IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
very quiet in here today :( the girls were dropped off at 1pm so when was LE notified?.... This gave the sp so much time to take off. He can be anywhere :(

Stopping in to see if there were any new updates. Sadly, no.
I hope BG isn't anywhere, but close to Delphi and they are watching him and gathering evidence.

Thanks for the video Nana. I just started watching it and only got a little bit, noticed two things right off.

1. Hearing the footsteps in the crunchy leaves give me chills....reminded me of the same sound on LE's video clip.

2. It would be very easy for a perp to hide under the end of the bridge lurking until a victim or victims crossed above him, as has been mentioned before. Scary. (9.11)

Back to watching.....
I noticed the same thing!!

Hello, first time posting but have been following. Anyone familiar with the area, how far from the bridge is a place called Indiana Packers Corp and what exactly do they do there? Thanks

I am not far from Delphi. I do not know how far Indiana Packers is from the bridge but here is what they do. It is a meat processing plant.
https://indianapackerscorp.com/

It's roughly 4 miles away. Indiana Packers corp processes pork products.

Thanks for the video Nana. I just started watching it and only got a little bit, noticed two things right off.

1. Hearing the footsteps in the crunchy leaves give me chills....reminded me of the same sound on LE's video clip.

2. It would be very easy for a perp to hide under the end of the bridge lurking until a victim or victims crossed above him, as has been mentioned before. Scary. (9.11)

Back to watching.....
I've been a little embarrassed to say this before, and I mean before the pictures of the bridge and its underparts, but the very first thought that crossed my mind when I initially saw the blue jeans picture of the perp was this : "He's just come up and over onto the bridge from below." At the time it made no sense; he certainly does not have a jet pack on his back. But now it doesn't seen so weird. I do think he was down there, hiding out and watching, and if Libby saw that he had come from the creek area or one of the stanchions up onto the bridge, she would definitely have been alarmed and turned on video. Intuition is a funny thing, esp. when I try to ignore it. JMO, as always.

LE is only as good as the info it receives..... they can't make DNA appear or the image on the photo to be better .... fingerprints appear.

I have a funny feeling there is no DNA.

I also don't think these kids met him online.

I think he's a stranger.

Unless".........
Is it possible this is an athletic teen? Not a man of 35 or 40

I shared this on my facebook page. It is an emotional video, so heartfelt.

Sorry, in response to the Singing Contractors video tribute to Libby and Abby. Can be found on their facebook page.

I wondered if BG wasn't doing some water testing and/or environmental work in the area? I pulled up a map and there are 2 chemical sample stations on 300 North and then a Fish Sample Station on road that backs up to the property at the SW side of the bridge?

attachment.php
attachment.php

If he works for the state, you can call and ask what dates they sample or file a Freedom of Information Act request from DNR. Most surface water quality samples are taken monthly. NancyDrew has a similar day job lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, first time posting but have been following. Anyone familiar with the area, how far from the bridge is a place called Indiana Packers Corp and what exactly do they do there? Thanks

Looks like it's about 2 miles. The road that runs directly east of the plant runs right to the bridge. Also some posters earlier mentioned the other towns with missing or murdered young girls also have packing plants. Since it is so near it seems natural to assume LE has checked it. But it looks like it would be easy for someone to walk there during their lunch break.

It's a sad statement that it would take money to turn somebody in that killed two kids. Today's world.
Rewards have always been offered for tips. Look at Old West wanted posters. I am responding to this only because I think a lot of perceptions about "today's world" are incorrect and even a bit dangerous. As someone who has followed true crime stories, I work very hard to remind myself that crime is at historic lows, these crimes are rare, and the world used to be even more dangerous for women and children before women fought to have crimes like sexual assault, domestic violence, and violence against children taken more seriously--regardless of the color, socio-economic status, or "behavior" of the victim, or the color or socio-economic status of the perpetrator.

I wonder if one reason so many billboards were put into play is as out reach to vagrant/homeless populations. Those groups might have far more limited access to TV, radio and paper news. Sigh. Mostly I'm trying to think of any explanation for the massive # of BB that does not lead back to the crimes being so extra awful.

Could be. However, as I mentioned earlier, I think it's far more likely they did it to keep all possibilities open in the public's mind and because many Midwesterners travel/live in warmer southern states during the winters. He may have parents, aunts and uncles, etc who don't live at home during colder months. They had the billboards, so using them made sense.

I know many people here seem to think it means the perpetrator isn't from anywhere in Delphi and surrounding areas. However, they are searching, questioning, and collecting DNA from local people and places. That indicates just the opposite. They are simply leaving all possibilities on the table, IMO.

I remember one time this woman I knew for a few months, sweet, kind, normal Indiana woman (late 20s) started joking about how this other woman we knew of the same age "couldn't handle her crack" in the same joking tone someone might say they can't handle their liquor.

Respectfully snipped for space. This is why I always argue against limiting our ideas of criminals. Too many "nice guys (or gals)" do things society condemns. It probably makes average people feel safer to think otherwise, but your anecdote was my experience growing up in Smalltown, USA in the 1970s and 1980s, too, and it hasn't changed.

I realize that at the press conference they encouraged the public to call with any tips no matter how insignificant they seemed. However, I'm pretty sure they did NOT mean to call in with wild (or even plausible) theories. Hopefully within those 10,000 plus calls and emails they received there's a few that actually qualify as TIPS, and hopefully one will actually pan out. I'm just afraid that it's going to take much longer to get to that viable tip because they have to sort through 9,999 pieces of nonsense to get to it.

Again, snipped for space. This has been my feelings all along. The encouraging of people to send in speculative theories as tips, specifically those arrived at from the few pieces of information we have, cannot be coupled with the demand or hope for a quick resolution. Logging, sorting, then following up on the tips will take a long time. I don't think they help the case at all; in fact, I think just the opposite.

I have no particular issue with the speculation and theorizing on the site itself, even when I might personally find it highly unlikely or worse. I just don't think much of it raises to the level of "tip". It is just discussion among people interested in the case. It is not going to solve the case. Identifying a UID via online research is not the same as solving a murder.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Random Dropping this: Lets remember to scroll and roll people so that we can keep from getting shut down. Use the red triangle

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

I was going to use the red triangle the other day, for a post that I thought violated TOS, but it said it was ONLY to be used to report fighting, rude comments, etc. Could we have a clarification if it can be used in cases where someone has posted something like, for example, sleuthing random people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to Indiana State Police, the reward for information in the Delphi murders now stands at $216,165 thanks to Mitchell’s Mexican Restaurant in downtown Delphi.

Mitchell’s Mexican Restaurant also donated $6,300 to the fund on Monday of proceeds they collected from a benefit they held on Monday, Feb. 20, plus donations from customers. In total, the restaurant has donated $12,075.

“A lot of people are scared, watching their backs, locking their houses when they maybe didn’t use to,” owner, Corey Mitchell Dunbar said. “We’re trying to help out anyway we could.”

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/02/donati...-infomation-leading-to-arrest-in-delphi-case/

They know he's the killer 100%. The images of him were captured from a video taken of him... from the girl's phone, presumably, not long after those images were captured, a male voice is heard from that same video recording, so who else could it be? It is honestly absurd to even consider he isn't the killer.

But LE has also said there could be another person involved. And the article where the kids were interviewed saw a man dressed in black there on the trail the same day. That he was involved LE seems certain but IMO they are leaving room for another person.

Have not had a chance to read through all the threads.
All my thoughts. Police know more than they are saying I hope. As far as I know- no cause of death and DNA at scene. School closed for the day- remote area. Linked to school? Horribly reminds me of Soham murders. I am sorry if this has been brought up but 2 girls- would one run if the other was in trouble? And run to where? A population of 3000- so profiling- known to the area and previous convictions? It takes a lot of escalation to murder two girls without a previous. Very daring- during the day- nice weather- a trail used by many but not too many as population is not huge I guess. Must have been some reason they went to the location off the trail- the audio clip doesn't sound threatening to me. But it is only 3 words- Libby is a star for catching that- and the perp not too clever to check the phone. Disturbed by someone? Had to run? Horrible world we live in.

I was going to use the red triangle the other day, for a post that I thought violated TOS, but it said it was ONLY to be used to report fighting, rude comments, etc. Could we have a clarification if it can be used in cases where someone has posted something like, for example, sleuthing random people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes because sleuthing people not named in msm is against the rules.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member