your emotional pain- to nourish it, to understand it. Don’t curse your pain- love your pain and it will go away.

It's OK to feel what you are feeling.

We are here for you, my dear :heartbeat:- so "talk" to us all you want because we have all been there ourselves in some way.

“Most of our troubles are due to our passionate desire for and attachment to things that we misapprehend as enduring entities.”
~Dalai Lama

YESorNO So happy To see you back so soon :blowkiss:
Reading about what the Holocaust victims and survivors went through is heartbreaking and it always makes me cry.
Everything they ever knew and everyone they ever loved were just gone :cry:

Clarence House Verified account 
‏@ClarenceHouse Today is #HolocaustMemorialDay, a day to remember victims of persecution, both past and present. #HMD2016

View attachment 88065

#HolocaustMemorialDay on twitter. You will need Kleenex :frown:

Israel releases Eichmann plea letter on Holocaust day

"Jerusalem (AFP) - Israel made public on Wednesday a decades-old handwritten plea from Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann for clemency for his role in the Holocaust, dated just two days before he was executed.

In the request, written after he was brought to Israel in 1960, then tried, convicted and sentenced to death, Eichmann says the Israeli court overstated his role in organising the logistics of Hitler's "Final Solution" which involved the extermination of six million Jews.

President Reuven Rivlin presented the previously unreleased letter, which was written to then president Yitzhak Ben-Zvi, at a ceremony to mark International Holocaust Remembrance Day...."

http://news.yahoo.com/israel-reveal-previously-unpublished-eichmann-papers-043240730.html

CZuBIe7WEAAsaRt.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZuBIe7WEAAsaRt.jpg
-----------

Eichmann claimed he was 'a mere instrument' in Holocaust, appeal reveals

"...On Tuesday, the Simon Wiesenthal Center – named after the famous Nazi hunter – produced a list of 10 alleged Nazis who could be prosecuted in 2016. Of the 10, four have trial dates already slated in Germany this year. Among them is Helma Kissner, who served as a radio operator in the Auschwitz death camp for four months in July 1944.

Efraim Zuroff, the Jerusalem director of the centre, said it would continue to chase every remaining perpetrator as “we owe it to the victims”.

“The passage of time in no way diminishes the guilt of the killers. Old age should not afford protection to people that committed such heinous crimes,” he told AFP. “The trials send a powerful message about the significance of the Holocaust.”..."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...a-mere-instrument-in-holocaust-appeal-reveals
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tens of thousands of Israeli Holocaust survivors are living in abject poverty :(
As the world marks Holocaust Memorial Day, a generation whose childhood was taken by the Nazis is spending its final years struggling with hunger, cold and homelessness

"...As the world marks International Holocaust Remembrance Day on Wednesday, we will see haunting black-and-white images of children caught up in Hitler’s industrialised slaughter.

Many of those children are now in their late eighties, struggling with ill health and trying to survive on meagre pensions and small compensation payments still made to survivors of the Holocaust.

A survey in 2015 found that of the roughly 189,000 Holocaust survivors living in Israel, about 45,000 are in poverty. In the two other major population centers for survivors - New York City and the countries of the former Soviet Union - the rates of destitution are even worse...."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...t-survivors-are-living-in-abject-poverty.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Living Word from a Dead World
A new project at Yad Vashem analyzes the first letters that survivors wrote after the Holocaust, letting their loved ones know that they were alive

"There is of course no shortage of books, films, and millions of words devoted to the Holocaust and those who lived through it. Yet most personal accounts emerged only years and even decades after the war, when survivors were finally ready to revisit their horrifying memories through the mollifying filter of time. “First Letters” is unparalleled in that its messages reveal the very real and complex emotions of Holocaust victims who were just coming to terms with the atrocities they faced. In essence, these letters represent the most original source Holocaust scholars have ever had.

“These letters bring us their first personal voice,” said Iael Nidam-Orvieto, the leader of the project and director of Yad Vashem’s International Institute for Holocaust Research. “They give us an intense glance at the way survivors felt and thought about themselves, their situation, and their future exactly at the time of liberation. We’ve never had that before.”

Nidam-Orvieto, an Israeli Jew of Italian descent who lost some of her own family members to the Holocaust, first thought of the project six years ago, after coming across a note in the Yad Vashem archives. It was written by an Italian survivor to his family in Palestine, describing all he had suffered during the war. Over the next few years she saw similar correspondence trickle into the Yad Vashem archive through another project, “Gathering the Fragments,” which began in 2011...."

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/194131/living-word-from-a-dead-world
----------------------------------------------------

♪♫♪♫♪ Good morning, good morning... ♪♫♪♫♪

I too am Australia! Never been. But my sister has! :)

neesaki said:
Niner, I need to get that Tshirt for my DH, he's an old car buff. And love the jokes! Where do you find this stuff?

Here's a link to the t-shirt - you can get different colors besides black!

http://teechip.com/40ies

It appeared on my Facebook page - and the jokes were from my girlfriend!

neesaki said:
I really needed to laugh tonight after spending way too much time over on
Deorr's thread. It's kind of a downer in more ways than one.

What's going on? I only on thread #16, and I see there a thread #17!! :gaah: Any arrests?? :thinking: Maybe I'll skip #16 and go read #17!

I loved watching the "Golden Girls"!! They were too funny! :lol:

YESorNO said:
My BW came down sooner than I thought it would (my son started school on Monday, so he's not using his computer at home. )

YEAH!! :cheer: I was looking for more jokes to post, so PLEASE take over! :happydance:

YESorNO said:
No Shame! Defiant Jodi Arias Slams ‘Haters’ In Bombshell Phone Call From Prison
PLUS listen to Travis Alexander's murderer describe her cushy life behind bars.

"...The conversation obtained by Radar took place on Sunday, January 10, 2016, and is a 15-minute call, the maximum lengthy allowed by the prison system. Arias, now 35, reached out to Kareem “Lefty” Williams, a rapper who produced a video about her in order to bring awareness to PTSD and domestic violence and Radar has obtained the audio from their conversation..."

I'm NOT going to listen!! :nono: someone tell us what it says, please! :D

Sorry - I didn't watch "Making a Murderer"....

:laughcry: re sending a cockroach to the murderer! :giggle:

YESorNO said:
Parents of missing 2-year-old Idaho boy named suspects in his disappearance after being ‘less than truthful,’ sheriff says

"A missing toddler’s parents have been named suspects in his disappearance after being “less than truthful,” a central Idaho sheriff said Monday.

Oh WOW! I guess I don't have to read #16 - just go to #17 thread??

Oh Zuri! :hug: :therethere: JINGLES!! coming your way... it takes time... You are VERY loved! :loveyou:

Okay - going to post so I can get my stuff done around - and will be back! Yes, that's a threat! LOL!

:seeya:

Thanks for the quiz, Gigi. I'm Iceland. Hey, did y'all know I believe in elves? :giggle:

[h=5]You may have Viking ancestry. You are somewhat remote and very rugged. Although you can be pretty cold, most people are surprised to learn that you are actually quite temperate. You are highly literate. You were very wealthy until the economic downturn of 2008, which sent your financial status plummeting. However, you are now recovering nicely. Unusual fact about you: you believe in elves.[/h]

LOL, me too!

I took the elves reference to mean having a vivid imagination and/or open mind.

:therethere:

You cannot get rid yourself of emotional pain completely- instead you should invite it up into your awareness and accept it in your life, IMO.

You need to care enough about yourself to spend time with yourself, looking within, and truly being with yourself. Take the "hurt/pain" and examine it fully. Accept what you’re going through- all your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations- then accept your emotional pain as if you have chosen it.Then when you acknowledge your pain, hurt, anger, etc put it away (in a "box" in your mind to "look" at it when you need to- usually when another "pain" comes) and live your life.

Your "pain" is part of who you are and will always be part of you - even if you "hide" it from the world or from yourself, for that matter; it will be always there in your mind. You can run away from the pains of your life (like your band aids), but there are times when pain demands your presence, your focus and attention. There are times when pain demands to be felt. So take the time to know your emotional pain- to nourish it, to understand it. Don’t curse your pain- love your pain and it will go away.

It's OK to feel what you are feeling.

We are here for you, my dear :heartbeat:- so "talk" to us all you want because we have all been there ourselves in some way.

“Most of our troubles are due to our passionate desire for and attachment to things that we misapprehend as enduring entities.”
~Dalai Lama

Oh, YoN, thank you so much! I would never have been able to write it in the excellent way you did.
ZURI, ZURI, ZURI - YOU are loved, too. Please don't worry, the pain, too (as well as our happy moments) is just a sign of how much alive we are and of the amount of experiences we have gone through. As YoN said, it's part of you, of me, of all of us.
We accept so easily the happy moments...and we all have a hard time to go through the sad ones. Me too, I have a kind of reflex to fight against them...until I realize that I can't win. I must accept them as being a part of me. Even if it sounds banal: Take the time it needs to accept them as being part of you.
We love you no matter wether you are happy and funny or sad and doubtful!

Zuri :grouphug:

I don't even know how to express the depth of loss I felt from one particular dog I had. When I lost her, I felt as though all the losses of the world had buried me. I withdrew, sat in my chair for hours, crying and being silent. No one and nothing could replace my pain. I cannot tell you how many days I sat there ..... I do remember wondering if I had become catatonic. But somehow, I must have gradually returned to a semblance of returning to a rebirth of myself, one that held my beloved dog in my heart forever. A different life, a different path, memories I cherish to this day, and a sadness that never quite leaves totally.

Sending love, hugs, and hope your way, dear Zuri.

Hey! :wave:

I haven't "refreshed" yet - just got back from doing stuff...

Those Holocaust articles that YESorNO posted here for us would be a good start for our Holocaust Thread. If you want - I will ask one of the Mods "where" I can start the thread - and if YESorNO doesn't mind my using her articles - I will start one when I get the "okay" - okay?? :thinking:

Have to tell you all about my experience at the dentist - okay the technician has me leave my bridge in to take an impression - first try - nope - the bridge is not letting her take the impression; so she has my rinse and clean up the bridge, so I take it out - and out pops my loose tooth! YEA!!! No pain at all! :D So she trys a 2nd impression with the bridge in, nope - doesn't work the second time; so the third time she has me leave the bridge out - finally got an impression! They are just going to add a tooth to my bridge instead of getting a bottom denture - cheaper that way too! another Yea!!

There was something else that popped into my head I wanted to write about - but it went "Poof" from my head... I'll think about it! LOL!

Okay - posting... :pcguru:

Ok I remembered! :giggle:

I did the laundry this morning, and the Huz put up a clothesline for me, so I don't use the dryer - saving energy, ya know! So I did the laundry, but don't tell him :shush: don't tell the Huz, but I used the dryer for about 20 minutes to dry my jeans - I HAD to!! Otherwise they won't shrink and will be baggy - cause I lost weight... I don't do baggy! Remember - :shush: don't tell on me!

:lol:

See you all tomorrow! Going to watch the Australian Open Semi Finals - Djokovic vs. Federer!

:wave:

Hey! :wave:

I haven't "refreshed" yet - just got back from doing stuff...

Those Holocaust articles that YESorNO posted here for us would be a good start for our Holocaust Thread. If you want - I will ask one of the Mods "where" I can start the thread - and if YESorNO doesn't mind my using her articles - I will start one when I get the "okay" - okay?? :thinking:

Have to tell you all about my experience at the dentist - okay the technician has me leave my bridge in to take an impression - first try - nope - the bridge is not letting her take the impression; so she has my rinse and clean up the bridge, so I take it out - and out pops my loose tooth! YEA!!! No pain at all! :D So she trys a 2nd impression with the bridge in, nope - doesn't work the second time; so the third time she has me leave the bridge out - finally got an impression! They are just going to add a tooth to my bridge instead of getting a bottom denture - cheaper that way too! another Yea!!

There was something else that popped into my head I wanted to write about - but it went "Poof" from my head... I'll think about it! LOL!

Okay - posting... :pcguru:

Niner ... Hope4More is starting a thread and has submitted it. I've wanted to do this for a long time! I contacted Bessie earlier today and was approved and it will be up soon in the Parking Lot.

Correction: Jury Room.

Niner ... Hope4More is starting a thread and has submitted it. I've wanted to do this for a long time! I contacted Bessie earlier today and was approved and it will be up soon in the Parking Lot.

Hi....just looked. The new Holocaust thread is actually in the Jury Room, and exists very much thanks to Daisy, not me.

Looking forward to reading what gets posted there. :)

Dear sweet Zuri, I'm so sorry you're feeling such grief. You just hang in there lady. You will come out of this, it will lessen over time. Yet the whole time thing is so difficult for us to understand and comprehend and accept. But I totally understand, I so understand. I still cry for the baby we lost a few years ago. And I don't know what I would do if something happened to my furbaby now. He's like my child. We call him "little boy" and "baby boy" and "mama's baby" and "daddy's baby" and "my sweet baby". We develop such love and strong attachments and bond with them. I'm crying with you right now. Love and (((hugs))) . :cry:

Good Afternoon my lovely SB friends. The sun is out and the snow is melting, the cold wind blowing. I haven't set a foot outside since last Friday. My German Shepherds are loving the snow and spend so much time out back, running and playing.

I can't seem to get out of bed today, so I am accepting that today is another grieving day. Yesterday, the tears wouldn't stop. I don't know if anyone has ever felt this way, but do you ever feel like you use up a whole box of bandaids putting them on to cover the metaphorical hurt, the wound, the cut? I feel like I have used so many over the years and they all just got ripped off.

I am grieving not just the loss of my beloved horse, but the years of losses, pain, disappointments and disillusionments. I am raw. I haven't allowed myself to feel this raw in years, because bandaids were a whole lot more convenient to assuage the pain and hurt. I am seeking solace where I can, albeit a temporary reprieve. The old adage that time heals all wounds must have been said before the invention of bandaids.

How do you let go? I am in pain avoidance mode that is completely malfunctioning. I recognize that my PTSD has been triggered and the more I try to regain control, the more out of inner control I feel.

No one but you all even know about any of this, because I don't share this in my daily life. Therapy has put a logical spin on things, but does the emotional part ever really heal? Or will it only ever be just perspective I can hope for?

I know you all have been in this place at one point or another. I know many of you have bandaids too, holding the broken pieces together, that no one ever sees. I have decided to move on to duct tape instead of bandaids. Because yes, I have 87,000 rolls of that too.

Thank you all for being here for me. You are loved.

My dear Zuri, I can't possibly offer better advice than has already been given. I especially love the comments by Atthelake and YesorNo (I think she came back just in time), but I will add a little to what others have said.

Mentally and emotionally coming to terms with things can take some time, but that time can be eased and shortened a bit by letting your body do its thing. Left to its own devices, our physical beings respond in such amazing ways to emotional distress, if we can let go enough mentally to simple allow them, and trust that our bodies (where our emotions reside) know what's best for us.

Tears are more than just a salty fluid that falls from our eye ducts. Crying is an essential part of the purging process, a catharsis that helps to wash away the psychic pain. Sleep and bed-rest also help facilitate the emotional healing that our mind/spirit are seeking to achieve. This is especially important when there is a cognitive dissonance between the reality that is and the reality that we wish to be true. Much more than being physically restorative, sleep and rest give our souls time to reconcile those things behind the scenes (in our subconscious).

An additional "therapy" -- and I know this is going to sound strange -- but I got onto this from a healer whom I deeply respect, and it has worked for me: Go outside without a coat. Now is perfect, while it's cold out. Stand out there and breathe the cold air and feel your body tense up. Soon you'll start shivering, but that's the point. Shivering sends spasms through your body as it tries to warm itself up. But those spasms, much like tears, act to release all that pent-up stuff; all that negative energy. I know it sounds a bit crazy, but trust me; it works wonders.

Allowing yourself to acknowledge the pain, and giving yourself and your body the "okay" to deal with it without fear of judgment (from yourself or others), will go a long way towards getting back to stasis.

And please, I hope you'll give yourself credit for having had the courage and humility to reach out. We fool ourselves into thinking that we're individuals. In reality, we're all connected. Just as the cells in your body want to work together to protect you and help you heal, so do the people who care about you.

GOOD MORNING AND SMILE!!

I love you all. It's me. I have love to spare. If you need some of my love, take some. Take extra and spread it around. Because I am sure of one thing. My heart is always overflowing with love. Nothing can stop that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo