GUILTY WA - Sheryl Huntley, 40, shot to death, Selah, 1 July 2009

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
SELAH, Wash. — A former Yakima woman shot in the head on Interstate 82 early this morning died about 2:45 p.m. at Yakima Regional Medical and Cardiac Center, Yakima County sheriff’s detectives say.

Sheryl Huntley, 40, was living in Thompson Falls, Mont. She was a former Yakima resident and still has relatives here.

The woman’s common-law husband told detectives they were shot by a hitchhiker on Interstate 82 north of Selah. The man was hit in the hand.

More at link:
http://yakimaherald.com/stories/2009/07/01/montana-couple-reports-being-shot-by-hitchhiker

My hinky meter alert went off big time after reading the first story I read about this at the link below:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49647932.html#idc-ctools

Big ol hinky meter going off in my head on this one. Shot in the hand huh...hitchhiker huh...my very first thought Bull-chit!

Hmmmm . . . Haven't I heard this story or a slight variation of it before? :waitasec:

Uh huh, yeah right.

Wanna bet dear ole hubby is soon wearing shiny new bracelets?

I am SO sick of men who think that the only way out of a marriage is to kill the wife. With so many divorce lawyers out there, not to mention the number of men who get caught after killing their wives, you would think that these men would get the hint.

Selfish monsters!

The moment I read the thread title I knew that she was shot in a fatal area and he wasn't. Without even reading the details.
There's a far better way out of a marriage- it's called divorce. What a moron.

Hmmmm . . . Haven't I heard this story or a slight variation of it before? :waitasec:

Yep. It's getting to be "SSDD" on a regular basis!

Snippet from article,
Details fuzzy in homicide on I-82

The sheriff's office said Harwood gave a very detailed description of the hitchhiker. He said the man was Hispanic, probably around 20, about 5 feet 6 inches and skinny. His head was shaved, with a longer bit of hair across the forehead, a scar over his left eye and a "sharp" jaw line. His nose may have been broken in the past. He was wearing a red bandanna, white T-shirt, navy blue Dickies pants and two diamond stud earrings.

Wow, hubby's description of the (alleged) perp doesn't sound too fuzzy to me!
In fact, it's probably one of the most detailed descriptions I can recall ever hearing or reading. And, if I'm not mistaken, the 'alleged' hitch hiker" was picked up at night by the victims. Amazing recall on the part of hubby, Harwood, under such extremely tense circumstances!

SELAH, Wash. — A former Yakima woman shot in the head on Interstate 82 early this morning died about 2:45 p.m. at Yakima Regional Medical and Cardiac Center, Yakima County sheriff’s detectives say.

Sheryl Huntley, 40, was living in Thompson Falls, Mont. She was a former Yakima resident and still has relatives here.

The woman’s common-law husband told detectives they were shot by a hitchhiker on Interstate 82 north of Selah. The man was hit in the hand.

More at link:
http://yakimaherald.com/stories/2009/07/01/montana-couple-reports-being-shot-by-hitchhiker

My hinky meter alert went off big time after reading the first story I read about this at the link below:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49647932.html#idc-ctools

Wow, was he lucky, only being shot in the hand and all, what with his wife getting shot in the head. The man should count his lucky stars. I hope he has plenty of time to count, in his jail cell (if he did this, which I think he did).

Snippet from article,

The sheriff's office said Harwood gave a very detailed description of the hitchhiker. He said the man was Hispanic, probably around 20, about 5 feet 6 inches and skinny. His head was shaved, with a longer bit of hair across the forehead, a scar over his left eye and a "sharp" jaw line. His nose may have been broken in the past. He was wearing a red bandanna, white T-shirt, navy blue Dickies pants and two diamond stud earrings.

In fact, it's probably one of the most detailed descriptions I can recall ever hearing or reading. And, if I'm not mistaken, the 'alleged' hitch hiker" was picked up at night by the victims. Amazing recall on the part of hubby, Harwood, under such extremely tense circumstances!

Bolded by me..

No kidding--even down to the exact brand of pants the man had on!

I only have one question. The shot to his hand, did he do it on purpose or was he aiming at something else and his hand got in the way? Doesn't he know that if you really want to shoot someone and get by with it, you have to shoot yourself first and do it in a lethel area? Otherwise you are going to be arrested. And it won't be any fun being in jail with a sore hand. They aren't real good about giving pain meds.

Why is it that when someone commits a crime now they always blame it on a "hispanic guy"?

It would be impossible to have so much detail of the alleged hitchhiker, especially at night. The hitchhiker is shooting and your wife is dying, and you take the time to make sure you know exactly what he is wearing....hmm I believe it. NOT!

Snippet from article,

Pretty damn detailed description considering he was driving and also knowing the 'hitchiker' had a gun. Then of course he also had time to notice the 'Dickies' brand of pants with that particular brand having the label on the back pocket. Why was he noticing the guys rear end where the label was??? :rolleyes:

I am not making light of this woman being shot. I am wondering which turnip truck this 'common law husband' fell off of. Murdering !

I only have one question. The shot to his hand, did he do it on purpose or was he aiming at something else and his hand got in the way? Doesn't he know that if you really want to shoot someone and get by with it, you have to shoot yourself first and do it in a lethel area? Otherwise you are going to be arrested. And it won't be any fun being in jail with a sore hand. They aren't real good about giving pain meds.

Why is it that when someone commits a crime now they always blame it on a "hispanic guy"?

BBM

That's right! No good pain meds in jail AND having the other inmates laughing at his stupidity for not having made up a better story!

Yes, it is either a hispanic or a black guy that is blamed. .......:confused:

Snippet from article,

Wow,Lived for many years and graduated from High School in Thompson Falls Montana.
This guys description sounds like the 2009 version of the 'Pockmarked,bushy haired stranger wearing a jeans jacket' who was responsible for so many crimes in the late '70's and early '80's.
He killed her.

His head was shaved, with a longer bit of hair across the forehead, a scar over his left eye and a "sharp" jaw line. His nose may have been broken in the past. He was wearing a red bandanna, white T-shirt, navy blue Dickies pants and two diamond stud earrings.

They supposedly picked this man up at night? I guess when you've got to make up a perp, you've got to make him sound "scary," even if it would make no sense to allow some scary stranger in your car. It sounds to me like he's describing a pirate.

Another dumbazz. Don't these idiots watch the news?

This guys description sounds like the 2009 version of the 'Pockmarked,bushy haired stranger wearing a jeans jacket' who was responsible for so many crimes in the late '70's and early '80's.

That's right, kline. These phantom perps have moved with the times. They've shaved off the bushy hair, and are now wearing diamond stud earrings.

Someone could produce a whole encyclopedia of cases based on this exact scenario. And it's not always men killing their wives. Try

Susan Smith (killed 2 sons, blamed it on carjacker)
Amanda Smith (killed 1 son, blamed it on carjacker)
Diane Downs (shot 3 children; 1 daughter died, 1 son and 1 daughter survived; blamed it on carjacker)
Tracie Andrews (stabbed boyfriend to death; blamed it on 'road rage' stranger)

Then there are the 'bushy haired' home invaders, as in the Darlie Routier case. Most recently, we have the man shot to death in Mooresville by a nocturnal stranger who somehow let the wife escape to raise the alarm, probably while he was readjusting his bushy hair style. Ok, the facts are not yet in on that one, but it sounds fishy just like this story of the hitch-hiker.

The police must be glad to hear these stories by now. It makes their job easy for them.

I wonder what loot this hispanic hitcher is supposed to have got away with according to the 'common law husband'?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back