Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #12

Yeah but he kind of got sidetracked with whole Muslim extremist thing and going to Russia for training thing didn't he?

I believe I read somewhere that he gave up boxing because it was against Muslim beliefs. I could be wrong, but I do believe I saw that.

BBM 1: Yep, he did.

BBM 2: I not only read that, I saw it on NBC.

I have a question: when is DT scheduled to have his next hearing? And what is the next step in the procedure (before a trial starts)?

I have a question: when is DT scheduled to have his next hearing? And what is the next step in the procedure (before a trial starts)?
DId you hear his call to his mom -- it was hard to hear but I really wanted to hear what he sounded like but it was neat link earlier in thread

DId you hear his call to his mom -- it was hard to hear but I really wanted to hear what he sounded like but it was neat link earlier in thread

Yes I listened to it. Thank you!

Do you know what is happening regarding his trial?

Yes I listened to it. Thank you!

Do you know what is happening regarding his trial?
DId you get a sense of him, I do not know why on earth I expected (hoped) he would speak english!

Have not heard anything and think unless you are 22 now we will all be deceased before the ruckus ends.

Shoot, dealing with Miranda rights deal is IMO a good 4 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of the domestic violence arrest:

July 28, 2009

Tsarnaev is arrested, accused of domestic abuse and battery after allegedly assaulting his girlfriend, according to Cambridge Police Department records.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/21/us/tamerlan-tsarnaev-timeline?c=&page=0
Thank you, but see how it works in America is you can be arrested for breathing! But in a court of law in the US it means until you convicted by a jury of your peers you are not guilty of a thing.

That is one of the fundemental rights in the UNited States since its beginning.

Pretty sure the case just faded away and nothing in a court of law was determined.

Very important, innocent until proven guilty -- that is the AMerican way.
No conviction it is alledged, accused of, thought to be guilt of etc.

Its the American system....... one of those freedoms we have discussed....

He was thrown out (boxing) for not being American, there was not a mention of DV as it relates to boxing. Deportation and being in the boxing thing are different enties.

The boxing was yanked out from under him cause he was not American (sounds like different water fountains to me IMO):

As the New York Times explains :but in 2010 the rules for entry changed, and legal permanent residents, including Tsarnaev, who had been born in Soviet Russia, were disallowed

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journa...s-Excuses-Tsarnaev-By-Citing-Boxing-Rejection,

NOthing about Dv accusation and alledged crime as it relates to boxing. I know it is a very fine distinction , but crucial in that in AMerica discrimination is not the American way. In AMerica we do not discriminate right? . If that is not discrimination I am clueless........

"legal permanent resident" sounds pretty in the system IMO...

"

Never heard that interesting can you throw up the link for us

But by 2009, Tamerlan's life abruptly changed course. He told his parents that "the Koran prohibits beating people in the face." He grew a beard, began to pray more than five times a day, dropped out of college and gave up stylish leather pants for sweat pants. He argued with friends over politics, picked a fight at a pizza parlor, shouted at speakers at a mosque.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-boston-suspects-20130428-dto,0,15030.htmlstory

Mr. Tsarnaev portrayed his quitting as a reflection of the sport’s incompatibility with his growing devotion to Islam.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/u...-tamerlan-tsarnaev-reeled.html?pagewanted=all

I keep trying to figure out how someone does not know how a human was killed two weeks later. I try to come up with a reason, but cant -----------can you help me?

Who said they do not know. Maybe they just are not saying anything yet.

I don't get that either. And the one officer texts the FBI agent that the suspect is getting agitated and that's when the FBI takes his eye off the suspect. The FBI agent has to be told that, he doesn't have his own instincts. It sounds adolescent. And yes, I know that was reported by anonymous sources.

But these are 'humans' and they make mistakes. They are just doing their job, and after interrogating this guy for several hours, maybe they thought things were calm. If one guy felt the need to text, maybe he saw something that the other agent seemed to be missing. These agents are around criminals and terrorists and murderers on a routine basis. But somehow, for some reason, IT got the drop on this one agent. Maybe he was slick, maybe it was luck, maybe the agent made a mistake. We don't know yet. But interrogating a murder suspect is dangerous and this time it ended badly.

One of the best articles I found regarding Tamerlan and his boxing career was in the New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/u...rlan-tsarnaev-reeled.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

A Battered Dream, Then a Violent Path
By DEBORAH SONTAG, DAVID M. HERSZENHORN and SERGE F. KOVALESKI
Published: April 27, 2013

BOSTON — It was a blow the immigrant boxer could not withstand: after capturing his second consecutive title as the Golden Gloves heavyweight champion of New England in 2010, Tamerlan Anzorovich Tsarnaev, 23, was barred from the national Tournament of Champions because he was not a United States citizen.

The cocksure fighter, a flamboyant dresser partial to white fur and snakeskin, had been looking forward to redeeming the loss he suffered the previous year in the first round, when the judges awarded his opponent the decision, drawing boos from spectators who considered Mr. Tsarnaev dominant.

From one year to the next, though, the tournament rules had changed, disqualifying legal permanent residents — not only Mr. Tsarnaev, who was Soviet-born of Chechen and Dagestani heritage, but several other New England contenders, too. His aspirations frustrated, he dropped out of boxing competition entirely, and his life veered in a completely different direction.

Mr. Tsarnaev portrayed his quitting as a reflection of the sport’s incompatibility with his growing devotion to Islam. But as dozens of interviews with friends, acquaintances and relatives from Cambridge, Mass., to Dagestan showed, that devotion, and the suspected radicalization that accompanied it, was a path he followed most avidly only after his more secular dreams were dashed in 2010 and he was left adrift."

"As it happened, Golden Gloves of America was just then changing its policy. It used to permit legal immigrants to compete in its national tournament three out of every four years, barring them only during Olympic qualifying years, James Beasley, the executive director, said. But it decided in 2010 that the policy was confusing and moved to end all participation by noncitizens in the Tournament of Champions."

Much much more in the article...

But by 2009, Tamerlan's life abruptly changed course. He told his parents that "the Koran prohibits beating people in the face." He grew a beard, began to pray more than five times a day, dropped out of college and gave up stylish leather pants for sweat pants. He argued with friends over politics, picked a fight at a pizza parlor, shouted at speakers at a mosque.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-boston-suspects-20130428-dto,0,15030.htmlstory

Mr. Tsarnaev portrayed his quitting as a reflection of the sport’s incompatibility with his growing devotion to Islam.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/u...-tamerlan-tsarnaev-reeled.html?pagewanted=all
The lead of the very same article states: was barred from the national Tournament of Champions because he was not a United States citizen.

Got the sense he was calm and feeling ok. *shrug* Wasn't really impressed by the voice? It was hard to hear over the phone.

bbm is what I remember reading in one of the previous threads.

Yeah. He wanted to reassure his Mom he was doing great and eating. Even said he was having chicken and rice. How lovely.

Wish Martin could tell his Mom the same.

The thought of this terrorist makes me sick.

One of the best articles I found regarding Tamerlan and his boxing career was in the New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/u...rlan-tsarnaev-reeled.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

BOSTON — It was a blow the immigrant boxer could not withstand: after capturing his second consecutive title as the Golden Gloves heavyweight champion of New England in 2010, Tamerlan Anzorovich Tsarnaev, 23, was barred from the national Tournament of Champions because he was not a United States citizen.

The cocksure fighter, a flamboyant dresser partial to white fur and snakeskin, had been looking forward to redeeming the loss he suffered the previous year in the first round, when the judges awarded his opponent the decision, drawing boos from spectators who considered Mr. Tsarnaev dominant.

From one year to the next, though, the tournament rules had changed, disqualifying legal permanent residents — not only Mr. Tsarnaev, who was Soviet-born of Chechen and Dagestani heritage, but several other New England contenders, too. His aspirations frustrated, he dropped out of boxing competition entirely, and his life veered in a completely different direction.

Mr. Tsarnaev portrayed his quitting as a reflection of the sport’s incompatibility with his growing devotion to Islam. But as dozens of interviews with friends, acquaintances and relatives from Cambridge, Mass., to Dagestan showed, that devotion, and the suspected radicalization that accompanied it, was a path he followed most avidly only after his more secular dreams were dashed in 2010 and he was left adrift."

"As it happened, Golden Gloves of America was just then changing its policy. It used to permit legal immigrants to compete in its national tournament three out of every four years, barring them only during Olympic qualifying years, James Beasley, the executive director, said. But it decided in 2010 that the policy was confusing and moved to end all participation by noncitizens in the Tournament of Champions."

Thank you!

Thank you!

Golden Gloves of America was just then changing its policy. It used to permit legal immigrants . decided in 2010 ....end all participation by noncitizens in the Tournament of Champions."

This was not the Olympics it was Tournament of Champions."

The rug was pulled out, they changed the rules, becasue he was not AMerican ... as stated earlier.

The lead of the very same article states: was barred from the national Tournament of Champions because he was not a United States citizen.

Yes. It does.
He was barred from that tournament.

He said himself he quit boxing due to Islam.

Because he was barred from that tournament did not mean he couldn't box elsewhere.

He gave up the sport because it was against his religion. Or so HE said.

Never heard that interesting can you throw up the link for us

If'n I can find one later. Right now, I am in the middle of doing something else.

If'n I can find one later. Right now, I am in the middle of doing something else.

I provided two.
That should he sufficient.
:)

Carry on with your other stuff.

Yes. It does.
He was barred from that tournament.

He said himself he quit boxing due to Islam.

Because he was barred from that tournament did not mean he couldn't box elsewhere.

He gave up the sport because it was against his religion. Or so HE said.
It used to permit legal immigrants to compete in its national tournament three out of every four years

he was IMO discriminated againist for being born in Russia.

Thank you!

Golden Gloves of America was just then changing its policy. It used to permit legal immigrants . decided in 2010 ....end all participation by noncitizens in the Tournament of Champions."

This was not the Olympics it was Tournament of Champions."

The rug was pulled out, they changed the rules, becasue he was not AMerican ... as stated earlier.

And he quit boxing because of Islam. As stated earlier.
(By him)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back