2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope JA can tear this guy apart on cross. But without looking angry and over the top. I see we will have Haskell back again.

So expects he would find hundreds of flies. Do we know that ICA did not clean the car of flies every day? And that CA did not vacuum up many flies on July 15?

That's what I think she did, that's the reason OCPD took the vacuums from the A's house.

Before he took the stand, how long did JB say this witness was going to take?

11:39 - Jury back

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF DR. HUNTINGTON BY JB:

Witness going bak to easel. Defense's Exhibit AY - stain resulting from decomp fluid. As things decompose - the photo shows a particular corner of his study vehicle trunk. This shows a typical scenario of insect movement and decompositional processes in a trunk. This is Day 11. Photo shows numerous maggots moving away from the remains. Corner shows pupated maggots that a burrowing under the trunk liner and into the carpet. Also shows dead flies and decompositional ring that comes from the body. A portion trails away - maggots pull the fluid with them as they leave the body. Decomp fluid will kill grass in outside situations. He did not think you could wipe it up with paper towels. Fluid is very greasy and sticky. He did not even think professional cleaners could get it out. Carpets at scenes are removed and destroyed. An example....

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED.

Give us some examples.

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED.

Can you give relavent example.

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED.

Can you give helpful example

OBJECTION -

Can you give an example of a stain in the trunk of a car? The reason...

OBJECTION - OVERRULED.

These cars were used because there was never going to be another use for these vehicles. The owner gave me these vehicles....

OBJECTION - HHJBP - just talk about the stain. Let's get to the point.

What else did you learn in your study?

What I found was the barrier in the trunk poses very little barrier to the insects that colonize bodies. The blow flies that show up very quickly act very similar to the way people might with their own food - they are very picky. The flies will only colonize a body for a very short period of time. They gained access to the vehicle rapidly after death, within a day or so.

In this case, there were no early colonizers found in the trunk of the car. A leg similar to a blow fly was found by Dr. Haskel in the garbage bag. In his opinion, one leg does not mean anything. They could probably find one in this courtroom. Assuming there is a body in a car trunk, there will be many....

OBJECTION - OVERRULED.

If we assume there is a body in a car trunk, you would expect to find hundreds if not thousands of these adult blow flies. They have 6 legs each. A fly does not enter a closed container, lose a leg, then leave. He would expect to find hundreds, if not thousands of insects not only in the trunk, but in the passenger compartment as well. Their presence is to be expected in a bag of garbage. They are the sort of insects you would expect to find in your garbage.

Because these insects are so small, they don't require much food. He has seen hundreds emerge from a very small piece of material. The numbers in the trash bag are not remarkable.

11:55 Lunch recess until 1:30

After listening to Dr. Huntington, I do believe he has wandered in to testify at the wrong trial. He doesn't seem to be talking about this one at all.

WTF? Was that smirk on JB after he said it would be a good time for lunch?

"This would be a good time for a break"

He needs texted advice how to proceed.

And since CM joined the defense, he can pretty much wander around the courtroom making snide comments all day long and HHJP lets it go...or laughs with him.

Maybe the judge was taught to respect his elders....regardless.

I know I am usually against knocking Casey for her supposed "flirting" or how she dresses, etc.

BUT:

Do you think she's found a new love interest? Going in for the kill? Is he her Knight in shining armour?

Attachments

• Interest.JPG
    Interest.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 124
<<<<<<<<<< Side Bar Thread >>>>>>

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139975"]2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

You would need a power washer from what I'm hearing about this stuff.
Once it's there it's not going away! :crazy:
His testimony that it cannot be cleaned up is patently false. Imagine if someone dies in a house. Do you think they are going to abandon the house or burn it down? What about a million dollar house? Nadda. There are ways to clean it up -- like with gasoline as a solvent.

What happened to 1/2 hour of testimony?

I think Cindy admitted she cleaned some 'debris' out of the trunk and sprayed a whole bottle of Febreeze. Unfortunately if she hadn't done that there probably would be a ton more hairs showing decomp and more decomp material...etc. One thing she couldn't eliminate was the stain and the smell though.. and that one little hair that remained.

Yeah, I think she "thoroughly cleaned" that trunk.

I thought they weren't allowed to say 'garbage'. Just 'trash'.

I thought there was no food type garbage in the trunk. Just paper products, cans, etc. WTH?

thats what i thought

only trash paper and plastic...

the paper towels had the decomp

I hope JA destroys this witness on cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong