Please read Caylee Forum Rules

Thank you so much for addressing this problem! The things that are said are so extreme and unproductive, other than to vent the hatred some people must hold inside of themselves. I came to WS as a result of following cases such as Maura M. and Jennifer K. and Brooke B. and was so amazed at the kinds of information that people were able to locate and share with other readers. That is the kind of information that can CONTRIBUTE to finding answers, while the hateful comments and nasty graphics posted are only counterproductive to any true "sleuthing".

thank you! :clap::clap:

i've been staying away from posting & reading much here ...it was getting very ugly!:woohoo:

Thanks everyone. It is very heartwarming to see so many agree.

Like I posted on another thread, there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to negative posting. I think everyone knows when they do it.

Earlier, I threatened to shut the forum down for a day to get people's attention about this problem. I feel confidant that I won't have to do that now. :)

Tricia,

Terrific thread!

It is always great for all of us to take a deep, long breath, step back and look inwards. Self reflection can be good for all. In a case so emotionally charged as this I think we all tend to rant and rave which inevitably leads to negative statements/posts that are equally as emotionally charged. This type of crime and the ensuing investigation, difficult searches leads to so much frustration which is only expected. But we can be bigger and learn from each other as the wonderful group of WS'ers that we are.

I have at times been a guilty party of this and will use this thread as the perfect tool that it is, excellent food for thought. I will take my time when responding and posting. Maybe step back a minute or so before jumping the gun and hurting some one else, insulting etc.

In other words: Let's all play nice in the sand-box together! :) Thanks for the oh so gentle reminder Tricia!

Then perhaps you might want to remove any threads that start with "RANT thread." That title can be confusing as to what it's about.

Then perhaps you might want to remove any threads that start with "RANT thread." That title can be confusing as to what it's about.

I think we should leave the "rants" up. Only because we need some release, for the time being anyway. But, that doesn't give you license to go off the deep end and become rude and mean.

IF anyone feels they have been attacked on a thread please hit the alert button or email me at tgrif@xmission.com

This is not allowed. Attacks will be dealt with very quickly.

Thanks,
Tricia

I totally agree!!! I hate on O.S. blog, they are always fighting and bickering. WS is more mature. :)

I totally agree!!! I hate on O.S. blog, they are always fighting and bickering. WS is more mature. :)

It's getting pretty disappointing here as well. I will be leaving for Europe next wk for almost a month. I think that's a good thing.

It's getting pretty disappointing here as well. I will be leaving for Europe next wk for almost a month. I think that's a good thing.

Sorry you feel that way. We do the best we can but I guess if it doesn't work for you then I don't know what to say.

Have fun in Europe.

I think we should leave the "rants" up. Only because we need some release, for the time being anyway. But, that doesn't give you license to go off the deep end and become rude and mean.

IF anyone feels they have been attacked on a thread please hit the alert button or email me at tgrif@xmission.com

This is not allowed. Attacks will be dealt with very quickly.

Thanks,
Tricia
Thanks Tricia.
Just to clarify for eveyone the Rants thread is to rant about the CASE ONLY.. not about moderators or fellow posters. It is so people can blow off steam about this case and not clog up the threads. i think it has worked pretty well.

Be safe LeLe and have a great trip.

Thank you so much Tricia! I have found myself "falling off the sleuthing

wagon" at times. With all the "hoopla" surrounding this case, it is very easy to

let one's emotions get the better of them.

But, of course, that is why we have you dear! You keep us reeled in and on

the straight and narrow! :)

Hiyas Tricia....and Thank you!

Your PM box was full so I sent you an email via WS..... Hope you got it.
Also hoping all is well with you and yours.

Be safe LeLe and have a great trip.

Thank you:) We will, we leave next wk, I will be gone until right before Christmas. Going to go over for the birth of our 3rd grandson who by some miracle ( lots of WS prayers) is making it to his due date.

Caylee A is what brought me to WS. I lurked before I ever registered.
But, I have not posted much on this forum because of the sniping that goes on, at times. It is like listening to people yell, think Jerry Springer.
I understand people get riled up. They do because they care, or they would not be on this forum for Caylee A.
So, it is great that this thread is available for venting.
Nice that all that intense energy will be put to the best use, sleuthing clues to bring Caylee's murderer to justice.

When peoples' passions are high and opinions are conflicting, the ol' snark bug seems to jump right in and take over the keyboard. . .

Thank you, Tricia, for your insightful and timely reminder. I feel both rescued and warned -- so your counsel was perfect!

Sorry you feel that way. We do the best we can but I guess if it doesn't work for you then I don't know what to say.

Have fun in Europe.

:blowkiss: I think you all do an awsome job Tricia, We are all human and yes emotions can run high, Ive noticed that if things get out of hand you and the mods are quik to put a stop to it, I also notice that you all are very reasonable and put your heart into WS so we all can have a nice message board to post on, for that I thank you I enjoy reading and posting here

Huggz Poppy

Thank you Tricia - I am a newbie here and I do not post much. It seems each time I post, the same person finds something negative to say about my point of view. I came here for Caylee, like everyone else...let's get back to basics and remember what we're here for.

Besides, it wouldn't be much of a forum if people stop posting due to being attacked....what a shock it was to me to be slammed for no reason. Let's play nice everyone!

Please tell me this also includes the snarky comments about EVERYTHING posted about casey and the family.

Seriously, everytime there's a "casey said..." or "cindy did..." post, the entire thing is filled with hatred and mean comments. Where has the love for facts gone? Why is this becoming a gossip bashfest?

I really don't want to open a post to have to then read and weed out the factual important replies from the "just when i thought i couldn't hate her more" or "this is such a circus" or "cindy just needs to shut her mouth".

SLEUTH! please. that's what brought so many people here to begin with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back