NY-Long Island-Four bodies found on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just interviewed Shannon Gilberts mom and sister on NY abc news.

SG made a frantic 911 call which lasted 23 minutes. She was yelling get away from me, get away from me and frantically knocking on peoples doors for help. Her family says she was basically running away from him, screaming he is going to kill me. She named her attacker. The family said she met a man on craigs list at the beach on Long Island. They said police met with the man, he has taken a LDT and ITS NOT THE MAN SHE NAMED AS HER ATTACKER.

Geez...Im trying to find the link.

OK its up..http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/northern_suburbs&id=7843812

I grew up on Long Island and spent most days at Jones Beach during summer vacations — a public beach located West of Robert Moses State Park and Oak Beach. In my late 20s, I used to drive on Ocean Parkway quite frequently to get to my boyfriend's apartment. It is a beautiful drive, but in some areas is quite desolate. I remember seeing the occasional cyclist on the road, but IMO very few people would ever walk it, especially in the areas away from the beach homes. I hate to say this, but it actually is a good place to dump bodies as they would not be noticed very easily.

Oh boy is NG going to let LE have it. Why did it take 8 months to search for her?

Yeah, makes ya wonder...and no telling what people told LE...just like her 'driver' saying she ran away "delirious"

Shannon Maria Gilbert, the missing Jersey City woman who may be one of the four decomposing bodies found in Oak Beach, Long Island, was last seen by her "driver'' in the beach town acting "delirious" and running away, according to the missing persons report filed in May.

"She was visiting a 'client' whom she met through Craigslist and ... refused to leave the 'client's' residence,'' the flier with two photos of her states.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2010/12/missing_jersey_city_woman_shan.html

Also, JVM is discussing this case & a few minutes ago, a TH mentioned something about 4 bodies found at Sag Harbor.

Anybody know anything about that? Is he talking about the body parts that were washing up on the shore a while back?

Another unsolved similiar serial crime spree:
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytona_Beach_killer[/ame]

I saw that story, crazy stuff! They probably used the Parkway to get in and out quickly. If it was a serial killer and not organized crime, or it could be both, I'm sure they're very familiar with the area. Don't be surprised if more bodies turn up.

Yeah, makes ya wonder...and no telling what people told LE...just like her 'driver' saying she ran away "delirious"

Shannon Maria Gilbert, the missing Jersey City woman who may be one of the four decomposing bodies found in Oak Beach, Long Island, was last seen by her "driver'' in the beach town acting "delirious" and running away, according to the missing persons report filed in May.

"She was visiting a 'client' whom she met through Craigslist and ... refused to leave the 'client's' residence,'' the flier with two photos of her states.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2010/12/missing_jersey_city_woman_shan.html

Also, JVM is discussing this case & a few minutes ago, a TH mentioned something about 4 bodies found at Sag Harbor.

Anybody know anything about that? Is he talking about the body parts that were washing up on the shore a while back?

Its Egg Harbor where they found 4 female prostitutes dead.

It was posted on the 1st page.

Four Women Found Dead Behind Motel Outside Atlantic City

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,230938,00.html#ixzz188VdWnJ9

This sounds so much like New Mexico, where the remains of 13 women were found in one area a few years ago. All of them (except possibly one) had prostitution arrests and no one has been charged with the murders. Part of the problem in trying to figure out who could be the killer is that some of the women were not reported missing by families until they had been gone for months and some not at all.

NY/NJ should contact NM...maybe the killer out here went east...

Also, the police probably don't take missing prostitutes reports as seriously as those by people with families. They're the prime targets for serial killers for that reason.

Some say that if they actually legalized prostitution and had bordello houses, that might at least protect some of them from harm. Then again, there will always be a few who will stay outside of the system, and they might end up being targeted.

I think we have someone who visits resort areas murdering these girls. I would be willing to bet he has moved into a new area.

I'm going with a local serial killer.

Burlap makes me think of corn. Usually corn is delivered in burlap bags to farmstands and grocery stores in summer.

Also, on the other side of Robert Moses Causeway is Captree State Park, where fishing boats can be hired. I have seen clams in burlap-type bags.

What's weird about the Fire Island tie-in to Shannon is that to get to a home on Fire Island from the spot where the bodies were found is not easy. You need a boat, either personal or ferry, to get to residential Fire Island.

"Jersey City woman who may be one of the four decomposing bodies found in Oak Beach, Long Island, was last seen by her "driver'' in the beach town acting "delirious" and running away, according to the missing persons report filed in May.

There are no cars in the residential areas of Fire Island!

Also, I read an article which stated Fire Island is a mile from the bodies' location. Fire Island *is* close by, but just the state park - Robert Moses.

Whoever it is probably lives inland.

NG's saying all 4 are women, but I heard earlier on her show that 3 were women.

by the Hampton's!! very rich area.....dark road........
burlap bags, more search for more bodies?
all on NG now

I am so not getting these stories!

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/northern_suburbs&id=7843812

However, the discovery comes almost 8 months after Gilbert's family say she made a frantic 911 call for help from the same location.

"Her last phone call was 21 minutes to 911, when she was grabbed and pulled into a truck, the police missed her by about 5," said Mari Gilbert, Shannon's mother.
"She was basically running away, trying to leave, and it was her going 'get away from me, get away from me', running and knocking on neighbor's doors," said Sherre Gilberg, Shannon's sister.
"Screaming, 'help me, help me, he's trying to kill me," Mari Gilbert said.

The "same location" is desolate. There are no houses unless you are in Gilgo which is west of where the bodies were found or Oak Beach which is east. Neither of which are on Fire Island.

Hmmm... wonder what led LE to that spot to look for her, particularly.

by the Hampton's!! very rich area.....dark road........
burlap bags, more search for more bodies?
all on NG now

TY

Its not near the Hamptons at all. Im trying to call her show. But I know yr just posting what she has on her show.

overbrush and snow but dog found body any way
dumped by car as it passed???
One girl could of been there for 2 years.
Killed somewhere else and dumped there by same person/
OMG did he go back and check on the others........500 feet apart

I am so not getting these stories!

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/northern_suburbs&id=7843812

However, the discovery comes almost 8 months after Gilbert's family say she made a frantic 911 call for help from the same location.

"Her last phone call was 21 minutes to 911, when she was grabbed and pulled into a truck, the police missed her by about 5," said Mari Gilbert, Shannon's mother.
"She was basically running away, trying to leave, and it was her going 'get away from me, get away from me', running and knocking on neighbor's doors," said Sherre Gilberg, Shannon's sister.
"Screaming, 'help me, help me, he's trying to kill me," Mari Gilbert said.

The "same location" is desolate. There are no houses unless you are in Gilgo which is west of where the bodies were found or Oak Beach which is east. Neither of which are on Fire Island.

Hmmm... wonder what led LE to that spot to look for her, particularly.

FWIW, NG said that a LEO was out walking his dog and the dog found the first set of remains.

I'd read elsewhere (will have to find that info) that the LEO was out training his dog.

Haven't read that LE targeted this spot purposely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82