JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just typed it wrong here. Sorry. I was searching for LJ. Hmm, perhaps JLM would be another way to search?

He may have simply used Jesse - in plain sight - another one of his MOs!

ETA: he may have used Matthew or Carr or Leroy

Considering JLM history, and reported cases of rapes in college...I can't help but wonder if he might be someone who really changes with too much alcohol. I knew someone like this in college. Quiet docile guy, friends with everyone, but when he got to this certain point of drunk, he would just change. It didn't happen every time he drank. But he would drink enough, and it was like he would just be in this preditor mode. Sexually aggressive etc. I was victimized by him as a freshmen but the people there just assumed we were both drunk and fuzzy, and it couldn't be because I was describing someone none of us knew. To the point I even questioned myself. It wasnt till senior year that another male friend found him cornering me, and finally realized what I'd said all those years ago had been true. In all honesty it was awkward. And when my male friend called him out on his behavior the following day when he was sober, this "drunk predator" was totally stunned and embarrassed by his behavior. It really was as if alcohol had flipped a switch in him. I wonder if JLM is similar in this regard. Ill admit I was still friends with this kid even after he did that stuff to me, because all my friends where, and it was easier, and no one new this other side. So I guess I can see how maybe JLM coud have operated similarly, and why maybe even people who knew him, and new he had a darker side, chose not to believe it coud be this bad.

Could be drink, drugs is a catalyst with him. No mention from the Fairfax victim reports, that the perp appeared to be inebriated. Nor do any of the reports from those who saw JM when Hannah disappeared say that he was drunk. Meniton has been made that Hannah was likely intoxicated, highly even. But nothing about JM that I remember.

I am consistently shocked and amazed at exactly how close the sketch from 2005 was to reality. It's just mind blowing. No wonder his friends noticed. Here's a side-by-side that I put together using his older Myspace photo:

jlm-sketch.jpg

ETA: Unfortunately the MySpace image handling and migration modified the date in the EXIF data on the image to this year, which is not when the picture was taken, and this photo did not have a date stamp. It was in the same album with another photo that had a date stamp of June 09, 2007, in which he looks the same, so it's fair to assume that the images were taken around the same time.

Could be drink, drugs is a catalyst with him. No mention from the Fairfax victim reports, that the perp appeared to be inebriated. Nor do any of the reports from those who saw JM when Hannah disappeared say that he was drunk. Meniton has been made that Hannah was likely intoxicated, highly even. But nothing about JM that I remember.

I get that. The thing is the kid I knew didn't seem drunk when he would get to this flip switch point either. It was more like Jekyll and Hyde switch then sober to drunk switch. If that makes sense. Meaning we know he was drinking (he bought drinks at the bar), but not everyone who is drunk or even "backed out" always is slurrying and falling.

I get that. The thing is the kid I knew didn't seem drunk when he would get to this flip switch point either. It was more like Jekyll and Hyde switch then sober to drunk switch. If that makes sense. Meaning we know he was drinking (he bought drinks at the bar), but not everyone who is drunk or even "backed out" always is slurrying and falling.

BBM

I agree. A male friend of mine once had his drink spiked, he got home fine somehow but the next day realised he couldn't remember a thing about the night before after drinking his first beer. He found out he had been in bars 3 miles from where he started out, and when he asked his friends why they didn't notice he was out of it, they said he was acting completely normal all night and they hadn't known anything was wrong.

I am consistently shocked and amazed at exactly how close the sketch from 2005 was to reality. It's just mind blowing. No wonder his friends noticed. Here's a side-by-side that I put together using his older Myspace photo:

View attachment 62175

ETA: Unfortunately the MySpace image handling and migration modified the date in the EXIF data on the image to this year, which is not when the picture was taken, and this photo did not have a date stamp. It was in the same album with another photo that had a date stamp of June 09, 2007, in which he looks the same, so it's fair to assume that the images were taken around the same time.

Are there any photos that we are aware of JLM around the time MH went missing (October 2009) thru July 2010 (when the Fairfax sketch was released to the public)?

I am sure people identified him on the surveillance video at the mall, but that is not how Longo phrased it. Longo said the investigation led them to the car, and the car led them to JM. But that doesn't make sense to me. :thinking:

This could make sense if the initial reports were true--the ones that mentioned that there was CCV of HG getting into JM's car. (The story quickly vanished thereby I do not have a link.)

Are there any photos that we are aware of JLM around the time MH went missing (October 2009) thru July 2010 (when the Fairfax sketch was released to the public)?

There is a photo poster ThinkHard provided in one of the threads of JM at a Halloween party 2009 and one of him in a news article about giving a taxi ride to three women in April 2010 (they took pics ofJM at the time).

There are probably more but those two come to mind.

I am sure people identified him on the surveillance video at the mall, but that is not how Longo phrased it. Longo said the investigation led them to the car, and the car led them to JM. But that doesn't make sense to me. :thinking:

My hunch is that one if his neighbors called in that they recognized him from the video but they did not know his name.

Prediction time. Will he change his hair for court?

My first reaction was... "Oh, but of course." Then I thought about it and realized that by changing his hair, he'd only look more like "Sketch." :thinking:

View attachment 62175

Thank you!! I was hoping someone would post that comparison. I think he looks a lot more like the composite sketch than the more recent age progressed one! It's pretty remarkable how those sketch artists can nail it based off of just a verbal description.

My first reaction was... "Oh, but of course." Then I thought about it and realized that by changing his hair, he'd only look more like "Sketch." :thinking:

I can see him wanting to keep the hair for Fairfax but possibly get rid of it for Charlottesville. Plus, his attorney might want to give him a different look.

My hunch is that one if his neighbors called in that they recognized him from the video but they did not know his name.

It would not have been hard to identify him. He was a local. People knew him. People who work in bars he frequented would have known him.

He could have been spotted by multiple people who knew him from around town that night. There are two main areas where people bar hop, The Downtown Mall (pedestrian only street up and down, though cars can cross it), and The corner which is closer to UVA campus. You go out on the weekends you see the same people. He grew up there don't forget. This isn't NYC this is little Cville.

It would not have been hard to identify him. He was a local. People knew him. People who work in bars he frequented would have known him.

He could have been spotted by multiple people who knew him from around town that night. There are two main areas where people bar hop, The Downtown Mall (pedestrian only street up and down, though cars can cross it), and The corner which is closer to UVA campus. You go out on the weekends you see the same people. He grew up there don't forget. This isn't NYC this is little Cville.

You don't really see people that you know in those type of posters. Even if they look very much like the poster, the connection doesn't happen unless another hit comes through, like an odd comment, unusual actions, something, is my opinion. The resemblance is not that striking, IMO, anyways as a photo--I can very easily pick out JM from the old photos, even if mixed in with a lot of other similarly looking men. But that sketch, I think can look like any number of people, admittedly also JM. He certainly would NOT be eliminated from the case by that sketch. I would find it difficult to call LE and report someone I knew in an innocuous and friendly way as part of the community as resembling some sketch that could look like any number of people but could also be that person. Some other hinky thing would have to happen.

He high fived one of the women in the video just before Hannah comes into the frame. Maybe one of them came forward when they saw the video on the news!

You don't really see people that you know in those type of posters. Even if they look very much like the poster, the connection doesn't happen unless another hit comes through, like an odd comment, unusual actions, something, is my opinion. The resemblance is not that striking, IMO, anyways as a photo--I can very easily pick out JM from the old photos, even if mixed in with a lot of other similarly looking men. But that sketch, I think can look like any number of people, admittedly also JM. He certainly would NOT be eliminated from the case by that sketch. I would find it difficult to call LE and report someone I knew in an innocuous and friendly way as part of the community as resembling some sketch that could look like any number of people but could also be that person. Some other hinky thing would have to happen.

I wasnt referring to the sketch. I was referring to people who would have seen him with Hannah the night she disappeared. I was saying if he was bar hopping at the downtown mall that night, and people saw him with Hannah....any number of people who would of seen him in the area that night would have known who he is....by that I mean, a local out at the downtown mall on a Saturday night....it would be very unlikely they didn't run into anyone they knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17