Disposal of Naveah's body: Theories

thats a good size supermarket, not a convenience store. i wonder if they sell single cans of beer.

That all sound too easy. I mean for someone to be stupid enough to leave that kind of evidence at the scene. It could very well have come from another fisherman that came there prior to the body being found. However, you never know!

why would they bury it. of course i am thinking like its a fresh empty can, could be a squashed flattened out old one that was just part of the dirt used. or used to scrap the ground to mke the hole.

why would they bury it. of course i am thinking like its a fresh empty can, could be a squashed flattened out old one that was just part of the dirt used. or used to scrap the ground to mke the hole.

Whoops! I didn't know it it was buried with her.

yep, thats the mystery.
going to bed, seeya, nice talking to you.
k

Personally, I think she was killed somewhere else. But there is the very real possibility that she was killed at the disposal Location. I would think though that if she was alive when transported to the location along the rivers edge, there would have been a much greater chance that someone would have seen them.

Initially it was reported Nevaeh's hair was found at disposal site. For some reason this conjures up in my mind a struggle there at the scene although not necessarily. Also, it could be that what appears to be an "amateurish" burial was instead an "I'll never get caught" cockiness, "feeling right at home" comfort level, "feeling no pain" courage from a bottle, and a cavalier "devil may care" kind of sloppiness that comes from overconfidence, all rolled into one. I believe it was someone who, in addition to a heart and a brain, lacked resources, who like many parolees or offenders lacks any private housing or anywhere to conceal a body (much less a child) even for a brief time ie perhaps lacked even their own transportation and thus had very limited options when it came to logistics. Who saw what he felt was an opportunity and then hastily took her where he felt most at ease but clearly never bothered to think any of this through. Since GK's the one who had to borrow RS's van, no wonder LE's got the two locked up until the autopsy's been completed. Was the van released, or taken into evidence? :prayer:

:parrot:

Initially it was reported Nevaeh's hair was found at the scene. For some reason this conjures up in my mind a struggle there at the scene although not necessarily. Also, it could be that what appears to be an "amateurish" burial was instead an "I'll never get caught" cockiness, "feeling right at home" comfort level, "feeling no pain" courage from a bottle, and a cavalier "devil may care" kind of sloppiness that comes from overconfidence, all rolled into one. I believe it was someone who, in addition to a heart and a brain, lacked resources, who like many parolees or offenders lacks any private housing or anywhere to conceal a body (much less a child) even for a brief time ie perhaps lacked even their own transportation thus had very limited options when it came to logistics. Who saw what he felt was an opportunity and then hastily took her where he felt most at ease but clearly never bothered to think any of this through. Since GK's the one who had to borrow RS's van, no wonder LE's got the two locked up until the autopsy's been completed. Was the van released, or taken into evidence? :prayer:

Hi Kiki - I think you're spot on. And if GK and RS did this - what a couple of yahoo's. I sure am glad they're both locked up. It just boggles my mind how this crime was committed and the evidence left behind (if it turns out the beer can belonged to the perp). I am also interested in the van and if LE confiscated it. Gosh, so many questions, so few answers.

Best,

Mel

Initially it was reported Nevaeh's hair was found at the scene. For some reason this conjures up in my mind a struggle there at the scene although not necessarily. Also, it could be that what appears to be an "amateurish" burial was instead an "I'll never get caught" cockiness, "feeling right at home" comfort level, "feeling no pain" courage from a bottle, and a cavalier "devil may care" kind of sloppiness that comes from overconfidence, all rolled into one. I believe it was someone who, in addition to a heart and a brain, lacked resources, who like many parolees or offenders lacks any private housing or anywhere to conceal a body (much less a child) even for a brief time ie perhaps lacked even their own transportation thus had very limited options when it came to logistics. Who saw what he felt was an opportunity and then hastily took her where he felt most at ease but clearly never bothered to think any of this through. Since GK's the one who had to borrow RS's van, no wonder LE's got the two locked up until the autopsy's been completed. Was the van released, or taken into evidence? :prayer:

Kiki, did JB have a vehicle? Sorry to ask. I have been here for a while on too much at times, and had to walk away a few. Not because of anyone here but it's just too horrific for me. I would like to know if she did or had access to one to a vehicle. Back to reading. Thanks.

That's a good point...Unless like I stated before, that they wanted the body to be found.

Hi White Hawk.

There is a news video with the male reporter on site at the river. They pan on a shot from the top, looking straight down the well worn path, across the small landing at rivers edge and you can see the river beyond.

There on that ledge positioned quite close to the edge of the water is a white rectangular form that lies parallel to the river. I think that is where her body was concreted in.

It is right there, out in the open with not even a hint at anything being done to disguise it that I can see. I know the man who found her said he kicked at dirt, so the perp might have thrown some dirt around to make it look a bit weathered or more natural.

I seem to think he didn't give a hoot if it was found or not. It was all his doing, all about him and his pleasure. It could be one of the more beautiful spots on the river at the apex of the bold turn it makes there. It was maybe a culmination of his dreams about such a crime that led him to that spot he most likely knew so well.

Usually SO's who kill children don't hide their bodies. They dump them in fields, or next to roads. Familial killings do take care with hiding the body as they don't want to get caught.

Maybe this was a cross over between the 2. He knew her, lusted after and dreamed about her but had no emotional tie to her. After all he buried her face down. I don't think he ever thought she would be discovered so quickly and never thought he might ever be caught.

I think that is why the Sheriff said this perp was such a dangerous person. I think the Sheriff will win over this perp and bring him to Justice. xox

I'm looking for the description of the steep incline and the description of the disposal location. Can anyone direct me?

You'll see it in this video

I know there isn't anything funny about this crime but I had to laugh at the old lady behind the grandmother while she's interviewed. The old lady keeps trying to get her mug in the shot so she'll be on TV. :rolleyes:

ITA and I'm thinking that she may have been buried in the sallow grave with the intention of possibly moving her to a better location. Maybe after a day or two of thinking "what to do?" the perp decided to just leave the body where it was and cover it with cement.
I don't believe Navaeh's grave was covered with the cement at the time she was buried. I think it was a day or two after she was buried.

I think the a-hole who did this was planning to come back and do another layer but was prevented somehow from doing that. If it was GK he was arrested too soon to come back. JMO

I believe the Busch beer can is VERY critical, and has caused me to think George K. may actually NOT be involved. I am sure LE has DNA from the beer car by now. If it matched ANYONE currently in the picture, we would be hearing about an arrest.

The DNA may have been too degraded by the concrete to get anything usable.

I think the Quik-rete might have been taken down the slope before Nevaeh's body was, and possibly before she was taken...or given. The weather conditions were good and dry for that whole week. Looks like there were lots of places to hide things in the area. I think the concrete could have been stashed there already and may even have been hidden there after it was stolen for a different reason.

Feel free to pick that apart, I'm just still having a really hard time picturing someone taking the body and concrete down at the same time. And I can't see them making two trips back to a vehicle unless it was a boat.

I think both were in the car at the same time and brought down separately. I also think this was done in the middle of the night.

In response to Momtective's initial post:
I think it's possible dogs could still detect a scent in the cooler. I know I can still smell the nauseous odor of rotten filet mignon that was left in a small fridge that was not plugged back in after being moved. That was 5 YEARS ago!

We've used every kind of cleaner there is, even pure bleach and it still stinks. It's been banned to the storage shed. I don't know about the hard interior surfaces of a cooler but I think the stench soaked into the softer door seal of our fridge.
The hubby keeps hoping it'll air out but I just want it gone!

Reminds me of the smelly car Seinfeld episode.

thats a good size supermarket, not a convenience store. i wonder if they sell single cans of beer.

In Rochester I don't know of a single place that sells only one can of beer. It's only six packs or more.

Remember, the body was not encased in concrete, just covered. Dogs should have been able to find the body fairly easy.

If this was a spontaneous dump, then digging a hole usually entails more work than someone would think at first. This would suggest imo that the cement came as an afterthought to further conceal.
I find it perplexing though that LE says no visual trauma. That being the case, why not just do a river dump? At least that had the possibility of being a wandered away and accidental drowning incident.
This screams sloppy, to the point of wanting her to be discovered, iow, someone wanted to boast, but doesn't have as much experience or boldness at this point in time.
moo

ETA; the hole was not dug, it was already there, from what the fisherman said, link in next post.
I'd like to delete this post, but it's already been quoted.
So I'll add thoughts instead.

There were stones placed perhaps as markers. She may have been buried alive. No hole was dug, but cement was used to cover her over, instead of using dirt, or rocks. Why cement?
She apparently was fully dressed, like SC, perhaps buried alive like JL.
Theory; an SO did his deed either there or somewhere else. My opinion, she was alive when she got to that site. Marker stones, he wanted to come back and relive it.
Why cement? He thought it would protect the crime from being discovered, he thought it would be effective in covering up the odor, perhaps. I don't know how well this specific site is known or used by fishermen. It seems he either was lazy and knew the hole was there, so he didn't have to dig one, or he wanted to remember exactly where she was, and a more secluded spot could also have been a place he might not be able to find again.
ok, too sick for me to keep thinking about it.

Hi White Hawk.

There is a news video with the male reporter on site at the river. They pan on a shot from the top, looking straight down the well worn path, across the small landing at rivers edge and you can see the river beyond.

There on that ledge positioned quite close to the edge of the water is a white rectangular form that lies parallel to the river. I think that is where her body was concreted in.

It is right there, out in the open with not even a hint at anything being done to disguise it that I can see. I know the man who found her said he kicked at dirt, so the perp might have thrown some dirt around to make it look a bit weathered or more natural.

I seem to think he didn't give a hoot if it was found or not. It was all his doing, all about him and his pleasure. It could be one of the more beautiful spots on the river at the apex of the bold turn it makes there. It was maybe a culmination of his dreams about such a crime that led him to that spot he most likely knew so well.

Usually SO's who kill children don't hide their bodies. They dump them in fields, or next to roads. Familial killings do take care with hiding the body as they don't want to get caught.

Maybe this was a cross over between the 2. He knew her, lusted after and dreamed about her but had no emotional tie to her. After all he buried her face down. I don't think he ever thought she would be discovered so quickly and never thought he might ever be caught.

I think that is why the Sheriff said this perp was such a dangerous person. I think the Sheriff will win over this perp and bring him to Justice. xox

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090605/NEWS01/706059984/-1/NEVAEH

If this was a spontaneous dump, then digging a hole usually entails more work than someone would think at first. This would suggest imo that the cement came as an afterthought to further conceal.
I find it perplexing though that LE says no visual trauma. That being the case, why not just do a river dump? At least that had the possibility of being a wandered away and accidental drowning incident.
This screams sloppy, to the point of wanting her to be discovered, iow, someone wanted to boast, but doesn't have as much experience or boldness at this point in time.
moo

:waitasec:

Interesting sleuthing. :cool:

video and Images of crime scene posted by Angel on forensic astrology forum

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84593&page=7

crime scene video
http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19673153/index.html

Well it looks like it is not easy to dig there, hard soil, rocks, bushes, thick undergrowth, roots, definitely not sandy

The site seems to be close to the road

So the perp obviously had time in his hands. I doubt the grave was dug before the murder.

I suggest that the shallow grave was dug in the early morning hours, since no one saw the perp, at night it would be too dark, which leads me to believe she was killed somewhere else.

I think if the perp had a boat, he would have dumped the body in the river.

The cooler used by fisherman? To dispose the body makes sense, I just watched forensic files and there was an episode where the perp kept his victim in a cooler /ice for two years with no problem!

OK. Adding this post to this particular thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotsEyes

If he is a local and fished there, then he would know how popular it is and would never hide his victim there. He may have fished there once, but thought it was a secret spot that no one knew about. More likely it was a hangout for teens to have bonfires by the river. I know that is where we would have been when I was younger.

per concentric:

We are in agreement on our intuitive thought regarding this location: if he knew it was a fishing area, doubtful he would have placed the body there. However, you add an element that no one has proposed yet, something that may have drawn him to that particular spot: the idea of it being a long-since abandoned nighttime hangout when he was younger--the beer can?

Added in: Reminds me of the movie: "River's Edge" -- 1986. Could this possibly be a clue as to the perp's age?

My post from yesterday:

I'm tending to agree with the person who is local and posted here that the perpetrator knew the area and the place where the body was found was simply an accessible area. It was clear of brush, where he could get down an embankment quickly to hide the body from eyeshot of the road or someone in a boat on the river. If he knew it was frequented by fishermen on the bank--he wouldn't risk discovery.

Initially it was reported Nevaeh's hair was found at the scene. For some reason this conjures up in my mind a struggle there at the scene :prayer:

I know, that clump of hair is also very disturbing evidence. Did he grab her by the hair down at the river's edge or did he drag her by her hair down there? Was she alive or dead at that point? The hair follicles will tell.

I feel bad even thinking about what may have happened, but am compelled to nonetheless.

I know, that clump of hair is also very disturbing evidence. Did he grab her by the hair down at the river's edge or did he drag her by her hair down there? Was she alive or dead at that point? The hair follicles will tell.

I feel bad even thinking about what may have happened, but am compelled to nonetheless.

I read a post last night in another forum speculating that she may have been alive when put in the hole based on the body position (they said fetal position, face down). I really hope that is not true. I had speculated that the hair was stuck under something while moving the body and that is where the clump came from.

There are any number of scenarios that could have happened, I agree. Thinking about what you said, that her hair could have been stuck under something. Perp could have even held her down by her hair with his foot while readying the burial site.

not to be sick and disgusting but the perp could also have yanked her down the hill by her hair. It takes quite a bit of force to rip a clump of hair out of a head. The other possibility is dragging.

Thoughts on George Kennedy and/or Roy Lee Smith: if it was either one of these RSOs who did this.. I don't think LE would be so quick to rush an arrest since they are both safely incarcerated right now. I wonder if there were tools (like a shovel) kept in Roy Smith's van???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back