IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about the phone. Maybe she didn't leave it in the restroom after all. Maybe someone else did.

I wish we could get the timeframe pinned down a little bit better. The reason I asked what time the VFW closed is that someone had said they were closing "early" that night. I thought a local also said that they normally stayed open until 4am and we all remarked about how late that was? Anyway, if Kristy was seen on the first surveillance footage passing by the TF 20 minutes after she was last seen (which I have read was around 1:30am), then 20 minutes after that (per the second surveillance footage...if that was her), which would be around 2:10 am....for sure, the VFW would have been closed. I was just trying to pinpoint whether or not it was closed IF she went back to get her phone. I would really like to know because if they were still open, then why wouldn't she have stopped IF that was her on the video the second time? It seems to me that the timeframe is a little curious. It means that everyone got out of there pretty quick IF the VFW was closed. Also, what about the cleaning guy? Surely he would have been there? Or, was he done for the night too?

I just have a ton of questions. I also still REALLY want to know about the rumor of the "dispute".

Ugh. Where are you Kristy?? :(

That was me. someone asked how late our local bars stay open. I know ss closes by 4am. I checked with the vfw and was told they close by 2am. I apologise for the misunderstanding. I think legally bars have to close by 4am here.

Well that's another story - lol! Maybe not as it was during the day though but still the employee/s would need to go at some time. If they're open to 4:00 a.m. normally (can't believe that), what time do they open? Maybe the VFW doesn't open until late afternoon. Do they have a Friday fish fry? Friday could be a busy time at the VFW.

Another crew comes in early and opens at 5am.

There are a few circumstances nagging at me:
1. Kk was supposed to go out with the bartender after she closed up, but when the bartender came out kk was gone.

2. Kk's cell phone left in the bathroom.

These two events lead me to believe her disappearance happened at the vfw.

I hope they find her, but with all of this talk about stripper pits, I'm starting to think otherwise.

Can LE pull camera footage from other businesses along possible routes to see if her car is spotted further out?

I do not know of any bars or clubs in Indiana that stay open until 4am. Most close at 2am and dance clubs or rowdier places stay open until 3am. Very rare for anything to be open @ 4am except Waffle House or 24 hour Wal-Mart. JMO

I do. Ss last call is 3:30, kicked out by 4

There are a few circumstances nagging at me:
1. Kk was supposed to go out with the bartender after she closed up, but when the bartender came out kk was gone.

2. Kk's cell phone left in the bathroom.

These two events lead me to believe her disappearance happened at the vfw.

I hope they find her, but with all of this talk about stripper pits, I'm starting to think otherwise.

Can LE pull camera footage from other businesses along possible routes to see if her car is spotted further out?

I believe they have looked at many cameras and even urged homeowners that have them to check footage. The VFW is right off the main road down a short lane. I'm curious as to whom the bartender is and the cleaning guy as well.

I'd like to know more about the conversation they had KK and the bartender.

I dont feel like an abduction took place at the vfw. I feel that her phone was left by mistake. Here's what i think...

She left vfw, headed to the ss, ran into someone she knows or someone she had recently met in the ss parking lot and they talked in the parking lot for awhile (maybe an ex lover? A new love interest), i dont believe it was a stranger. either the person she ran into in the parking lot rode with her somewhere or she left alone and something happened after this. Based on the second footage of her driving I think after leaving the ss parking lot she headed east on walnut which eventually turns into degonia rd.

If she was meeting somone at their place, like driving seperately, and that person lived on the northeast side of town that person could have drove north on third and then turned on an east bound rd. To get home. Wonder if any cameras picked up any vehicles heading north on 3rd st around the time she was caught on video the seond time? If they took seperate routes she would have had to have been familar with where this person live otherwise she would have followed that person.

Or something happened around the ss and the perp was driving her vehicle out of town.

The small duspute still sticks out to me though.

At first i leaned towards she just took off but as times goes on i find myself less set on this being a possiblity.

My thought is when a woman has small children, she's even more diligent about keeping her phone handy.
Obviously that's how I think but realize everyone isn't the same.

I think it's hard to ascribe any meaning to her leaving her phone in the bathroom. We all think about what we would do, but we don't know Kristy's habits and her mindset at the time.

Personally, I have small children, and I have an intense job where I need to keep my phone handy at all times. It's glued to my palm most of the time. I actually sleep next to it. Even so, I manage to leave it in stores, bathrooms, and various places around my house or under my car seat and then can't find it. I always notice it's missing within about 5 minutes, but at that point, I have to go back to the store, or use find my iphone to make it beep so I can find it. Once I set it down at an airport car rental desk and didn't realize I didn't have it until I was pulling away in the rental car!

If she is at all scatterbrained like me, and then she had been drinking on top of it, it might have been a simple matter of setting it down to wash her hands and walking out, thinking she stuck it in her purse. Also, we really don't know how intoxicated she was. I never heard the bartender say she wasn't drunk. The only thing I read is that she didn't have hard liquor and she was drinking beer only. Frankly, when I saw the conversation with the bartender on FB in the early days, I felt the bartender was being a little evasive about how much Kristy had to drink and would only comment on what she had to drink. The family and friends were getting pretty upset that people were asking how much Kristy had to drink at the time, which I suppose is understandable, but it was and is a valid question. No judgement, but it does matter in the grand scheme of things. Her state of mind would say a lot about her motivations and that phone being left in the bathroom.

On the other hand, her phone being left could be something more nefarious. I just don't think there is any way to know.

Maybe the bartender was trying to cover her butt in case KK was involved in an accident. Serving alcohol to an intoxicated person.

I dont feel like an abduction took place at the vfw. I feel that her phone was left by mistake. Here's what i think...

She left vfw, headed to the ss, ran into someone she knows or someone she had recently met in the ss parking lot and they talked in the parking lot for awhile (maybe an ex lover? A new love interest), i dont believe it was a stranger. either the person she ran into in the parking lot rode with her somewhere or she left alone and something happened after this. Based on the second footage of her driving I think after leaving the ss parking lot she headed east on walnut which eventually turns into degonia rd.

If she was meeting somone at their place, like driving seperately, and that person lived on the northeast side of town that person could have drove north on third and then turned on an east bound rd. To get home. Wonder if any cameras picked up any vehicles heading north on 3rd st around the time she was caught on video the seond time? If they took seperate routes she would have had to have been familar with where this person live otherwise she would have followed that person.

Or something happened around the ss and the perp was driving her vehicle out of town.

The small duspute still sticks out to me though.

At first i leaned towards she just took off but as times goes on i find myself less set on this being a possiblity.

I'm with you on most of this. I keep coming back to SS bar or the dispute. SS is not the most savory place to be, even early in the evening. I can't imagine what's going on there at 2 am. I know she never made it inside SS, but I just wonder if something happened in the parking lot? The only thing that doesn't work for me with this scenario is that she took off without telling the bartender at VFW she was going ahead without her. The only way her leaving without saying something to the VFW bartender makes sense to me is that she got tired of waiting on the girl to write up deposit slips in the back and decided to go home because it was getting so late and she had to work the next morning. I thought of myself in that situation and if someone was back in the office and I had waited a really long time and was getting super tired, and I was uncomfortable going behind the counter or back to the office to find the person, I might get annoyed and leave.

Or, she was forced to leave, which seems a long shot.

The dispute bothers me. I don't fight with my friends, and if I did it wouldn't be in public. Although I expect a little of this sort of thing from very young people, Kristy is a divorced mother of two who is approaching her 30s. She isn't a teenager. Having a verbal altercation of any sort in public with the friends you are out having a good time with seems really strange to me.

If in fact her car is in one of these lakes/stripper pits (which is what I suspect), I don't know how they are going to locate it unless they get some sonar in here or something to help them narrow it down. So far, I've seen zero indication of them considering that, or even if it is possible, but I might just not be informed on that front.

I'm with you on most of this. I keep coming back to SS bar or the dispute. SS is not the most savory place to be, even early in the evening. I can't imagine what's going on there at 2 am. I know she never made it inside SS, but I just wonder if something happened in the parking lot? The only thing that doesn't work for me with this scenario is that she took off without telling the bartender at VFW she was going ahead without her. The only way her leaving without saying something to the VFW bartender makes sense to me is that she got tired of waiting on the girl to write up deposit slips in the back and decided to go home because it was getting so late and she had to work the next morning. I thought of myself in that situation and if someone was back in the office and I had waited a really long time and was getting super tired, and I was uncomfortable going behind the counter or back to the office to find the person, I might get annoyed and leave.

Or, she was forced to leave, which seems a long shot.

The dispute bothers me. I don't fight with my friends, and if I did it wouldn't be in public. Although I expect a little of this sort of thing from very young people, Kristy is a divorced mother of two who is approaching her 30s. She isn't a teenager. Having a verbal altercation of any sort in public with the friends you are out having a good time with seems really strange to me.

If in fact her car is in one of these lakes/stripper pits (which is what I suspect), I don't know how they are going to locate it unless they get some sonar in here or something to help them narrow it down. So far, I've seen zero indication of them considering that, or even if it is possible, but I might just not be informed on that front.

I agree, the part about her not letting her friend know she was leaving stands out to me too. Unless, she got offended by something the bartender said, like if she felt the bartender sided with her other friends and she got to stewing about it while the bartender was in the back and decided she was mad about it and left. Alcohol tends to do that to some, makes mountains out of mole hills.

I would think that the vfw is a laid back enough place that it wouldnt have been an issue to peak into the office and be like "hey im heading out". Even withthe manager being there.

I think she may have planned on going back the next morning to get her phone after she realised she left it behind, figuring the bar was already closed.

Kristy has a dispute with a friend, leaves her cell phone behind and then disappears. Nope, nothing shady about any of that. :gaah: How can those things NOT be related? There has to be SOMETHING that led to her disappearance. I just can't reconcile the fact that all of that was just normal stuff and then Kristy went missing.

But all of that IS normal stuff. The only out of the ordinary thing is that Kristy went missing afterwards. I think the phone and the dispute may have contributed to her disappearance, but I do not thing they were the cause of it or were directly related. Does that make sense?

Considering she was the last to leave, it might seem obvious it could have been her phone or someone would have turned it in earlier. Right? Maybe I'm assuming too much about what small town mentality might be like but I imagine these types of situations might be handled more personally considering you'd know your regulars and take better care of them (like so and so needs to know asap they left their phone behind cuz they're probably worried about where they left it type of thing). Am I off base with my assumptions? The VFW being the venue makes me think this way even more.

From what I understand, the phone was found the next morning, not that night. It was turned over to the VFW staff (whoever was there during the daytime). They didn't think much of it because, at the time, Kristy's disappearance wasn't known. The VFW held onto the phone thinking that whoever left it would come back for it. When they heard about Kristy's disappearance and realized the phone was hers, they turned it over to her parents. I'm pretty sure I read all of this on FB. I do not know whether the phone was on or off at that point. Perhaps the battery had died by then? If she was using it all evening and then it sat in the bathroom all night, the battery could have been dead by morning.

Lauren Spierer did.

I have a hunch the phone is irrelevant to KK's disappearance except for the possibility that she drove back to the VFW to retrieve it. JMHO.

I agree, and that's what I meant when I said it might have contributed to her disappearance. She goes back to look for it, which takes her away from her original destination and throws her regular pattern off.

As for the dispute, I would like to know what it was about. However, to me it is a big jump from having a dispute with that friend to actually killing them over it, you know? The dispute could have disrupted her plans (she leaves alone instead of with her friends), but I don't think it was a dispute that lead to murder.

Weird there is a plane flying low keeps circling a wooded area in N Spencer co

One was flying over my house repeatedly yesterday (Scales Lake area). They've been flying over every day, but yesterday it was about three times more than usual. I guess I can't say that they are looking for Kristy but I don't see a lot of private planes flying over otherwise.

I hope they find something today, too!

This is flying the s end of Dale and its still there and moving more s now toward Lincoln state park and holiday world area.It keeps circling too so I think its looking for something.

Yes 88keys, it totally makes sense. But, what I'm having a hard time with is reconciling that these "normal" things happened all on the night that she disappeared. Kristy gets into a "dispute", leaves her phone behind in the bathroom, and then doesn't say goodbye to the bartender. I can't help but feel that at least one of these things has something to do with it. I'm always up for being wrong, and I am often, but these things just seem like too much of a coincidence to me. Those "normal things" just strike me as odd considering they happened right before she disappeared. I just don't think we can look at anything as a "normal" occurrence. We have to look at everything that happened that night BEFORE she went missing. KWIM?

In any case, I would hope that if someone was going to disappear...it wouldn't be one of those times (that we all have) when they misplaced their phone. Unless Kristy didn't want anyone to find her. And in that case, it all seems to make sense to me. For the record, I don't think that's the case. But again, I've been wrong too many times to count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam