Onslow County's Grand Jury Investigation And Decision

Hudson said he wanted to obtain an indictment against Laurean to bolster his extradition case with the Mexican authorities if Laurean is captured in that country. An indictment would allow him to lay out the entire case against Laurean, including physical evidence and witnesses, he said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2347267/

Robbery with a dangerous weapon??? Can this mean that he forced her to use the ATM, or went to her home and made her write the note?

Robbery with a dangerous weapon??? Can this mean that he forced her to use the ATM, or went to her home and made her write the note?[/QUOTE

That's exactly what I thought of when I heard that charge. I have always suspected that Maria was abducted or coerced into going to his house, etc.

Per request, I am reposting a post here. Sorry it took so long SS, I just saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
So Hudson thinks the GJ will convene and have a decision in 3 hours?! I wish they would give their speed secrets to the GJ in IL hearing the case of Stacy Peterson! I don't understand how Hudson can possibly know ahead of time when to call a presser. Interesting.

Somewhere and I don't remember where, I read that the Grand Jury was being called back for a special session Thursday. Does that mean they've been meeting prior and are simply ready to hand down an indictment? And have they been considering an indictment for just CL or CL and others?

Oh my gosh the robbery with the deadly weapon thing really threw me for a loop..I wonder what all they REALLY know... :confused:

Robbery with a dangerous weapon??? Can this mean that he forced her to use the ATM, or went to her home and made her write the note?
The robbery indictment relates to an allegation that Laurean robbed Lauterbach of her ATM card and cash.

Robbery with a dangerous weapon??? Can this mean that he forced her to use the ATM, or went to her home and made her write the note?[/QUOTE

That's exactly what I thought of when I heard that charge. I have always suspected that Maria was abducted or coerced into going to his house, etc.

I wonder what evidence they have for the robbery charge? Yay, pile on the charges.

Coerced into going to his house - there probably would have been a kidnapping charge if they had evidence of that.

I just wonder how he ended up at the ATM with her to begin with? And why did he want her money? :confused:

would fraud charge be impersonating her to buy a bus ticket, or write a note under her name? I'm unclear what the fraud charge would be.

Like I said before LE will only tell us what they want us to know..little by little we are finding out that we don't know the half of it.

I just wonder how he ended up at the ATM with her to begin with? And why did he want her money? :confused:

I haven't seen anything re timelines, as to what time he got off work that day. Has anyone else? It would help in trying to determine whether they were together before the ATM transaction, or whether they met at the bank, etc.

I haven't seen anything re timelines, as to what time he got off work that day. Has anyone else? It would help in trying to determine whether they were together before the ATM transaction, or whether they met at the bank, etc.
It was mentioned that he left at noon. Also, if it was a minimum day for both of them they may have met up earlier somewhere, then to the ATM???

My guess if he was with her at the BofA ATM, they went from there and she purchased the bus ticket with some of the money.

I wonder what evidence they have for the robbery charge? Yay, pile on the charges.

On Christmas Eve, 10 days after authorities believe Lauterbach was killed, a male removed cash from the Marine Federal Credit Union automatic teller machine in the Bojangles parking lot at Gum Branch Road and Western Boulevard - 3.28 miles from Laurean's home.

Sutherland said the Sheriff's Department is sure that the person was Laurean and the charges of bank card theft and obtaining property by false pretense stem from the Dec. 24 withdrawal.

http://www.enctoday.com/news/laurean_54537_jdn__article.html/lauterbach_sutherland.html

Wow! In the interview I heard later...I must have been confused about what Hudson said. I could have sworn I heard him say that it was because of the use of a "weapon" that they termed it like (his words not mine) an "armed robbery". I took this to mean the crowbar and him killing her...then using her ATM later. Now I see that might not be the case since Suzi posted this:

Hudson said the grand jury also charged Laurean with robbery with a dangerous weapon and a charge involving an unauthorized financial transaction involving card theft. The indictment states Laurean forced Lauterbach to remove money from her bank account Dec. 14, the same day authorities believe he killed her.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325188,00.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back