IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not had a chance to read through all the threads.
All my thoughts. Police know more than they are saying I hope. As far as I know- no cause of death and DNA at scene. School closed for the day- remote area. Linked to school? Horribly reminds me of Soham murders. I am sorry if this has been brought up but 2 girls- would one run if the other was in trouble? And run to where? A population of 3000- so profiling- known to the area and previous convictions? It takes a lot of escalation to murder two girls without a previous. Very daring- during the day- nice weather- a trail used by many but not too many as population is not huge I guess. Must have been some reason they went to the location off the trail- the audio clip doesn't sound threatening to me. But it is only 3 words- Libby is a star for catching that- and the perp not too clever to check the phone. Disturbed by someone? Had to run? Horrible world we live in.

I believe he panicked. Just doesn't strike me as a seasoned SK, but I could be wrong...

Someone upstream made a comment about being surprised a lot of people haven't heard of this case outside of Indiana. I am a part of a mom's group (I have 9 MO old twin boys and am currently pregnant with no. 3, so if things I say don't make sense, you know why.) and I brought the case up in the group. There are 43 members from all parts of the country and three from Canada. Only three of the women had heard of it.

Keep in mind that we're all moms of very young children and that does somewhat limit our news time. I have the advantage of both living in Indiana and also thinking I was Nancy Drew growing up so things like this naturally draw my attention. I also work part time where I can troll the Internet. Lots of people living in their own worlds, probably right here in Indiana, may not have given the case a second look.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Rewards have always been offered for tips. Look at Old West wanted posters. I am responding to this only because I think a lot of perceptions about "today's world" are incorrect and even a bit dangerous. As someone who has followed true crime stories, I work very hard to remind myself that crime is at historic lows, these crimes are rare, and the world used to be even more dangerous for women and children before women fought to have crimes like sexual assault, domestic violence, and violence against children taken more seriously--regardless of the color, socio-economic status, or "behavior" of the victim, or the color or socio-economic status of the perpetrator.
Could be. However, as I mentioned earlier, I think it's far more likely they did it to keep all possibilities open in the public's mind and because many Midwesterners travel/live in warmer southern states during the winters. He may have parents, aunts and uncles, etc who don't live at home during colder months. They had the billboards, so using them made sense.

Re: why the billboards? My thought was that they were used like a reverse Amber Alert. When a child goes missing the nation is alerted so people can hopefully provide tips that will lead to the recovery of the child. In this case the missing children were located quickly (sadly deceased), but the suspect is in effect 'missing'. Since LE has an image of a suspect it makes sense to blanket the nation with the image in hopes to generate tips which may lead to his recovery/arrest.

Yes because sleuthing people not named in msm is against the rules.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks. That's what I was asking--whether the alert could be used to report violations of the rules, not just rude comments and fighting and the like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter who's athletic. We're talking about a grown man and two young girls.

Exactly, so its shouldnt matter that 1 was 100 lbs and one was double that. They were kids. Taking away the absolute fear they felt it would have little bearing in my opinion to the outcome of this case sadly. My heart just breaks for them
Moo

RSBM

Where is it posted? If it is on her personal account it can't be posted in any shape or form, if she posted it as a comment on an MSM (or LE) Facebook page you can link to that page and give time of post and initials but you can't copy any text over, or discuss it.

Not a mod but HTH

It's posted in the Group that starts with the girls names, it's a "Closed group", I am in it but anyone can join. Not in article, but it's posted by an admin for another person and public to all. OM is poster, RB is original poster. Hope this helps? There is not specific detail as she couldn't remember, but there is specific road names, markers in story, coloring for clothes, attitude and demeanor description. Maybe throw on map?

If he works for the state, you can call and ask what dates they sample or file a Freedom of Information Act request from DNR. Most surface water quality samples are taken monthly. NancyDrew has a similar day job lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some pharmaceutical company or chemical company also do water test. I know a company has to as it dump chemicals in the river in the 60-70s, they are obligate to test that river regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes a lot of escalation to murder two girls without a previous. Very daring- during the day- nice weather- a trail used by many but not too many as population is not huge I guess. Must have been some reason they went to the location off the trail- the audio clip doesn't sound threatening to me. But it is only 3 words- Libby is a star for catching that- and the perp not too clever to check the phone. Horrible world we live in.

RSBM & BBM

Someone many threads back (don't remember who) made a comment that perhaps the perp was in control of the phone and wanted it recorded (something to that theory). I never thought of that before as I too was on the why didn't he take the phone track. (Excluding throwing in the water etc).

I was going to use the red triangle the other day, for a post that I thought violated TOS, but it said it was ONLY to be used to report fighting, rude comments, etc. Could we have a clarification if it can be used in cases where someone has posted something like, for example, sleuthing random people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, fighting, rudeness, etc are examples of TOS violations, and sleuthing random people is a violation. If you think it violates TOS, Alert and let Mods/Admin review and make the decision.

Exactly, so its shouldnt matter that 1 was 100 lbs and one was double that. They were kids. Taking away the absolute fear they felt it would have little bearing in my opinion to the outcome of this case sadly. My heart just breaks for them
Moo
Yes. Plenty of strong, athletic women are sadly, overpowered by aggressive men.

We don't know what the police know or have motive- I hope they know more!

<modsnip>

I said athletic cause a wrestler could be built like that.
A football player.

<modsnip>

April 26, 2014 at 9:49 p.m. - Burglary, 5858W. 300N., Delphi. Ron Logan reported finding a person in his barn who was not authorized to be there. The unidentified person fled the barn prior to police arrival. The suspect was not located. Liggett investigated.

<modsnip>

I said athletic cause a wrestler could be built like that.
A football player.

<modsnip>

There is no evidence that the voice is (a) the only perpetrator (b) the BG. So your conjecture was not absurd.

I'm sure it's been mentioned already but the recording is one of those really odd ones that your brain can interpret in many ways.

When I first heard it - as a British person - I was 100% certain that it was a Scottish accent saying "down there".

When I saw that the Police thought he was saying "get down the hill" or whatever - I listened to it again with those words in mind, and that's what I heard.

I thought about "down there" in a Scottish accent again, and that's what I heard.

In retrospect I guess it could be either, but the speed of the words and the intonation still makes me think it was more likely to be a Scottish person saying "down there".

But it might not be.

It's posted in the Group that starts with the girls names, it's a "Closed group", I am in it but anyone can join. Not in article, but it's posted by an admin for another person and public to all. OM is poster, RB is original poster. Hope this helps? There is not specific detail as she couldn't remember, but there is specific road names, markers in story, coloring for clothes, attitude and demeanor description. Maybe throw on map?

Gotcha. I can't put it on the map, same rules apply.

We don't know what the police know or have motive- I hope they know more!

I'm sure hope they know a ton by now or it's going to go cold pretty quick. I just wonder if the dates of the killing are significant as it's nearly valentines and he's heart broken a previous year or that date and flips out

Second question. Does anyone know if all county sex offenders are automatically looked into, or would they only look into those who had committed crimes against children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998