NC - 8 Murders in One Week for NC Town

Kymistry35

It's never to late to be who you could have been
Reaction score
Website
bringushome.19.forumer.com
http://www.charlotte.com/112/story/425420.html

Day by day | A deadly week

Police investigated eight suspicious deaths in the last week. Seven were deemed homicides. Officers are awaiting autopsy results in the eighth case -- a body found in woods in south Charlotte.
Sunday
Officers found Moises Aquilar stabbed to death at 2420 Julia Ave. in northern Charlotte. He was pronounced dead at the scene and a warrant was issued for Raymundo Castaneda, 29, who lived in a nearby apartment. Castaneda had not been apprehended by late Saturday.
Monday
Officers got calls about shots fired in the area of 2732 Old Steele Creek Road at about 10:30 p.m. They arrived to find 27-year-old Id Jenkins outside a house in his vehicle with several gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Tuesday
At 12:05 Christmas morning, officers responding to a shooting call at 1030 Tara Lane, in the Somerset Apartments complex found Santiago Amaro near an apartment building with several gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators have not released the name of a suspect.
Thursday
Kellie S. Owens was found dead inside her home on Meadow Vista Road. Her 2-year-old daughter was found beside her. No suspect has been named..
Friday
Tracey Albert McKenzie was found shot to death inside his home at 4717 Potters Glen Road. McKenzie's cousin, Malik Barcel James, was charged with murder.
Saturday
Friends found the bodies of two men inside a home on Weyland Avenue, just off Wilkinson Boulevard at about 10:30 a.m. Officers are investigating the case as a double homicide. They say one of the victims lived in the home.

http://www.charlotte.com/112/story/425420.html

Day by day | A deadly week

Police investigated eight suspicious deaths in the last week. Seven were deemed homicides. Officers are awaiting autopsy results in the eighth case -- a body found in woods in south Charlotte.
Sunday
Officers found Moises Aquilar stabbed to death at 2420 Julia Ave. in northern Charlotte. He was pronounced dead at the scene and a warrant was issued for Raymundo Castaneda, 29, who lived in a nearby apartment. Castaneda had not been apprehended by late Saturday.
Monday
Officers got calls about shots fired in the area of 2732 Old Steele Creek Road at about 10:30 p.m. They arrived to find 27-year-old Id Jenkins outside a house in his vehicle with several gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Tuesday
At 12:05 Christmas morning, officers responding to a shooting call at 1030 Tara Lane, in the Somerset Apartments complex found Santiago Amaro near an apartment building with several gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators have not released the name of a suspect.
Thursday
Kellie S. Owens was found dead inside her home on Meadow Vista Road. Her 2-year-old daughter was found beside her. No suspect has been named..
Friday
Tracey Albert McKenzie was found shot to death inside his home at 4717 Potters Glen Road. McKenzie's cousin, Malik Barcel James, was charged with murder.
Saturday
Friends found the bodies of two men inside a home on Weyland Avenue, just off Wilkinson Boulevard at about 10:30 a.m. Officers are investigating the case as a double homicide. They say one of the victims lived in the home.

Teon:

I'm asking this assuming you live near CLT and have an insider's purview; anything linking some of these together, i.e. location, gangs, nationality?

That's a lot of killin's for a week in a moderate sized town.

Crypto6

I actually live on the other side of NC. But I agree that it is a lot of murders for one place. I wonder if they could be gang related?

I don't know if the killings are gang related or not but that many murders in one week, in close proximity must be related.

Geez, we actually went there and looked at some property south of Charlotte. No way now I would even consider moving there. I don't know what kind of issues are going on there, but no thanks.
TY for the heads up.

Geez, we actually went there and looked at some property south of Charlotte. No way now I would even consider moving there. I don't know what kind of issues are going on there, but no thanks.
TY for the heads up.
BB:

Charlotte is like the Orlando of NC; keep away. However, there are lots of amazing idyllic areas in NC or SC. Look around Boone or Asheville and you’ll find what you are seeking. Some friends are building in the Boone area, very exciting. These areas are a 40 minute drive for me and we go for dinner or just the mountain drive.

Here’s a ritzy $ite, but there are real values close by, with costs surprisingly low by South Florida standards:

Hound Ears

Crypto6

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member