South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you thinking she didn't kill herself? Or that they are just hiding some gruesome aspect of it?

I didn't think any of these kids were necessarily well connected. Any kind of cover up would have to have been from the very instant she was found, which seems rather difficult.

Hey Andy! :Welcome-12-june: Good to see you with us...

A friendly heads up...something's funky with your link. It seems to be broken, page doesn't exist?

"FORMER TEACHER SPEAKS"
Shock and sadness still run deep in the Prince's hometown in Ireland, where Phoebe lived prior to moving to Massachusetts last summer. Her former teacher, Breege Queally, said Prince was an outstanding student, and never had any problems with her classmates.

"She was self-motivated...very, very, very creative. Loved to achieve...and had no problems with the other girls or boys
," Quaelly said.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO139595/

also better video of Ashley...

This post is amazing to me. Because Mulveyhill set up at church, knew his hymns, and volunteered for Palin, we should all just stop being so hard on Sean...or so this so-called friend says...seems this person is trying to make it political, liberal vs republican, I guess...

To me, this is about right and wrong. And I, too, AM a Christian.

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/rnr/1683507749.html

Been following that off and on for the past week or so. You've gotta mine pretty deep to find interesting stuff... did you spot something in particular?
I posted the link to one...and I'm still reading.

This post is amazing to me. Because Mulveyhill set up at church, knew his hymns, and volunteered for Palin, we should all just stop being so hard on Sean...or so this so-called friend says...seems this person is trying to make it political, liberal vs republican, I guess...

To me, this is about right and wrong. And I, too, AM a Christian.

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/rnr/1683507749.html

I've seen people bringing politics into this more than once and it makes no sense to me. What difference does it make what political party these kids volunteer for or who the current president is? What they did is horrendous either way. I'm guessing that if he volunteered for Obama it would be "well, he did volunteer for Obama so we must have known something was off with him". oy, give me a break. This is not what this is about at all. A young girl lost her life and I personally feel the actions of these 6 individuals played an enormous part in that. Even if she did have other troubles that we don't know about, and I'm not saying she did or didn't, the torment and harassment she endured from these 6 upstanding individuals are what pushed her over the edge.

Saying she did super-great in Ireland and never had any problems there doesn't exactly jive with the claims that her relative warned the school she was prone to being bullied.

The interview with the teacher in Ireland shows a very tiny school. I have read in a couple of places that Phoebe had attended the Villiers boarding school for a couple of years, but was pulled out (no reason given in what I read) and put in the school where her mom worked.

Then they moved to the US.

If there were "reasons" she was pulled out of the boarding school, she may not have been at this smaller one long enough for them to come up, or being in school where her mother was may have helped prevent them.

Edited to add: I read this before I was following closely enough to copy links and such, so I appologize for not being able to link where I got this from.

I've seen people bringing politics into this more than once and it makes no sense to me. What difference does it make what political party these kids volunteer for or who the current president is? What they did is horrendous either way. I'm guessing that if he volunteered for Obama it would be "well, he did volunteer for Obama so we must have known something was off with him". oy, give me a break. This is not what this is about at all. A young girl lost her life and I personally feel the actions of these 6 individuals played an enormous part in that. Even if she did have other troubles that we don't know about, and I'm not saying she did or didn't, the torment and harassment she endured from these 6 upstanding individuals are what pushed her over the edge.

People are just looking for excuses to fight, and doing this is a real easy way to cause trouble and blame things on people they don't like.

The interview with the teacher in Ireland shows a very tiny school. I have read in a couple of places that Phoebe had attended the Villiers boarding school for a couple of years, but was pulled out (no reason given in what I read) and put in the school where her mom worked.

Then they moved to the US.

If there were "reasons" she was pulled out of the boarding school, she may not have been at this smaller one long enough for them to come up, or being in school where her mother was may have helped prevent them.

Edited to add: I read this before I was following closely enough to copy links and such, so I appologize for not being able to link where I got this from.

Good point. Because based on the claims that her relative warned the school Phoebe was prone to be bullied I imagine she did have issues with being bullied back in Ireland at some point of time.

From the U.K.
"School ignored plea for help from suicide girl Phoebe Prince"
"On her final day Phoebe faced a torrent of abuse on three separate occasions: in the school library, in the school auditorium at the end of the school day and on her way home.

As she walked home one of the teenage defendants allegedly threw an empty can of Monster Drink at her from a passing car and yelled “Wh*re”.

Ms Prince’s family has moved out of the area since Phoebe was found hanging by a scarf over the staircase at their home by her 12-year-old sister.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article7093729.ece

Sorry just clicked on link and it doesn't appear to work, not sure why but if you go to WWLP.com site you will see it there

Saying she did super-great in Ireland and never had any problems there doesn't exactly jive with the claims that her relative warned the school she was prone to being bullied.
Maybe she was a sensitive kid, one who may have been picked on before...but it doesn't mean she was necessarily a wreck because of it. Maybe in a controlled classroom, there weren't problems. O'Brien did say the problems she had were nothing to this degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77