CA CA - Barstow, HispFem 14-19, UP6718, severed head in backpack, Feb'10

They changed her hairstyle and thinned her face out a little. They probably decided that they didn't compensate enough in the original drawing for the bloating that comes with decomposition.

Her parents are active on her myspace account- it says she took out garage sale signs and went missing. Odd thing- her parents made a blog post on the account on Jan. 20th- asking her to contact them and let them know she's ok. Perhaps she ran away in Jan and came home for a bit, then took off again- or maybe she wasn't reported missing until Feb.

The last log in is today, but I don't know if it's her or her parents.

Her parents are active on her myspace account- it says she took out garage sale signs and went missing. Odd thing- her parents made a blog post on the account on Jan. 20th- asking her to contact them and let them know she's ok. Perhaps she ran away in Jan and came home for a bit, then took off again- or maybe she wasn't reported missing until Feb.

The last log in is today, but I don't know if it's her or her parents.

I actually like the possible match, fwiw-anyone want to call LE and check on the last seen info?

This girl just showed up yesterday in NAMPN.

Noemi Piñeda

http://www.nampn.org/cases/pineda_noemi.html

2529202670045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
2746421770045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

She is from Rialto - Right in the middle of the area where most of the Fiesta Foods markets are located. (The woman's head was found in a Fiesta Foods grocery bag within a backpack).

She went missing August 10, 2009. The head was found February 10, 2010.

The timeframe is a bit of a stretch. But IMO, she does resemble the Jane Doe.

ETA, her closed-mouth smile looks typical of someone who is self-conscious of her teeth. And despite the closed mouth, she does appear to have prominent teeth.

Agreed?

Good resemblance, CarlK. Your other information is also suggestive.

Yes, I think she looks very much like the decedent, and the fact that she's from the area you had guessed she would be from is also a strong point. August to February isn't a real long time considering that she was a runaway initially, with no indication she might have been harmed right away.

I just kicked off an e-mail to David VanNorman of the San Bernardino County Sheriff Department - Coroner Division.

Mr. VanNorman:

While browsing through the new additions to the NAMPN website, I came across the case of Noemi Pineda of Rialto CA, who was last seen on 10-Aug-2009 (Click link below for details).

I was immediately struck by her resemblance to the young Hispanic woman whose head was found in a backpack on a Barstow CA side-street on 10-Feb-2010 (Click link below for details).

https://identifyus.org/cases/6718

In addition to the strong resemblance, Ms. Pineda’s age, ethnicity, hair, and eyes are also consistent to the Jane Doe.

In addition, Ms. Pineda’s hometown of Rialto is significant in that the decedent’s head was reportedly wrapped in a Fiesta Foods shopping bag within the backpack. The Fiesta Foods website indicates that 8 of the 11 Fiesta Foods stores are in the Inland Empire area, and one of the locations is in Rialto.

If you have not yet considered Ms. Pineda as a possible match to this Jane Doe, I ask that you do so.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Good suggestion. The timeline and general looks are right, but I think the age discrepancy is too much, and it looks to me like the dead girl's earlobes are small and unattached while Belay's are long and attached. So probably not.

Two things that make me doubt that Saron Belay is Jane Doe.

This woman appears to be either African or East Asian (i.e., India, Sri Lanka). She doesn't appear to have any Hispanic ethnicity.

Secondly, her age 37 is much older than the estimated age for the Jane Doe Normally, the estimates of a decedent's age is based on cranial sutures and dental characteristics. These characteristics are much different for a 37 year old than they are for a person in their teens and early 20's.

ETA, thanks for bringing her case to our attention though. I live fairly close to Lawndale and Norwalk, and the Green Line train connects my hometown to Norwalk. I will certainly keep my eye out for her.

This girl just showed up yesterday in NAMPN.

Noemi Pineda

2529202670045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
2746421770045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

She is from Rialto - Right in the middle of the area where most of the Fiesta Foods markets are located. (The woman's head was found in a Fiesta Foods grocery bag within a backpack).

She went missing August 10, 2009. The head was found February 10, 2010.

The timeframe is a bit of a stretch. But IMO, she does resemble the Jane Doe.

ETA, her closed-mouth smile looks typical of someone who is self-conscious of her teeth. And despite the closed mouth, she does appear to have prominent teeth.

Agreed?

Another thing that I didn't mention before - Look closely at their noses. They both have that unusual shaped ridge of the tip of their noses (particularly at their right side of the tip of the nose).

Another thing that I didn't mention before - Look closely at their noses. They both have that unusual shaped ridge of the tip of their noses (particularly at their right side of the tip of the nose).

WOW, the resemblance is stunning.

Here is another photo of Noemi side-by-side with Jane Doe. Unfortunately, you can't see her ears in this photo either (other than the lobe of her left-ear). It does appear though, from both photos that she has drooped ear lobes, as does the Jane Doe.

And from the hoop earrings in the other photo, we know that her ears are pierced, as are Jane Doe's (Not all that revealing, as most women have pierced ears).

2760006760045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
2184983040045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

2604842320045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member