LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think they'd fly the drone and the helicopter first over Mickey's most likely route (between BW's and her home), and then possible alternate routes. ? Either Tim or LE said that they don't have anything to go on.

She could still be alive, but injured from a spill or being hit. Some people have made it OK even after 10 days..

Hi all, new here.

I think Schmidty is on to something.

I have been thinking that it is possible a neighbor was familiar with her from coming and going to BW's house and possibly befriended her on occasion and knew at some point he would have an opportunity to snatch her. She was familiar with him and stopped to say hello giving him that opportunity. Are there any neighbors that live alone? Possibly a loner type? Is LE planning on going door to door? It doesnt seem to me that she got very far. Maybe I watch too much TV, but it is possible that the abducter could have her in his house right under our noses.

The fact that she was so tired and delayed in getting home and food, and supposedly a little hungover stands out to me. This may have reduced her ability to be alert and lowered her instincts.

Does anyone know if they are searching areas outside of Lafayette? Within a 10 mile radius of the city are several smaller towns and cities that have ample farmland, crawfish ponds and overgrown fields. Most are dimly lit, and evidence could have been easily disposed of in those areas--not a lot of homes, not a lot of businesses.

Hi all, new here.

I have been thinking that it is possible a neighbor was familiar with her from coming and going to BW's house and possibly befriended her on occasion and knew at some point he would have an opportunity to snatch her. She was familiar with him and stopped to say hello giving him that opportunity. Are there any neighbors that live alone? Possibly a loner type? Is LE planning on going door to door? It doesnt seem to me that she got very far. Maybe I watch too much TV, but it is possible that the abducter could have her in his house right under our noses.

Mine is a gut feeling combined with Occam's Razor reasoning. I rode my bike in that exact area 35 years ago, 20 years ago, and my son now rides with the cyclist club in town. I lived on Ryan Street 30 years ago. I went to school with kids from either side of Congress Street there in that downtown area. I lived on Cedar Crest (next block over) 25 years ago for a couple of years. I know the area REAL well and could probably give each block an individual danger rating from 1-100, for a 20-30 block radius.

My memory encompasses not only crimes that happened and where (in that area) over the last few decades, but persons to whom they happened. I had a wallet stolen years ago and the contents were found strewn in an empty lot across Congress from Ryan. I know the level of fear I have felt at varying times over the years at the grocery across the street from the Parkside intersection when buying hot dogs there for lunch.

I know what factoring in the influx of new residents into that area after Katrina did to danger level. I know of the drug activity, the homeless population that roams that area, the crime that has existed in that area my entire life.

Based on the odds, the most likely scenario is the one I gave.

Did they say where the blurry image of someone on a bike was, in relation to B's house? To see how far she may have made it, if it was her?

I still think there's a good chance she wrecked. As I said before, it's easier to wreck at night, there are holes in the road you would see in the daylight but can't see at night. Maybe she was injured/dazed and a "good samaritan" driving by stopped to "help" and "take her to the hospital or home" but who actually was a predator. That's why nothing has been found, he scooped everything up and put it in his vehicle.

Like Morgan Harrington, where she was intoxicated and probably hitchhiking on a college campus when she had the extremely unfortunate luck to get in the car with a predator (who had attacked women in the past) and who was likely cruising the college area looking for vulnerable women to victimize.

Did they say where the blurry image of someone on a bike was, in relation to B's house? To see how far she may have made it, if it was her?
No. They said they've looked at hours (don't recall how many) of videos, but most of the videos taken from camera mounted on a building and are pointed at the street. So the images of something going by near the street are too blurry to be useful. They encouraged everyone with video cams to review their coverage during a timeframe (think they said for an hour starting at 1am).

Link for katc's video page (but no link for today's 3pm presser yet):

http://www.katc.com/video/

I got hit on my bike when I was living in new Orleans. The guy put me and my bike in his van and drove me home. Luckily. Very likely scenario that this happened and ended differently for her. We are so naive when we are young.

My initial thought was a drunk driver. The best (for lack of a better word) place for this would have been on Souvenir Gate. My best friend just moved from the St. Street area, and I know leaving her house at night going down the dark and windy Souvenir Gate is scary in a car with my husband, much less alone on a bike. But since there has been no evidence of this (and I really believe there would be SOMETHING had this happened), my gut reaction is that someone very near lured her in and has her. I am familiar with the area as well and have known several people who lived there, though I have never lived in the area myself. to me, there is always an uneasy feeling. Old houses, overgrown yards. Kind of always get the feeling you are being watched. Just something in my gut tells me that neighbors should be checked out, especially since they said the neighbors called about a disturbance around the same time.

I agree with your theory up to maybe # 8 or 9. We are friendly people here. She seems like a very friendly girl. I feel it was someone she may have passed before therefor felt comfortable stopping to say hello. It would have been much easier and quieter if he would have stopped her and then grabbed her in his own yard. He would be much more comfortable and efficient in his own territory. Wouldn't need a 2nd person.

I still think there's a good chance she wrecked. As I said before, it's easier to wreck at night, there are holes in the road you would see in the daylight but can't see at night. Maybe she was injured/dazed and a "good samaritan" driving by stopped to "help" and "take her to the hospital or home" but who actually was a predator. That's why nothing has been found, he scooped everything up and put it in his vehicle.

Like Morgan Harrington, where she was intoxicated and probably hitchhiking on a college campus when she had the extremely unfortunate luck to get in the car with a predator (who had attacked women in the past) and who was likely cruising the college area looking for vulnerable women to victimize.

I am thinking of a case in Illinois of a husband and wife. Husband died at scene. She walked off into the snow and for a distance and died. It took them quite a while to find her and she was in a formal red gown.

I suppose there might be an area where Mickey could have wrecked, left her bike and it was stolen or picked up her bike and walked off and is laying lost and injured....:please: Find Mickey
JMO

2 cents
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here,

I do not suspect BW of this, just does not fit the profile in my opinion/gut feeling of someone capable of harming someone in this fashion.

I first came to this websleuths site because of something close to my home in Indiana, the Lauren Spierer case.
==============================

I clipped the above because the post was quite long. This is my reply.

If you get a chance do compare Holly Bobo, Lauren Spierer and Micky. It is amazing.

The three are blonde, blue eyes, about 110 and 5'1". All about 21 and all disappeared without a trace.

I think it was JVM or NG that showed the three girls pictures. Wow.

Am sure this isn't allowed, but I do think it is very relevant.

I don't recall Tim Miller being in Louisiana for a search in the past (I could be wrong or was just not aware of any).

Would like to let Mr. Miller and his crews know how welcome they are here and that we as Louisianians appreciate them.

Am challenging all my Louisiana friends to donate to TES $10+. Are we on Louisiana and our other WS friends!?? I am!

I am thinking of a case in Illinois of a husband and wife. Husband died at scene. She walked off into the snow and for a distance and died. It took them quite a while to find her and she was in a formal red gown.

I suppose there might be an area where Mickey could have wrecked, left her bike and it was stolen or picked up her bike and walked off and is laying lost and injured....:please: Find Mickey
JMO

Possible, blow to the side of the head caused a slow bleed. Unfortunately if that were the case, I would think whoever found the bike would say something and we have nothing yet! I just hope we don't have another serial killer on the loose!

Hi all, new here.

I agree. If a local abducted her, she could be kept captive in the home. That is probably one of the best scenarios at this point.

They didn't identify the place--NG called it a store--and Craft confirmed it was somewhere between Brettly's and Mickey's.

This has me thinking- maybe the perp hit her with his vehcile and then took her. Sean Vincent Gillis (the lesser-known Baton Rouge Serial killer, arrested in 2005) hit one of his victimes, a jogger he had been stalking for sometime, while she was jogging. He hit her with his car, threw her in his car and then took her home to rape, kill, and mutilate her. She was jogging in a semi-residential middle class area off a main path (Quail Rd off of a main street, Perkins, for the locals) I think I daylight.

Maybe perp hit Mickey with his vehicle, took her bike, too or someone came later and scooped up bike. I know we think someone would have heard the crash, but I don't think anyone did in the Gillis murder/abduction of the jogger.

A few weeks ago when the Baines family were kidnapped etc.. my intuition kept popping up with the images of E.Smart feeling the younger girls were someplace " in the woods" and they were as it turned out.

What keeps coming to my mind in this case is something that happened to my brother two years ago. He was bike riding on a country road in upstate NY and a woman in a car hit him. Literally hit and drove him several feet off the road. He broke several ribs ( only ) but you know what the first thing the woman driver said? She said, "Are you Single???...because people DO MEET this way"!!! ) WTH... this struck me as a very strange thing to say considering he was sprawled out and injured.

But ....OT or not. for what ever it is worth....I keep thinking of that and seeing Poor MS run off the road in the middle of the night...then abducted by some truck or van by someone or "plural people" that took everything with them. I hate the thought and reality of human trafficking.:::shudder::: :-(

I really really, do not think that she voluntarily " ran away". Kids in close families do not miss their siblings graduations.

:-(
Praying for the missing.
We have to teach our kids how to be smarter/safer in our world.
:couch:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member