NJ - Jennifer Londono, 31, slain, dismembered, Englewood, 25 June 2017 *Arrest*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
tattoo.jpg

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The NYPD wants your help identifying a woman whose decapitated and dismembered body was found floating in the water near Gowanus Bay and Buttermilk Channel in Brooklyn.
Police pulled the body from the water and found it was a woman’s torso. The head, arms, and legs below the knees had all been removed.

Police divers have returned to the area to search for additional body parts.
Police have released an image of a Sanskrit tattoo found on the woman’s body in the hope that it will help identify her.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/06/28/body-found-in-gowanus-bay/

Oh no, LISK??

there is another dismembered in Brooklyn 2015 Ill try to find

Surely someone in the NYPD knows how to translate that, yes? Seems like it would go a long way toward helping to identify this victim. Sanskrit tattoos have become very trendy over the years, especially with the yoga craze, so it's probably not helpful to make cultural, religious, or nationality assumptions based on this (not that anyone has so far).
I did some research and it's not a popular "new age enlightenment" type saying, whatever it is. The '3T" sections stand for "a" letter/singular but I've come up empty puzzling the rest out, particularly since I think the first two characters of the tattoo may be stylized to some degree and therefore harder to match using language books (or I'm not looking in the right places).

Surely someone in the NYPD knows how to translate that, yes? Seems like it would go a long way toward helping to identify this victim. Sanskrit tattoos have become very trendy over the years, especially with the yoga craze, so it's probably not helpful to make cultural, religious, or nationality assumptions based on this (not that anyone has so far).
I did some research and it's not a popular "new age enlightenment" type saying, whatever it is. The '3T" sections stand for "a" letter/singular but I've come up empty puzzling the rest out, particularly since I think the first two characters of the tattoo may be stylized to some degree and therefore harder to match using language books (or I'm not looking in the right places).

I wonder if it could be someone's name translated into Sanskrit?

I did some of my own research on the Sanskrit alphabet to try to read the tattoo-- I think the tattoo is primarily a stylized "fake" Sanskrit tattoo. I was able to identify only two letters-- the letters that look like 3-T are "a" in Sanskrit. I wasn't able to identify the first two letter though, which appear to be the same. So I don't think the tattoo has any cultural significance for that reason, along with the fact it's surrounded by other star tattoos.

I've read about dismembered female bodies popping up in the city over the past year, a lot found floating in canals and rivers. I think it's easy to pin found female decedents in NYC/LI on LISK and a part of us almost wants his "work" to make an appearance again, but I'm going to argue this probably isn't his work and more likely gang related. Being chopped up and thrown in the water is a common way gangs dispose of their victims' bodies; if the body is chopped up, and the remains are scattered in various bodies of water, obviously it makes it harder to tie all the pieces together (no pun intended). It's organised in the sense it took some logic, but not organised in the way a truly organised, seasoned serial killer operates. Also the fact her torso was found in Gowanus makes me think it's even less likely LISK. No skilled murderer would be stupid enough to dump their victim in Gowanus.

I live in NYC now, and grew up within minutes of Gilgo Beach. I can tell you from firsthand account of seeing the environment in which the LISK bodies were dumped that it's EXTREMELY easy to conceal a body in the brush down there. And at night, there is absolutely no one on the highway, and when you do see someone on the highway at night it's always unsettling. There's brush, marsh, and reeds everywhere, and no one wants to go in them. People don't usually go poking around those areas which basically made it an ideal situation for LISK. But since the cat's out of the bag and everyone knows LISK's preferred dumping grounds, he probably knows better than to go dumping there again, or even around Jones Beach.

What I wonder now is, if he is still active and in the NYC/LI area, which I don't doubt, where's his new dumping ground? Basically any beach along the south shore is game, especially far enough out east where it gets really rural and desolate. LISK is definitely someone who either lived on Long Island when the murders occurred, grew up there, or worked there. I mean, even if I were an out of towner looking to dump a body, I'd say Gilgo Beach is a pretty good spot. That's fairly obvious. But the fact that those limbs were found in Manorville and then linked to remains on Gilgo Beach just drives home the fact he knows Long Island well. I wonder if perhaps he lives in New York City and does his dirty work on Long Island, having been a previous resident who knows the area well.

The 3-T symbol is the vowel a. Unfortunately that's about as far as my sanskrit knowledge goes. :(

While I don't think this is related to the Gilgo Beach girls, could be related to the Manorville Butcher. Then again, I thought the same about Leondra Foster (I think that was her name?), the woman who was dismembered last year in the Bronx by Somorie Moses. I'm 50/50 on whether or not it's connected to LI.

First symbol is LA, then again LA. I can't figure out symbol between two 3-T (between two A).

While I don't think this is related to the Gilgo Beach girls, could be related to the Manorville Butcher. Then again, I thought the same about Leondra Foster (I think that was her name?), the woman who was dismembered last year in the Bronx by Somorie Moses. I'm 50/50 on whether or not it's connected to LI.

Its really worrying to see another dismemberment case in NYC. There have been huge amount over the years and done by many different people (cases we know which were solved and perps prosecuted). Is one person responsible for all those unsolved? Probably not. I have no doubt though that there are few perps still out there that have done more than one dismemberment.

Yes, her name was Leondra Foster. Mother of one.

Bizzarly and worryingly I have noticed trend for NY to be place of dismemberment and I have noticed Maryland (especially Baltimore) to be place for mainly charred/burned remains. Really weird and unsettling.

Interesting, and she does match the skin tone of the victim.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back