The message on the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't have a handwriting expert to analyze it. The family (through the lawyer) complained about that.

I think this definitely should have been looked into. However, I still agree with this (I'm assuming block leters means writing in all capitals)

http://handwritinganalysis-1.blogspot.com/2009/03/when-people-write-in-all-capitals.html

The least possible is revealed from writing in all capitals. Printing shows less than script, but when all the writing is in capitals, it hides even more.

Most handwritten ransom notes, for example, are written in all capitals!

I think finding a note or using any written evidence related to a death/murder that is in all printed caps is immediately suspect since it is much more difficult to know who wrote it.

chasing.halos,
I think your interpretations of the message are really interesting. I wish that the message was not written in all caps so we could see if it was written 'He' or 'he'.

I have a hard time believing that an alleged suicidal Rebecca authored it since the message was written in the third person. It is too similar to messages left at crime scenes rather than suicides.

She could have said the same thing: I saved Maxie can God save me? or I saved Maxie, can Jonah save me?

IMO, if it were written by woman driven to kill herself, she would have been penned a message on paper in her own handwriting.

My personal, hinky meter goes crazy when instead, the message is written in the third person, with paint and a brush (squeezed from the tube to the brush, no less) onto a door.

My thoguhts exactly. To add to what you have said.... this is one more laborious thing, along with the complicated rope tying scenario, that we are expected to believe she did (along with typing herself that way and then hoping out to the railing and heaving herself over!).

I don't believe being an artist makes one think they want to paint words either although I don't know what kind of art Rebecca did. This all sounds like some kind of silly staging to me to make it look like Rebecca did it (so maybe I will have to go back on my previous thoughts that this was just a murder and instead say it was a murder staged to look like a suicide - still thinking on that one). The staging or whatever looks to us to provide some kind of proof it was suicide, but it would be easy to set-up really and I think 'silly' because we are to believe that since she was an artist she would leave a note in paint on the door.

I've thought from the beginning someone used threats or a gun to get her to do some things and still think that's very probable. I'm still not convinced she even went over that balcony.

Was there paint found on the shirt tied around her neck and in her mouth?

Yes, but Rebecca's family have said that she was very religious in her Christian faith. How did she reconcile that with JS and children being Jewish? I worked with a woman whose daughter's in-laws had taken their grandson and had him baptized behind her back.

I really take it that both Rebecca and Jonah were liberal in their religious perspectives. I feel too many here are trying to impose a fairly strict or more conservative Christian perspective on what Rebecca may have believed. I don't see any reason a person can't be very religious (or spiritual) Christian and also accept their partner being Jewish and his children following those traditions? In fact, I've known a lot of folks like that.

I think finding a note or using any written evidence related to a death/murder that is in all printed caps is immediately suspect since it is much more difficult to know who wrote it.

Agreed.

Obviously, someone who intends to commit suicide is not in their "right" mind, but if this was meant as some sort of suicide note or final thought or whatever, why write it in such an unusual way? It's as though the intent was to obscure the writer of the message, and I have to wonder why Rebecca would do that? Certainly, if she commited suicide, she recognized that her death would be determined to be a suicide, and there is no reason to use anything other than her own handwriting to write it.

Is it possible she did all this with the intention of making it difficult for LE to determine her cause of death, maybe even to make it appear as though she was murdered? It's a stretch, IMO, but I suppose it's possible.

Just curious about what others think the message actually means???

She saved him, can he save her

She (killer) saved Jonah (from sin) - can he save her (the killer) (from murder charges) ?

I just cannot believe she would go to the trouble to tie her feet together, gag herself, get the rope around her neck and then tie her hands together before hanging herself. I don't think it was suicide IMO.

Agreed.

Obviously, someone who intends to commit suicide is not in their "right" mind, but if this was meant as some sort of suicide note or final thought or whatever, why write it in such an unusual way? It's as though the intent was to obscure the writer of the message, and I have to wonder why Rebecca would do that? Certainly, if she commited suicide, she recognized that her death would be determined to be a suicide, and there is no reason to use anything other than her own handwriting to write it.

Is it possible she did all this with the intention of making it difficult for LE to determine her cause of death, maybe even to make it appear as though she was murdered? It's a stretch, IMO, but I suppose it's possible.

I just can't see Rebecca obscuring her own cause of death and motive. I think there would be a motive to make it look bizarre or obscured/mysterious if she were murdered. Put that together with someone knowingly covering their own DNA and other evidence and I think there is a strong case for murder.

The message on the door just doesn't seem to mean anything from any perspective related to Rebecca writing it or doing it in that way. I think it is either meaningless and left by the killer to add a bizarre/mysterious facet and make it look like a suicide or a serial killer or perhaps it is a message for someone, staging the crime scene (poorly?), etc.?

The message still seems reminiscent of this genre of fantasy/fiction to me:

1. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvnIWHhK7tQ"]Someone To Protect - A Sesshomaru Fanfic Video - YouTube[/ame]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvnIWHhK7tQ7 min - Sep 30, 2009 - Uploaded by shedvil1985
    She then asks if she is in debt to him because he saved her. ... to no-one, but if she could choose who she belonged to, it would be him ...
  2. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVSThW6mvU"]Devil May Cry Walkthrough (PS2) Part 25 - YouTube[/ame]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVSThW6mvU11 min - Nov 11, 2009 - Uploaded by AplG7Rocks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=judSO1swOUU ... She saved him. He shed tears for her and blame himself for not being their to save ...
  3. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8NaQfbsV0o"]He Saved Me (Jemi Vampire/Love Story) Chapter.1 - YouTube[/ame]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8NaQfbsV0o4 sec - Aug 15, 2011 - Uploaded by mongouseGirl8786
    Joe looked at her through the darkness as he could see her perfectly. J: 'i can save you dems' D:(looked at him confused) 'what are ...

I think this definitely should have been looked into. However, I still agree with this (I'm assuming block leters means writing in all capitals)

http://handwritinganalysis-1.blogspot.com/2009/03/when-people-write-in-all-capitals.html

In the AR, the message was typed with just the first letter of each word capitalized...which is even odder to me.

She saved him, can he save her

She (killer) saved Jonah (from sin) - can he save her (the killer) (from murder charges) ?

The AR says the message was "...Can You Save Her". It is Rebecca's family that said that the You is He.

In the AR, the message was typed with just the first letter of each word capitalized...which is even odder to me.

I wonder if this is how it was written?

SHE SAVED HIM ....

Using lower case letters when quickly painting a suicide note, seems even less likely

Just out of cryptographic curiosity I put the beginnings of the letters into google and get this! :crazy:

How to avoid access computer through ssh
You can use the following command to avoid access via SSH for a given user account. Code: Select all: # chsh -s /sbin/nologin {username} ...

The AR says the message was "...Can You Save Her". It is Rebecca's family that said that the You is He.

so then the can you save her - is someone leaving a message for Jonah?

It almost sounds like someone, who ultimately murdered Rebecca, wanted Jonah to suffer the loss of someone he loved. His target: the beloved Max. Max is attacked and left for dead, but Max didn't die, because "she saved him". So, she will die in his place, unless "you", Jonah, can save her (which he obviously could not).

I know it sounds like something out of a bad novel, but nothing else makes any sense of the words for me.

Who would want to cause Jonah such pain, and why?

Agreed.

That is a theory, but not a very popular one here.

so then the can you save her - is someone leaving a message for Jonah?

I posted upthread the various options for the She, Him, You and Her. It could be a message to JS. Or, as I posted as an example, a message to AS since she was found hanging in clear view of the guest house... I do believe the message is meant for someone specific.

Agreed.

If she tried to make her death look like a murder and tried to obscure the writer of the message, why wouldn't she clean her hands and remove the black paint? The black paint was on her right hand, her collar bone, her breast, and the rope on her neck. To me, it looks like someone else wrote the note and went over his/her way to show Rebecca was the author. Who would be so messy to have paint over so many different body parts after writing a message?

If she tried to make her death look like a murder and tried to obscure the writer of the message, why wouldn't she clean her hands and remove the black paint? The black paint was on her right hand, her collar bone, her breast, and the rope on her neck. To me, it looks like someone else wrote the note and went over his/her way to show Rebecca was the author. Who would be so messy to have paint over so many different body parts after writing a message?

exactly...and even more curious...she had no paint on the rope bindings on her wrists and ankles...so is that to say that she was already bound --both hands and feet and hopped over to the guest room door, precisely squirted paint from the tube to the paintbrush and crafted her final words on to the door before hopping with the precision of a gymnast to the balcony and over the side?

And yet the paint on the body has been used as an argument for murder. It is a very suspicious and confusing situation and I for one do not have all the answers. And I'm ok with that.

If it was my family member who died...I would not stop until I found all the answers.

If it was my family member who died...I would not stop until I found all the answers.

I was waiting for someone to say that. With the information publicly available to me, I can only theorize to the best of my ability. . . With the facts on hand. I'm ok with waiting on more information that will clear things up. I like to think I'm open to changing my theory should new info come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie