Did FLEK change her entire appearance?

I believe FLEK had plastic surgery on her nose and also might have a plate in her forehead. I say that because of how the light shines on it in a couple of pics. The plate in my neck was placed there by a neurosurgeon years ago. It was because of a vehicle accident that was not my fault. I met an interesting woman at my checkups that had a plate in her forehead and she told me Dr. ***** had made an incision along her hairline and literally peeled her skin back in order to place it there. She was going to have plastic surgery on her nose at a later date. Her nose was literally flat. I do not know exactly what had happened to this woman because all she said was that her face had been crushed in an accident. I did not pry.

FLEK may have had her face reconstructed and also decided to get breast implants. The idea that FLEK is not recognized by anyone could absolutely be because she did look different, IMO. Also; the nose looks as if it had been broken and either not properly set, or maybe the packing and bandages were removed too soon after surgery.

May have had a chin implant also.

Good thought, shadowdancer!

I definitely noticed the difference with her teeth in various photographs taken throughout the years.

Something that I noticed in several of these pictures is the contouring around her eyes. It seems to appear in most of the photographs, but is it possible this was done with make-up to help conceal age? I know that this is popular in the younger crowds to help make the eyes look more open and awake.. and it also helps give a more youthful appearance. Thoughts?

here breast implants should have some type of identification on them . where they checked?

I definitely noticed the difference with her teeth in various photographs taken throughout the years.

thought: cocaine can ruin your teeth even years later they start to move and thin ,

here breast implants should have some type of identification on them . where they checked?

No, she was cremated before they realized she was not who she said she was. No autopsy performed because it was a clear case of suicide. We're lucky the mortuary happened to have samples of her skin and hair to get her DNA.

I know someone who was punched in the face and his nose was broken as a result. He didn't get any treatment other than an xray the day it occurred which confirmed it was broken. Did not get it reset or anything. It pretty much looks just like Lori's nose now. It's possible someone hit her and she just never got it fixed. When she had the opportunity for cosmetic surgery she maybe decided new breasts would be better for whatever reason vs new nose.

Forgive me if I'm not allowed to quote myself from other threads but this is very relevant:

One thing I specifically noticed is while it shows up on numerous FLEK pages, the idea of her being Jennifer Marie Wictor is dismissed quite quickly with very little academic followup so while circumstantial, I'd like to put a few interesting things I've noted when you compare JMW to FLEK.

First of all, yes, they do look "different", but I think I can provide an actual (circumstantial) reasoning behind it, so bear with me.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Right off the bat, it's the nose, nasiolabial folds, and smile that are different. From what I've seen this has been enough to dismiss her from candidacy as FLEK with not much more followup. So what do we know about FLEK? For one, she seemed to be concerned with her age as well as her appearance, despite the claims of dressing "matronly" later in life, which I also aim to explain. Allegedly she received a breast augmentation, but before that, there's also talk of her having had a nose job earlier in life. Most of the talk I've seen regarding FLEK and rhinoplasty ends with "But why would she get it to look crooked, what did she look like before?" My theory is FLEK IS JMW, and that JMW received a botched nose job.

Rhinoplasty was the big thing in the mid eighties, but a simple google search can bring up droves of botched nose job pictures from the mid-late 80s and see how much it structurally alters one's face. JMW had a wider, more bulbous nose with thicker nasiolabial folds. If JMW were to get a nose job, it'd (speculation) be to diminish the width and shrink it down a bit, which would mean a loss of depth of her nasiolabial folds. If it were conducted improperly, or not given enough time to properly heal, one could very well easily end up with the crooked, upturned look of FLEK.

Which leads me to the FLEK smile. Always tight upper lip, in fact, one can argue FLEK's upper lip is virtually identical in all of her photographs, regardless of her expression. Almost a straight line across her teeth, with the rest of her mouth making the smile.
From a forum post regarding rhinoplasty side-effects/aftereffects:

"I'm one week out from Rhinoplasty and a chin implant. I have numbness in lower lip due to chin implant and my top lip won't move due to rhinoplasty. I was not told this would be an affect, and I look freakish when I try to smile and my smile used to be very pretty and wide. Now my teeth aren't visible when I smile and I just look so weird! I'm literally having major anxiety over this as I'm worried this might be permanent. I'm regretting doing these procedures.

- In general, almost all noses are numb right after a rhinoplasty. In most cases its the tip that is numb, but this numbness can extend down to the upper lip, and in rare cases some of the teeth. There are nerves that are cut and stretched during a rhinoplasty, and it takes a long time for those nerves to start working again. This is true of an open as well as closed rhinoplasty, although it tends to be more extensive in open rhinoplasty. This could also be more extensive if a septoplasty is performed at the same time. This, along with the swelling, gives you a stiff, plastic type feel, and can give you an odd smile. However, the nerves will start working and again, and your nose stiffness will go away with time. As the nerves grow back, you may feel some tingling, itchiness and on occasion pain. This takes in most cases months, but can take years in rare cases. Extremely rarely, the numbness is permanent, although I have never seen such as case"

Now this post was in 2014, and it is not uncommon nor is the doctor's response. Now, go back to 1988 which nose job full on botches and/or inappropriate aftercare were much more common. Is it entirely possible this happened to her and remained semi-permanent?

As for the financial means, I've bounced a few theories back and forth, but the one that sticks out in my mind as the most plausible is either as JMW or a possible transitional identity, she took out a loan she never intended to repay (as she was planning on changing her identity already) and when the nose job was botched, she had no recourse but to continue on with her life.

... I did include a (quickly edited) photo explaining what I'm talking about, if you reduce the nose width of JMW, the nasiolabial folds, turn up the tip, it's basically FLEK to me, minus the implied constricting numbness.
attachment.php
In fact, taking is a step further, if you tighten the mouth of JMW, again only speculation, but tightening the mouth in the implied restrictiveness of a botched nose job, the resemblance almost becomes uncanny.
attachment.php

Again, I stress that this is only my personal research, but I also want to point to other established circumstances (the claim that FLEK did have rhinoplasty) along with the (largely circumstantial) evidence regarding the dates and the Arizona connection.

Not to mention FLEK's stats, the height (a real standout as both JMW and FLEK were 5'10"+), the hair color, the eye color, all line up. Hell, this is admittedly 100% reaching and 90% coincidental, but the way JMW's bangs flow in relation to FLEK's BST ID picture's bangs, they're INCREDIBLY similar.

No, she was cremated before they realized she was not who she said she was. No autopsy performed because it was a clear case of suicide. We're lucky the mortuary happened to have samples of her skin and hair to get her DNA.
I know it’s been several years since this was posted. But how did you know of her death, and it was suicide and she was cremated. I wonder what name she had when she died. I am curious. I live in the town where the crime was.

Hi, Can you send me a link about her suicide? And cremation? I am so curious. I live in the same town that she was from when she committed the crime..

Hi, Can you send me a link about her suicide? And cremation? I am so curious. I live in the same town that she was from when she committed the crime..

Tann, her threads start here; There's 5 of them and I'm linking you to her first:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back