NM - West Mesa Murders (2003-05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Ella's Mom I don't know off hand if other families received calls. That is interesting and caught my eye too.

No Ella's Mom I don't know off hand if other families received calls. That is interesting and caught my eye too.

Well that will be my homework for the evening. I think we will find some of the other missing one's at that site. Also, I agree with SuziQ. I think LE knows who most of them are and just need the medical/forensic proof before announcing.

TY Donjeta. 4 out of the 13 (one being a fetus) disappeared in 2003-2004 so far.

Victoria Ann Chavez, June 5, 2003.
Michelle Gina Valdez, September 22, 2004.
Cinnamon Elks, August 20, 2004.
Julie Neito, July 15, 2004

That's a very close timeframe so far.

I don't think this article has been posted yet.

http://www.koat.com/news/18911658/detail.html

As the crime scene unfolded and got bigger, Ortiz said it dawned on her that a childhood friend, Doreen Marquez, could be among those found.

A flier made years ago said Marquez disappeared in October 2003, leaving behind her two children.

"I heard she was hanging out with the wrong crowd," said Ortiz said.

Another common thread between the women identified so far, according to police, is that some may have known each other and Ortiz said Marquez knew Victoria Chavez.

Do we know of any other connections of the missing in which these women knew eachother. I am going to assume many did, due to ther lifestyle, but is there any documentation?

I keep seeing it mentioned that 16 women are missing between 2001-2006. Does anyone have the list that shows the 16 women that are missing?

Sorry I found it. Great article with a great list to refer to.

http://crimeshadowsnews.com/main/2009/03/02/realm-of-darkness-the-missing-and-the-dead/

Below is a list of women who have disappeared from the Albuquerque area since 2001:
Darlene Marie Trujillo missing since July 2001
Sonia Bernadette Lente missing since October 2002
Monica Diana Candelarie missing since May 2003
Brenda Jeen Apalicio missing since May 2003
Christine Julian missing since April 2003
Doreen Marquez missing since October 2003
Anselma Guerra missing since 2004
Veronica Romero missing since 2004
Virginia Ann Cloven missing since April 2004
Evelyn Jesus-Maria Salazar missing since March 2004
Jamie Caterina Barela missing since March 2004
Julie Cyndie Nieto missing since July 15, 2004
Cinnamon Elks missing since August 2004
Felipa Gonzales missing since 2005
Anna Vigil missing since January 2005
Nina Herron missing since May 2005
Shawntell Waites missing since 2006
Leah Rachel Peebles missing since May 2006
Brittney Jaramillo missing since October 2007

Not sure why Victoria Ann Chavez or Michelle Gina Valdez were not on this list. I know some of the more recent Missing may not be part of the group, but wanted to include all of them from the article.

Ty Elle's Mom, I am curious to see the timeline of disappearances as the ID's are made. We have 13 victims. 12 adults and one fetus.

I'm just rambling here with thoughts, not going anywhere in particular with it...

4 victims IDed.

2 not on the list (Chavez and Valdez) 2 were on the list Neito and Elks. That leaves us 8 UnIDed.

Looking on the list from 2003 to 2004 (time frame of other disappearances) there are 11 listed as missing from that time frame. I will be interested to see if any of the victims on that list are also IDed.

My homework for this weekend: Start a doc on the stats of these women. I want to see if they fit a body type or type. As the victims are IDed and it proves that all had a history of drug use/prostitution that would need to be looked at because it raises their risk levels. It makes them high risk to being victims of crimes because of associations.

Hi Kat

I went through each of the missing posters to see if there is some sort of link between any of them. As I am sure you know, the posters are very vague in the details and I am finding descrepancies. Here is what I have so far:

Darlene Marie Trujillo - listed as missing since 2001. However the Details of Disappearence section states that she was last seen on July 4, 2004.

Sonjia Bernadette Lente, Monica Diana Candelarie and Veronica Romero were all last seen off of Central Avenue. (Since posting this earlier, I realize this may not be as significant as I first thought. The intersection of Wyoming and Central Avenue is well known for prostitution).

Cinnamon Elks mother received several phone calls stating that her daughter was murdered on November 2004.

Virginia Ann Cloven's Dad states that she was last seen in April 2004, but 2 months later he received a phone call from her that said she had a new boyfriend. (At this point, I don't know the details of the call. Was it on an answering machine or did he actually speak to her? Is it possible it wasn't really her?)

In the article attached to Veronica Romero, her cousin states that she knew Michelle Valdez and Victoria Chavez (so could be possible that Romero did too).

In the article I posted yesterday, it states that missing person Doreen Marquez and Victoria Chavez knew eachother.

So....I don't know what all of the above means yet, but thats what I am putting together so far. Might mean something, might not.

Hope it's helpful.

Snipped for space...

Looking on the list from 2003 to 2004 (time frame of other disappearances) there are 11 listed as missing from that time frame. I will be interested to see if any of the victims on that list are also IDed.
Add Darlene Marie Trujillo (tenatively) to your 2003-2004 list. Her missing person poster shows last seen as both 2001 and 2004. I am not sure which is correct yet.

http://www.koat.com/news/18884046/detail.html

....At the time, Candelaria's family said it did everything in its power to find her. It even searched on the West Mesa.

"Somebody had mentioned to the family she might be up there; they might have murdered her and she might be up there," Romero said

So again, we have information that the family was told the missing person was murdered (similar to Cinnamon Elk's case with the phone calls). The question is who told them? Who are "they"? Was it a friend that knows something? Was someone bragging about the events?

Sorry to be the lone poster here on this thread, but I think I have become obsessed with this case.

Ella's Mom: "Sorry to be the lone poster here on this thread, but I think I have become obsessed with this case."

Don't be, Mom. You may be the lone poster BUT you are not the lone reader. Your posts are appreciated!

You're not alone in your interest in this case Ella's Mom, your input is appreciated very much.

There are quite a few that are watching this case every day.

I hope that the poster that posted on that article is valid and not stringing family members along. I would love to hear what information that could be shared with us, without compromising the investigation.

TY Ruflossn.

Montoya has been forefront in my mind since reading about him in the beginning.

His ex-co-workers had some very interesting details to share about him. Of course, it's heresay but it's very interesting heresay.

Does anyone know when Darlene actually went missing? All reports I have seen give either 2001 or 2004.

I have seen family members and/or friends of some of the missing on other threads. Hopefully someone can clear this up. Not sure if they read here or not (but would love for them to join the discussion - hint, hint).

TY Ruflossn.

His ex-co-workers had some very interesting details to share about him. Of course, it's heresay but it's very interesting heresay.

I agree Kat. Don't forget about the Pimp that passed away too. Also, as I have been researching this case, I have seen many allude to the fact that it could be a cop as well.

In my opinion all three scenarios could fit (they could also be picked apart).

1) Lorenzo Montoya - Per witness accounts (hearsay) hates women. Obvious history of violence towards prostitutes. Lives 1 1/2 miles (I think that's what I read) from burial site. Decrease in disappearence of prostitutes since his death.

2) Fred Reynolds (Pimp) - Possible access to all missing women due to lifestyle. Photos of some of the missing found in his home after his death.

3) LE - All of the identified women have arrest records. Many of the remaining missing do as well, which obviously means they have crossed paths with LE on at least one occasion, if not many. It would also be very convienient to point a finger at two dead men and say "case closed."

TY Ruflossn.

I thought the same thing about the co-workers.
They all seemed to have the same opinion.
I wonder if there is DNA available from Montoya that could be compared to DNA that might have been found on the victims.

I thought the same thing about the co-workers.
They all seemed to have the same opinion.
I wonder if there is DNA available from Montoya that could be compared to DNA that might have been found on the victims.

I don't think there will be any DNA due to the amount of time the bodies have been there. It sounds like it is just bones and much of them have been scattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie