TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a local, this is what I think ~ Hamilton County Police are being told by Signal Mountain that this is their jurisdiction and their case. I am 100% sure that Signal Mt. knows people think they can't handle it on their own, so in some macho way they want to prove that wrong.

But Hamilton County would be remiss if they didn't step in and they know it, so they are "helping" but you can bet that behind the scenes they are telling cops to look everywhere for this woman because they are the only ones with the ability to look beyond the mountain.

I would not say they are doing "nothing." I'm sure both police departments are feeling the pressure from the famiy on both sides (the Nowacki family wanting them to search, and Matt Palmgren wanting them to back off).

I believe now that this case is going to have to go nationwide and some big celebrity to take notice of it before they will step it up.

Janice Atkinson always sounds dry and bored, and that can be good because she doesn't spread rumors or anything like that. She's a professional.

I'm sure his attorney pressed for him to do the media pr routine. I don't believe it was on his own merit. Especially after seeing his comfort level in doing so. FWIW.

bolded by me.

Yeah--slapping his pocket, slapping the podium...I don't know...

OK I am a little calmer now. But very determined to find Gail. I have been thinking about the Saturday morning and the day she was last seen.

They fight on Friday night. It now seems obvious to me they fought over division of property and custody of the children. That is what would have been happening in my house under the same situation that we now know was occuring.

Gail takes the children to the lake house for a cool down period. It is important for her (thinking from my perspective) to get back and settle the issues. She probably had no intention of abandoning her home or her children.

She calls and lets husband know she is on her way and they agree to meet at the house. When she arrives she discovers he did not stay there the night before and goes out without the children to see if he is in the suspected place. He is. Confrontation insues away from residence.

How does that sound? Its a theory anyway....

"Janice Atkinson always sounds dry and bored, and that can be good because she doesn't spread rumors or anything like that. She's a professional."

I wouldn't expect a spokeswoman to sound emotional, I was just taken aback by just how bored she sounded....like it wasn't a pressing or serious issue, at all.

OK I am a little calmer now. But very determined to find Gail. I have been thinking about the Saturday morning and the day she was last seen.

They fight on Friday night. It now seems obvious to me they fought over division of property and custody of the children. That is what would have been happening in my house under the same situation that we now know was occuring.

Gail takes the children to the lake house for a cool down period. It is important for her (thinking from my perspective) to get back and settle the issues. She probably had no intention of abandoning her home or her children.

She calls and lets husband know she is on her way and they agree to meet at the house. When she arrives she discovers he did not stay there the night before and goes out without the children to see if he is in the suspected place. He is. Confrontation insues away from residence.

How does that sound? Its a theory anyway....

but he supposedly arrived home ten minutes after her? what I REALLY want to know is, if he left again, when, and for how long, and whether he was by himself at any time, away from home, that day or night after gail dropped them off. What was he doing the next day? did he go to his next scheduled workday? how often were the kids left with his mother during that time in the next few days, and why?

As a local, this is what I think ~ Hamilton County Police are being told by Signal Mountain that this is their jurisdiction and their case. I am 100% sure that Signal Mt. knows people think they can't handle it on their own, so in some macho way they want to prove that wrong.

But Hamilton County would be remiss if they didn't step in and they know it, so they are "helping" but you can bet that behind the scenes they are telling cops to look everywhere for this woman because they are the only ones with the ability to look beyond the mountain.

I would not say they are doing "nothing." I'm sure both police departments are feeling the pressure from the famiy on both sides (the Nowacki family wanting them to search, and Matt Palmgren wanting them to back off).

I believe now that this case is going to have to go nationwide and some big celebrity to take notice of it before they will step it up.

Janice Atkinson always sounds dry and bored, and that can be good because she doesn't spread rumors or anything like that. She's a professional.

Thanks for your take on all this. When you say a celebrity will have to take notice to get things moving faster, I wonder,has the case been featured on AMW yet?

I also wonder if the police don't want to investigate because of MP's status in his job --even though he is on administrative leave now? Could they be fearful of him because of his position? Just a thought.

Thoughtfox, thank you for your post and local input. The Thanks button is great but I really needed to post a personal thanx! Your perspective restores my hope. I have great respect for law enforcement as a whole and grieve over the few bad seeds we come across!

[/B]bolded by me.

Yeah--slapping his pocket, slapping the podium...I don't know...

"gulping" several times. I always question my fiance closely when he does that after I ask a question...like are you getting your wedding ring soon? (*gulp*) it is always something that seems to stand out to me lol.

Thanks for your take on all this. When you say a celebrity will have to take notice to get things moving faster, I wonder,has the case been featured on AMW yet?

No, she's only listed by law enforcement as "missing."

Wow, the husband was twitchy! I remember the last person I saw this twitchy was... (See Kyron Horman case.)

I think the husband was put on admin leave because someone snitched. If he is a upper level employee he would placed on admin leave for sleeping with a subordinate. This story broke and I guarantee someone snitched and told who the mistress was.

I wonder who was stalking GP. I was stalked for five years and that is frightening especially if you do not know who the stalker is. I didn't.

I also do not believe that there were any mental issues because why would the le let her take the kids to Ala.

I hope this hasn't turned into southern politics at its finest. :sick:

Does anyone know the job title of the husband and just how high up in the company he is?

but he supposedly arrived home ten minutes after her? what I REALLY want to know is, if he left again, when, and for how long, and whether he was by himself at any time, away from home, that day or night after gail dropped them off. What was he doing the next day? did he go to his next scheduled workday? how often were the kids left with his mother during that time in the next few days, and why?

Maybe I'm forgetting something in the angst of the PC:crazy:, but I don't recall this? Do you have a link with 10 min info? TIA

Wow, the husband was twitchy! I remember the last person I saw this twitchy was... (See Kyron Horman case.)

I think the husband was put on admin leave because someone snitched. If he is a upper level employee he would placed on admin leave for sleeping with a subordinate. This story broke and I guarantee someone snitched and told who the mistress was.

I wonder who was stalking GP. I was stalked for five years and that is frightening especially if you do not know who the stalker is. I didn't.

I also do not believe that there were any mental issues because why would the le let her take the kids to Ala.

I hope this hasn't turned into southern politics at its finest. :sick:

Does anyone know the job title of the husband and just how high up in the company he is?

I think he handles medicare policies etc for BCBST? his title is something like director of government business. to me, while a very respectable job and likely quite high paying, it is not one I find intimidating in any way. it's medicare for crying out loud, healthcare for the elderly not for the mob. and any respectable police officer (not all of them are...no offense) wouldn't care about it and would immediately be suspicious of any pressure from anybody not to investigate him as a potential suspect. IF they took the case seriously at all and were not sure she disappeared voluntarily.

There HAS to be more that LE knows for them to be so blah about this. I just wish they would say so. I had to stop following the Holly Bobo case because of the lack of information. You can only sleuth so long with ZERO information. Please let this case go differently. PLEASE!!!

Maybe I'm forgetting something in the angst of the PC:crazy:, but I don't recall this? Do you have a link with 10 min info? TIA

it's a ways back...something SB said, was not from the PC. will search for and post it soon.

This is according to who's timeline? His? What do the children say? I am not arguing just saying at this point facts are coming only from husband. And those are sketchy. Having her phone records and cell phone pings would paint a much clearer timeline and picture.

Her sister probably can fill in some blanks herself (thinking back to her conversation with her that morning) she does indicate panic in her call. What time was this call? Had Gail already arrived home and left again?

bolded by me.

I do.
Combined with all the weird stuff he's been doing (filing a restraining order, etc) and the apparent lack of compassion for his wife, "uncharacteristically jittery" could mean a lot more than stress about his wife being missing, which he obviously doesn't seem to care about.
As angry as he might be at her, a situation like this should make him forget the anger.
Of course, this is just my opinion and I certainly could be wrong.

Love how he said, "the children love you." No mention about him, but we already knew that, right?

Sheesh, if Gail did disappear voluntarily, then she should just stay in Signal Mountain--the best town in which not to be found.

Thoughtfox, thank you for your post and local input. The Thanks button is great but I really needed to post a personal thanx! Your perspective restores my hope. I have great respect for law enforcement as a whole and grieve over the few bad seeds we come across!

I agree with all the above...and special thanks to TF too. We appreciate all the views and help from locals.:seeya:

I'm going to take the high road at this point with LE and just say....LE is allowed to stretch the truth in investigations. Her not wanting to say anything about the AL LE may be a clue. If they are talking with LE in AL, (AD at the lake) then there is a possibility that the FBI does at least have an ear in the matter. Hoping that's the case...anyway.

Love how he said, "the children love you." No mention about him, but we already knew that, right?

bolded by me.

Now THAT is interesting, MacGyver!!! The sound was so bad, I didn't hear this right! I thought he said "we love you".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4