Will the WM3 ever be pardoned?

On the contrary, it is very rare indeed for a convicted murderer to be set free in return for an Alford plea. Its rarer still for someone convicted of capital murder to walk off death row in return for one. Alford pleas are almost always used before conviction, not after.

And for three people convicted of the same crime, (one sentenced to death), to walk free with time served and an Alford plea is unprecedented as far as I know. If you can find another example, please post it.

When a cop has a suspect in a room, eye to eye...they usually know whether the suspect is guilty or not...it takes a very, very cunning...very, very cold blooded criminal to deceive detectives eye to eye.

When a cop has a suspect in a room, eye to eye...they usually know whether the suspect is guilty or not...it takes a very, very cunning...very, very cold blooded criminal to deceive detectives eye to eye.

Alas, that simply is not true. Which is why so many innocent defendants are convicted and so many are pressured to falsely confess.

Of those freed to date by the Innocence Project, one in four had falsely confessed to the crime they did not convict. In each of those cases, detectives were certain they could "read" the accused.

Ever heard the old saying....don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining? Now if a detective wants to piss down his own back and have someone tell him it's raining that's a different matter.

I'm sure the Innocence Project has all manner of facts, figures and statistics...

Ever heard the old saying....don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining? Now if a detective wants to piss down his own back and have someone tell him it's raining that's a different matter.

I'm sure the Innocence Project has all manner of facts, figures and statistics...

If anyone wants to know why the innocent men of the WM3 took Alford pleas, he or she need only read your last two posts.

Since you apparently support the execution of innocent men, I'm not surprised Echols jumped at his first chance to get out.

Well how do you know they are innocent?

At best it's a noodle scratcher...

Very grey case

Very grey

Well how do you know they are innocent?

At best it's a noodle scratcher...

Very grey case

Very grey

It's not even close to a "noodle scratcher." There is simply no evidence against the WM3 except for a coerced (and obviously false) confession and a bit of playground hearsay.

Well....there's a little more to it than that.

Quite the grey area

Actually, no, there is not. Not a single hair, not even a partial print, not a spec of DNA.

There is nothing but gossip and innuendo, and "expert witnesses" who lack even basic credentials.

If the State had even a shred of doubt that the WM3 are innocent, no Alford Plea would have been offered.

Nova, I get the impression you've never seen this website, or much of the information summarized there. I recommend reading everything under the "The Case Against the WM3" section, as it presents far more than gossip and innuendo to cast doubt on the notion that that the WM3 are innocent, including multiple direct confessions from Misskelley, as well as witness reports of confessions from Echols, Baldwin, and Misskelley. Between all that and the Hollingsworths' reports of seeing Echols covered in mud/dirt near the crime scene shortly after the likely time of the murders, Echols's psychological history, the criminal history of all three, and the fraudulent alibis of all three, I'm at a loss as how one could reasonably believe they were wrongly accused.

I've seen the claim that Misskelley's first confession was coerced before, but I've yet to find anything to substantiate that accusation, and it seems rather a dubious notion given Misskelley's many other confessions along with the rest of evidence. As for the lack of DNA and scant physical evidence otherwise, that's to be expected when the bank where the murders were apparently committed was slicked down and the bodies submerged in a creek.

Granted, I only started looking into the details of this case last week, but this point I've no doubt the representatives of the State involved believe Echols, Baldwin, and Misskelley are all guilty of the crime they were convicted for. I agree with the State's decision to accept the Alfred Pleas though, as given the resources of the many celebrities and others who have devoted themselves to freeing the WM3, it's quite possible a jury could have been convinced they are innocent and set them free. Accepting the Alford Pleas at least insures the three are on parole for ten years, so authorities can keep a much closer eye on them than what not guilty verdicts would allow.

Actually, no, there is not. Not a single hair, not even a partial print, not a spec of DNA.

Same applies for anyone else...there's no conclusive DNA evidence to finger anyone for the crime...so you can't really say because there's no DNA evidence fingering the jailed 3 that they by default are innocent.

It's kind of null

No gossip and innuendo at this site. Trial transcripts and documents. Very informative. It will take you a really long time to go through them all but it is very worth it.

http://callahan.8k.com/

Nova, I get the impression you've never seen this website, or much of the information summarized there. I recommend reading everything under the "The Case Against the WM3" section, as it presents far more than gossip and innuendo to cast doubt on the notion that that the WM3 are innocent, including multiple direct confessions from Misskelley, as well as witness reports of confessions from Echols, Baldwin, and Misskelley. Between all that and the Hollingsworths' reports of seeing Echols covered in mud/dirt near the crime scene shortly after the likely time of the murders, Echols's psychological history, the criminal history of all three, and the fraudulent alibis of all three, I'm at a loss as how one could reasonably believe they were wrongly accused.

I've seen the claim that Misskelley's first confession was coerced before, but I've yet to find anything to substantiate that accusation, and it seems rather a dubious notion given Misskelley's many other confessions along with the rest of evidence. As for the lack of DNA and scant physical evidence otherwise, that's to be expected when the bank where the murders were apparently committed was slicked down and the bodies submerged in a creek.

Granted, I only started looking into the details of this case last week, but this point I've no doubt the representatives of the State involved believe Echols, Baldwin, and Misskelley are all guilty of the crime they were convicted for. I agree with the State's decision to accept the Alfred Pleas though, as given the resources of the many celebrities and others who have devoted themselves to freeing the WM3, it's quite possible a jury could have been convinced they are innocent and set them free. Accepting the Alford Pleas at least insures the three are on parole for ten years, so authorities can keep a much closer eye on them than what not guilty verdicts would allow.

I don't have the patience to point out all of the errors and sophistries on that site. It is one of the worst-named sites on the Internet!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back