Crimewatch Reconstruction 14.10.13 2100GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just having trouble thinking about what could have possibly happened? If some true accident happened, did they have some fear that the Portugese police might lock them up for the rest of their lives? They are, presumably, upper-class doctors so I have a hard time believing any kind of nefarious activities were going on with the children.

I'm just having trouble with the notion of why these two educated, seemingly reasonable people who do some kind of cover-up? Unless they were maybe thinking that because they left the kids alone that they would be held responsible and locked up for the rest of their lives, whether in Portugual or in UK, since they had another child I can understand that fear. However, in that moment how did they have time to think so fast?

I take it you haven't read the Gaspars statements that were made to LE?

So in broad daylight, in a country they didn't know very well they went and hid a dead Madeleine so well that she has never been found? How?
How did they then go out and act all normal all night until Kate raised the alarm. There is nothing that claims that anything was up with them, infact I believe the restaurant staff said they were in high spirits. You'd think if they'd just killed their daughter in one way or another and had to dump her body somewhere that something would be amiss.

To be honest IF she was hidden immediately after whatever happened it doesn't mean shes there now. She could quite easily have been moved later that night or early the next day.

According to Crimewatch Jane Tanners sighting was not the abductor, but a man carrying his sleeping child from a kids club. The new description is from an Irish family, the Smiths, who were on holiday there.
The Smiths gave this info at the time, but it was not taken seriously by Portuguese Police.

I think it was taken seriously by Amaral at least. He was going to see Smith but shortly before he could he was taken off the case. After that it went down hill.

Regarding the supposed sighting by Jane Tanner whether it was a kidnapper or holiday maker the fact remains that Jez Wilkins said they didn't go past him which to me says it never happened which then raises other questions such as why did Jane Tanner lie? About Martin Smiths sighting and what he said its been said that police know it wasn't Gerry because he had witnesses to where he was but who exactly were the witnesses? his friends? because if so it doesn't mean much at all.

I thought this was very interesting its part of an interview done in the last few days with Goncalo Amaral....

BBC made a programme on the reconstitution of the events related to Maddie disappearance. How do you see the fact that the McCann couple and their friends have refused to do a reconstitution at the time of the [PJ] investigation?

- It's not a reconstitution. Or rather, it is not a reconstitution as foreseen in our Code of Criminal Procedure, which was rendered impossible due to the unavailability of the participants (suspects and friends). It should be recalled what the prosecutor of the Republic stated at the time of the archival of the process: with the non-participation in the reconstitution, the couple lost the possibility to prove their innocence. In fact that is what the reconstitution offers, the opportunity to enlighten and clarify any doubts, and it should be done by the participants, while alive.

In the investigation that you coordinated, were there suspects and identikits?

- The investigation had had three suspects. Some identikits were made.

I wonder who the THREE WERE....

Kate Gerry and Murat? Murat was brought into the frame because of the McCann friends. Interestingly he looked very very similar to the Dr that the Gaspars made allegations about.

Kate Gerry and Murat? Murat was brought into the frame because of the McCann friends. Interestingly he looked very very similar to the Dr that the Gaspars made allegations about.

Yes, I thought at the time the two men (Murat and the DR) could almost have been twins ;)

IMO it happened earlier. Before they ever left for dinner, they had already hid her little body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

But didn't one of the Tapas friends say they saw her sleeping when they checked on her? I suppose it would have been easy to adjust the covers to make it look like a little person was in the bed, but then why would they take a chance of letting one of the others go and check on the kids?

IMO it happened earlier. Before they ever left for dinner, they had already hid her little body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Also that still leaves the question of how did they hide the body so that it hasn't been discovered all these years?

Both portraits look like the same person to me. The only big difference is the shape of the jawline. As one seems to be almost cut off at one side, I'd guess that the collar or neckline of what he wore obscured the lower part of his face to some degree. That would vary with the POV of each witness, so one might get a better idea of the shape of his face than the other.

BTW I don't think this person is significant - just another parent taking his own child home imo.

Yes, but home from where? I thought they were walking right outside of the resort itself. And how come the man was by himself? Let's say he was walking back to his resort villa frome eating at an outside restaurant, the girl fell asleep and he was carrying her back to their room, did he go to eat by himself? Wouldn't there be other family members/friends with them? At least the mother if they were on vacation?

I do think the Smith witnessing is strange and it could very well be the abductor.

I take it you haven't read the Gaspars statements that were made to LE?

Ok, just read it. Creeeeeepy. But Dave said those things, not Gerry. So would that make Dave a possible suspect too? Or has he already been accounted for? It would be hard to believe he would have that much time alone with Madeleine to then have time to hide her body.

I think it's strange that the group of friends took turn bathing all the kids! I have never heard of a group of friends doing that before. Between our friends, it is pretty much assumed that every couple bathes their own kids. But I guess that could be a European thing.

Also that still leaves the question of how did they hide the body so that it hasn't been discovered all these years?

Apparently it isn't so difficult to hide a body (I am not being a smarta** here). If you don't know exactly where to look, then you are nearly out of luck. There are lots of missing and presumed dead people out there, and the world, or even one little country can be a pretty big place to search-regardless of who disappeared Madeleine.

[/B]

Yes, but home from where? I thought they were walking right outside of the resort itself. And how come the man was by himself? Let's say he was walking back to his resort villa frome eating at an outside restaurant, the girl fell asleep and he was carrying her back to their room, did he go to eat by himself? Wouldn't there be other family members/friends with them? At least the mother if they were on vacation?

I do think the Smith witnessing is strange and it could very well be the abductor.

The town of Praia de Luz itself comprises a "resort". If you are referring to the Mark Warner complex, that is only a small part of the town and there are many other hotels, holiday villas, apartments etc. Just like any other seaside holiday town.

There are all sorts of reasons why a father might be carrying a sleeping tot. Taking her home early from a gathering because she was tired, ahead of the rest of his family for instance.

Mr McCann says: "When it's a special occasion, when you should be your happiest and Madeleine's not there, that's when it really hits home. Obviously, Madeleine's birthday goes without saying."

Mrs McCann adds: "It's when you have big family occasions really. That's it isn't it? 'Family occasion' and you haven't got your complete family."

I know they're saying that they think Madeleine could be still alive but somehow this part sounds a lot like they believe she is dead to me. It is about how they're coping with their own loss themselves now that six years have passed and trying to adjust to a new normal but some days are just harder than others.

But if a parent believes that their child may have been kidnapped by a gang of pedophiles and may currently be residing in the Mediterranean isles, being "introduced to" and raped by international perverts, or might have spent the last six years shackled, beaten and brain injured in a local arielcastro's attic I can't believe that it would ever be easier to think about. It seems like it would be a fresh anguish every day to worry about what pain and suffering the child may be going through. But maybe they've blocked it out because it's too painful.

But didn't one of the Tapas friends say they saw her sleeping when they checked on her? I suppose it would have been easy to adjust the covers to make it look like a little person was in the bed, but then why would they take a chance of letting one of the others go and check on the kids?

I believe personally that at least some of the others knew what happened so if any of them said they saw her it doesn't really mean that much really.

[/B]

Smith was very very specific who he believed that man to be.

The town of Praia de Luz itself comprises a "resort". If you are referring to the Mark Warner complex, that is only a small part of the town and there are many other hotels, holiday villas, apartments etc. Just like any other seaside holiday town.

There are all sorts of reasons why a father might be carrying a sleeping tot. Taking her home early from a gathering because she was tired, ahead of the rest of his family for instance.

Ok but for eg if a child fell asleep in the restaurant why would the father go down the beach with her? surely its far more logical to go home so the child could go to sleep? Apart from that if it was totally innocent why did that man never come forward?

Smith was very very specific who he believed that man to be.
#

No he wasn't

In his FIRST statement he said her saw a man carrying a child but didn't see his face

Weeks late he see Gerry on TV carrying the twin and then bases the way he carried the child as the same as the person he saw - he was 60% sure

Doesn't sound very very specific to me - can you imagine this scenario ever being presented in court .

are we also supposed to discount the witnesses who put Gerry in the resort same time ?

Ok but for eg if a child fell asleep in the restaurant why would the father go down the beach with her? surely its far more logical to go home so the child could go to sleep? Apart from that if it was totally innocent why did that man never come forward?

I thought the man was going towards the beach but it was not on the beach as such, it's a street. Perhaps his hotel was there

smith.jpg
l was there.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/smith.jpg
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id162.html

Apparently it isn't so difficult to hide a body (I am not being a smarta** here). If you don't know exactly where to look, then you are nearly out of luck. There are lots of missing and presumed dead people out there, and the world, or even one little country can be a pretty big place to search-regardless of who disappeared Madeleine.

the guy in the UK long time ago, abducted 2 girls sedated them and put them in a holdall and carried them away no one noticed. They thank god were found alive.

look into any murder / even by say the mob - disposing of the body is the hard part - bodies leave evidence and even bodies buried come back due to animals etc

That why you get grizzly details of bodies getting dismembered and burnt - but they still leave trace

Now If you gave me 24 hours a car and no one looking at me or suspecting me I could drive somewhere and maybe get rid of a body - maybe but I don't know- and if it was my daughter - ??

OR Give me twenty minutes( tops ) and say go and be back to carry on a charade so don't get dirty or wet - and don't get seen by anyone - even though it is a holiday resort - and no you have no car or tools your own foot

Oh and we want you to move the body 5 weeks later in a hire car - so don't hide it too well

hmmm I don't think so - that is what we are asking to believe of Gerry

look into any murder / even by say the mob - disposing of the body is the hard part - bodies leave evidence and even bodies buried come back due to animals etc

That why you get grizzly details of bodies getting dismembered and burnt - but they still leave trace

Now If you gave me 24 hours a car and no one looking at me or suspecting me I could drive somewhere and maybe get rid of a body - maybe but I don't know- and if it was my daughter - ??

OR Give me twenty minutes( tops ) and say go and be back to carry on a charade so don't get dirty or wet - and don't get seen by anyone - even though it is a holiday resort - and no you have no car or tools your own foot

Oh and we want you to move the body 5 weeks later in a hire car - so don't hide it too well

hmmm I don't think so - that is what we are asking to believe of Gerry

Sometimes though the best place to hide a body is in plain view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998