Trial Discussion Thread #55 - 14.14.10, Day 44 ~ sentencing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if Roux or is bored or tired. He has been yawning and rubbing his face. Maybe he has been burning the midnight oil.

I'm not convinced that continuing this line of questioning for so long is productive.

.. yes, that is what he is trying to do .. he is also trying to get across that OP is not indispensable, as Vz is trying to make out that he is.. Nel is trying to get across that these charities are doing perfectly ok without OP now, other athletes are involved and they don't actually need Pistorius. Also that most of the stuff Vz has highlighted about Pistorius's work is nothing over and above what any other ordinary person would've done.

I don't think Milady is getting any of this stuff though ..

Thanks for the explanation! I never even thought of that aspect of it but you're absolutely spot on! Plus this foundation isn't even up and running so he can't say that a charity that he was in charge of would collapse if he was jailed.

Nel talking about all the duplications of the same letter in the docs.

N: You were not involved in the compilation of this evidence and did not pick it up before giving evidence?

VZ: I did not.

So someone has replicated lots of letters to make it difficult for Nel to read it all, overnight?

Cruella! stop with the fanning yourself ...tis very distracting!

The lack of comments here says a lot, am I right?

N: The visit to Doah was a money making venture?

VZ: ...for me on my part, if I can combine charity work and business for my client...

Nel repeats that OP was paid for this charity work.

VZ: I saw the opp to structure a deal, and that's what I did.

Van Zyl was not part of the construction of this giant 100 page Oscar Pistorius charity and good works report from Van Zyl for the court. (I think). Nel points out there are page repetitions.

Van Zyl states there are some image repeats, but he “wasn’t involved” in the creation and …didn’t seem to read this document before coming to court?

Nel states: "The visit to Doha was a moneymaking visit?" - where Pistorius raced a horse as a publicity stunt.

Van Zyl answers it was a dual-purpose visit. Pistorius owns a racehorse which was also in Doha racing and he also did some charity work. He thinks combining charity and business is a good opportunity – “structuring a deal.”

Nel trying to stress that it’s partly paid charity work.

N: OP had to attend a function, renumerated with 20k which he could give to a charity?

VZ: He initiated it, to donate the money

Judge asking about which document they are on now. Nel got number wrong and says sorry.

So the file was compiled by someone other than VZ - any guess who did it - DT perhaps? :) Possibly overkill on both sides of the trial.

Why does milady continually have this problem with page numbers? She's not exactly on the ball, is she.

Oscar looking bored....sighing

Lol, Nel: Let me interrupt myself...

What's coming across quite clearly is Van Zyl will do and say anything to paint OP in a positive light. He hasn't got an 'off switch' when it comes to bigging up his clients. And at the root of that is Van Zyl's determination to keep himself in business!

Twenty thousand rand .. that's only £1,125 pounds sterling ... big flippin deal!

VZ reading a para about OP wanting to keep the 20k donation private, and says there were other times too.

N: You regard that as his own money?

Back and forth between witness and Nel about if this really counts as OP making donation from own funds or not.

My view: Charity is also publicity. Charity can be a publicity stunt. Charity as an industry can be as corrupt or as capitalist as any other industry. Charity is a huge industry. There are corruption index on charities of their profits, effectiveness and accounting. Celebrity charity and sport's driven charity is not the highest and least corrupt on those research studies.

I'm not convinced that continuing this line of questioning for so long is productive.

He could achieve the outcome he wants by simply asking Van Zyl, isn't all this charity work part of OP's agenda to build his brand name?

Cruella! stop with the fanning yourself ...tis very distracting!

She appears very nervous, very fidgety!
Not a good way to be when about to be questioned on the stand and cross examined!!!!!
It's 1:30am here in Seattle though...gotta go to bed! This is going on too long! I can't wait up any longer rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
:tantrum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member