ID ID - Lewiston Civic Theater Murders / 5 Related Cases

Mint Hill is very close to Charlotte, NC. I didn't find anything on Mint Hill's PD site regarding missing people or unsolved homicides. If the POI was continuting to kill I would imagine he would go to Charlotte considering Mint HIll is such a small town.

Here is a link to Charlotte's Missing Persons linked on the PD. I am sure there are tons more than this. I looked through the unsolved homicides in the area and saw nothing that seemed like a good match, at least in my opinion.
http://www.charmeck.org/Departments...l+Victims/Missing+Persons/Missing+Gallery.htm

These two cases are interesting. Alison Foy and Angela Rothen did not know eachother yet their bodies were found in the same place. Angela had disappeared 18 months before Alison. Both had murdered presumably by the same person. Their bodies were found about 4 hours from Mint Hill, NC.
http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/4963943/

Lisa Hohman, 2005 - 16 yrs old found murdered in Maxton, NC (1.5 hours from Mint Hill)
http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/3031362/

how unbelievably creepy! I work and live in Charlotte and drive through some of mint hill to get to work :( i'll ask around and see if i can find out where the mint hill missing persons are!

Of course it comes as no surprise the main POI showed up to his first LE interview concerning the missing trio with a bandaged right hand saying he had 'fallen' while working on stage rigging that night at the Theater.
friends at that hour so its highly doubtful they were going there anyway.

I'm afraid to ask if LE took a photo or anything to document the poi's hand injury. By the way, when did he injure himself? Would that have been before 10pm, or after 4am - since supposedly he was asleep for those six hours? And if he was there at the theater awake until 10pm, how did he miss seeing Steven Pearsall? (And btw, was there ever a worse alibi than, "I was taking a nap by myself in a theater for six hours...")

Can the neighbor of the girls (the one who swung the golf club) identify the poi as the person who tried to break in?

Oh, of course I have more questions. On the night of the Pearsall (sp?) disappearance and the murder of the two girls - what was the poi doing in the theater. It said he'd been there, left to eat, and then came back. Was there a rehearsal, or was he working there or what?

Also - he has found the bodies of two dead girls himself? One of whom was an apparent suicide? Does anyone have info on the suicide. Does it sound like it really was suicide? How instrumental was he in finding Davis' body?

Editing my last post. Still with the questions. After looking at the Yuku site I have addl ?'s. Has LE released anything about what they feel is the cause of death in any of the cases where remains were found? Davis' remains were apparently dismembered? What about the two girls found together, any dismemberment there?

Can anyone give me approx dates that the POI lived in various cities and states, preferably going all the way back to California if that's where he lived first. Anything along those lines would be helpful. Also, how old is this guy?

I understand that the POI is a parent or a step-parent? Maybe he's been the boyfriend of other women with children in the past. Has LE checked with social services in all of the jurisdictions where he's lived to see if there have been any reports made to CPS regarding him? When I worked for CPS I found that people frequently abuse members of their own family in addition to committing criminal acts against others. There was overlap in the area of sex crimes. Frequently, abuse in the home isn't prosecuted criminally though, so you have to check with social services. LE would be the only entity that could make that inquiry and get that info.

Ok, so more questions still. In addition to those I've already posted. What kind of car did the poi have during the time that the two girls and Steven disappeared? One wonders how the poi pulled all of that off unless the crime scene was at the theater and then remains were taken and dumped (with maybe Pearsall's being left at the theater). Since they both apparently worked there, did Steven Pearsall know the poi? What was their relationship? Were they friends? For that matter, was the poi friends with Nelson or Davis due to perhaps interfacing at the theater? The places where remains have been found in these cases, how far are they from an actual roadway?

I was grieved last night to learn the identity from crecentcrow of the young woman who the 'Main Suspect' "discovered" dead from an apparent suicide with a dragon figurine clutched in her hand that he apparently admitted giving her.
Her name was Claudette Voliva.

Very unique name. If she is deceased, I wonder why she is not listed in the Social Security Death Index database.

Very unique name. If she is deceased, I wonder why she is not listed in the Social Security Death Index database.

Wondering if Voliva is perhaps a maiden name. If she'd been married only recently and her marriage broke up, that might leave her alone and vulnerable. Friends frequently take a little while to start referring to their friends married last names after a marriage, so her friends may have still called her Voliva. Just some thoughts.

There is a web site that covers this case in detail including NAMING THE PRIME SUSPECT (something I'm a little uncomfortable with)
http://missing87975.yuku.com/forums/73/t/Lewis-Clark-Valley-Serial-Killer.html?page=2

I was aware that there was a prime suspect who worked at the CivicTheater and had some sort of ties to the Christina White. Posters on the above site claim that this suspect also was involved in finding the body of Kristin Davis and had a prior arrest in Calif for breaking into a mortuary to "gain access to" the body of a young girl. In addition, Kline mentions an incident with a real estate agent in post #16 above.

If these are all true, it looks enough of a cicumstantial case to get a conviction.

To sit on the suspects name for 30 years certainly did not bring in any leads. The suspect did work as a technical director at the Lewiston Civic Theater. The arrest record from 1972 is public record. There were encounters with people that were strange to say the very least.

Claudette that is mention did commit suicide. This has been verifed by a family member.

Unfortunatly until the Steven Pearsall's body is found the DA will probably willl not pursue criminal charges.

The purpose of giving the suspects name is also to bring public awarness. This might prevent another family grief. Another reason is perhaps it would jog someone's memory and that might help find the remains of Christina White and Steven Pearsall. As Kline said in his post we did do searches in the Kendrick, Idaho area and the Asotin, Washington area. These areas are vast, the terrain is very rough and it is almost overwhelming. I do believe that Steven Pearsall is out there in the Kendrick area, the suspect was pressed for time. By my estimation he would have had roughly 3 hours to dispose of the bodies.

Oh, of course I have more questions. On the night of the Pearsall (sp?) disappearance and the murder of the two girls - what was the poi doing in the theater. It said he'd been there, left to eat, and then came back. Was there a rehearsal, or was he working there or what?

Also - he has found the bodies of two dead girls himself? One of whom was an apparent suicide? Does anyone have info on the suicide. Does it sound like it really was suicide? How instrumental was he in finding Davis' body?

Editing my last post. Still with the questions. After looking at the Yuku site I have addl ?'s. Has LE released anything about what they feel is the cause of death in any of the cases where remains were found? Davis' remains were apparently dismembered? What about the two girls found together, any dismemberment there?

Can anyone give me approx dates that the POI lived in various cities and states, preferably going all the way back to California if that's where he lived first. Anything along those lines would be helpful. Also, how old is this guy?

I understand that the POI is a parent or a step-parent? Maybe he's been the boyfriend of other women with children in the past. Has LE checked with social services in all of the jurisdictions where he's lived to see if there have been any reports made to CPS regarding him? When I worked for CPS I found that people frequently abuse members of their own family in addition to committing criminal acts against others. There was overlap in the area of sex crimes. Frequently, abuse in the home isn't prosecuted criminally though, so you have to check with social services. LE would be the only entity that could make that inquiry and get that info.

Steven Pearsall had been working on a set that day with the suspect. Steven was pick up by his girlfriend around 7pm to attend a party for a co worker that was leaving. The suspect went to Red Baron Pizza and returned to the theater around 11pm. He fell asleep around 11:30pm and did not hear Steven return to the theater. I have been in that theater and I do find that rather hard to believe.

The suspect was on the boat that found Kirsten David's remains. No information has been released as to her cause of death. She was dismembered and her remains dumped into the Snake River.

My cousin Kristina Nelson and her step-sister Jacquelyn "Brandy" Miller were found by a boy collecting cans. Brandy died by strangulation, I have not been told Kristina's cause of death.

The suspect at the time of their murders was 35 years old. He is now 61 years old. He lived in California in the early 70's.

According to most "official" reports, Christina White "disappeared" from a local fair but various forum posters report that she was actually on her way home and was last seen at the home of her "best friend" (was not home). Her best friends' mother's boyfriend was the "Suspect" at the Civic Theater. (one poster reports that this "Suspect" was the last one to see her, but other posters claim it was the best friends's brother) Can anyone verify or elaborate on this?

She was last seen at 503 2nd St., Asotin, Wa.
This was the home where she called her mother from.
Her mother went to pick her up 20 minutes after Chris called her
at a point just up the street from the 2nd Street address.
Chris was NOT there and she has never been seen alive again.

This information is correct according to the Asotin County Sheriff Department.

Could these be connected to LV? The bodies were located less than an hour east of MH, NC and Gastonia, where they went missing from, is even closer. Anyone know LV's delivery route? I don't know what's up with the bf in this case, but I thought I would bring it up because it seems there are other missing women from Gastonia. Pretty and petite women.
video and article at link...
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Murdered-Gastonia-Woman-Knew-Other-Victim-70411687.html

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Murdered-Girls-70303587.html
Just outside the gate to the park sits the Bear's Den, a small, dimly-lit bar where locals gather to talk over the day. On this day the talk is all about the two killings.

One patron looked up from his drink to say, "I'm worried for all the small girls. That's who they seem to be hitting on, and like you said, it might be a serial killer."

Anyone who thinks they might know something about the murder of either woman is asked to call the York County Sheriff's Office at 803-628-3059 or CrimeStoppers at 877-409-4321.
BBM

More info on both women and other missing women from the area can be found here...
SC- Unidentified female body found 11/15 - age 13-20 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and here...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91049&highlight=heather+marie+catterton

Could these be connected to LV? The bodies were located less than an hour east of MH, NC and Gastonia, where they went missing from, is even closer. Anyone know LV's delivery route? I don't know what's up with the bf in this case, but I thought I would bring it up because it seems there are other missing women from Gastonia. Pretty and petite women.
video and article at link...
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Murdered-Gastonia-Woman-Knew-Other-Victim-70411687.html

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Murdered-Girls-70303587.html

Just outside the gate to the park sits the Bear's Den, a small, dimly-lit bar where locals gather to talk over the day. On this day the talk is all about the two killings.

One patron looked up from his drink to say, "I'm worried for all the small girls. That's who they seem to be hitting on, and like you said, it might be a serial killer."
Anyone who thinks they might know something about the murder of either woman is asked to call the York County Sheriff's Office at 803-628-3059 or CrimeStoppers at 877-409-4321.

More info on both women and other missing women from the area can be found here...
SC- Unidentified female body found 11/15 - age 13-20 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and here...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91049&highlight=heather+marie+catterton

BBM

My mistake! I meant to say the bodies were located less than an hour WEST of Mint Hill in York County, SC. NOT east. Sorry!

Also, they were from Gastonia, which is in NC about 45 minutesWEST of MH, NC. Am I correct that some of the victims in the Lewis-Clark case were taken across state lines? Not that it means anything, I just thought it would be an interesting similarity. Is anyone out there?

I'll tell you what, this really does look so familiar - like the Idaho cases - in terms of the different jurisdictions. And there are four other young women missing from Gastonia. I'm going to do some research on the rest of NC and see what's up with that, and if anything looks similar.

Does anyone know how long ago the POI in this case moved to NC?

Well.... as long as I'm asking questions on a thread no one seems to be reading, I've got another couple ;)

How far was Kristen Davis' body found from the last place she was seen/known to be. #2 -Around what year did the POI move to NC? Thanks!

I'll check back here later to see if anyone has updated in response.

Another thing. I hate to hold onto this but I REALLY need a COD in the case with Ms. Voliva if anyone can get it. It is just too bizarre to me that a guy finds a body in one case, is the last person to see a child before she vanishes in another case, and then (finds?) another young lady who has "committed suicide" and who coincidentally is clutching a unicorn figurine in her hand that was given to her by him. I have to think there is something weird with the suicide.

I don't know much about her, hope. All I know about her is the information that was provided in posts by kline but those have since been removed. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back