Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not agree that this happens in courtrooms every day? Lawyers take words completely out of context or leave out known facts to get the answer they want from the witness. It is one of the reasons for yes or no questions and not allowing answers past that.

Reading the transcripts it's evident that is not the case in Italian court.

Please quote my entire post, you are doing what lawyers do and attempting to trap me in my words by not quoting everything I said.

I answered this question in my post. IMO

You only wrote it was 88 seconds long. Is this all of the reasons for her to remember it?

It's a lawyers job, as it was Amanda's lawyers job to object or to attempt to rehab her on this when it was their turn. .

In your mind, the outcome of a trial is only depended if the lawyer makes a good or bad job.

Is it justice?

NO

It's a great mystery with this phone call.

On trial Mrs Knox didn't remember a phone call at 12:00 and also the logs of the phone calls doesn't contain a call to her mother at 12:00. The first phone call to her mother was taken at 12:47 after the broken window was discovered.

My theory: The "first" phone call was fiction.
Well, her mother did recall it in a recorded jail conversation. So there was NO record of this first call having been made? Didn't the prosecution say to Knox on cross-examination that they did have such a record? This is the case of the disappearing facts and evidence.....I can't keep up with all these changes.
Otto, help? :(

Reading the transcripts it's evident that is not the case in Italian court.

You are right but it doesn't change the point I was making about lawyers getting answers from witnesses. I gave that as an example.

In your mind, the outcome of a trial is only depended if the lawyer makes a good or bad job.

Is it justice?

NO

Did I say that? We are discussing ONE thing, did I also say I don't think this call makes her guilty?

You are right but it doesn't change the point I was making about lawyers getting answers from witnesses. I gave that as an example.

In theory a prosecutor in Italian court is there to find the truth, not to win the conviction by tricks and falsehoods.

Of course you're right that the latter took place in Massei's court, unfortunately.

Thanks. People do this? Hard to believe considering the phone records have been posted online for years.

I remember Comodi and Massei introduced a lot of confusion by stating the phone call took place exactly at 12:00 and asking Amanda to hypothesize about it's contents.
When we know the correct time it clarifies a lot because it places the call in the context of unfolding events.

I see, so you think Amanda would "recall better" if she knew the call was at precisely 12:47 pm, rather than say.....12:31pm?

If she has such a good memory that she can recall things according to what minute of the hour if occurred, then please elaborate as to why she couldn't remember the contents of her "first phone call" with her mother?

Well, her mother did recall it in a recorded jail conversation. So there was NO record of this first call having been made? Didn't the prosecution say to Knox on cross-examination that they did have such a record? This is the case of the disappearing facts and evidence.....I can't keep up with all these changes.

It's quite simple. There never was any 12:00 call to Seattle. There is no record of it and the prosecution presented no such record.

When Comodi said that she has a record of such call she wasn't being truthful.

I see, so you think Amanda would "recall better" if she knew the call was at precisely 12:47 pm, rather than say.....12:31pm?
Not at all, I'm afraid you misunderstood my post.

You only wrote it was 88 seconds long. Is this all of the reasons for her to remember it?

This is my answer

The 12:47 call to Edda was 88secs long, amanda has no memory of making it.

Her testimony is her first call was to tell Edda about Meredith being discovered. This is not true.

I think it's abnormal that amanda has no memory of the call and her mother questioned her about it too.

You obviously think it's normal and I disagree, it's ok we can agree to disagree.

SMK, you have seen the list of the phone calls many times on here, I'm sure. You know there were phone calls to her mother.

First phone call means the FIRST phone call to her mother from that list of phone calls.

As in, if you make a separate list of Amanda's calls during that day of calls ONLY to her mother......and then you take the FIRST call off of that "mother call" list.

I don't see what is so complicated about this.

And Amanda should not have been confused as to what the meaning of the word FIRST is. Unless people now claim that she didn't know English either.

Is this a "translation" issue? Did Amanda need an English translator to translate the meaning of the word FIRST for her in her own language??

I see now that the whole "Amanda didn't speak Italian" argument is just EXCUSES because I see now that people are also claiming that she didn't speak English, either.

Do you not agree that this happens in courtrooms every day? Lawyers take words completely out of context or leave out known facts to get the answer they want from the witness. It is one of the reasons for yes or no questions and not allowing answers past that.
What Comodi did went a step further and actually misstated the time of the call. In addition, does anyone believe that Comodi was unaware that on that date the time difference between Perugia and Seattle was 8, not 9, hours? I don't; Comodi went beyond what an honest lawyer would do, not once but twice.

Also, there is only disappearing facts and evidence if people are allowed to delete or distort those facts and that evidence.

What Comodi did went a step further and actually misstated the time of the call. Does anyone seriously believe that Comodi was unaware that on that date the time difference between Perugia and Seattle was 8, not 9, hours? Comodi went beyond what an honest lawyer would do.

I disagree with you. I think as I've said that IF she had memory of the FIRST call she could've easily corrected MC.

Is it not true that amanda Testified that her FIRST call was to tell her mother about Meredith being discovered? Was that the 12:47 call?

I love that amanda having no memory of first call is the prosecutors fault...that is the problem with this whole case. It's always someone else's fault, never amanda herself.

This is my answer

The 12:47 call to Edda was 88secs long, amanda has no memory of making it.

Her testimony is her first call was to tell Edda about Meredith being discovered. This is not true.

I think it's abnormal that amanda has no memory of the call and her mother questioned her about it too.

You obviously think it's normal and I disagree, it's ok we can agree to disagree.

Thank you. Amanda made a lot of phone calls in the short succession before the discovery of the body. She made a lot of calls after it. many of them were with her mother and the family in Seattle and elsewhere. Add to that the obvious shock and stress from the events.
It is normal she wouldn't recall all of it perfectly many weeks later. When her mother asked her about it she was in jail and had a lot of troubles on her head.

When Comodi asked it it was two years after the events. The more reasons not to remember.

That's my position, we can agree to disagree :)

In theory a prosecutor in Italian court is there to find the truth, not to win the conviction by tricks and falsehoods.

Of course you're right that the latter took place in Massei's court, unfortunately.

It's the truth for the CITIZENS, not the truth according to whatever the suspect wants us to believe is the truth.

Not at all, I'm afraid you misunderstood my post.

I think I understood it fine. You were saying that if Amanda knew the exact time when the FIRST phone call was made, she could have remembered the phone call and thus apparently the contents.

It's the truth for the CITIZENS, not the truth according to whatever the suspect wants us to believe is the truth.

By this standard Comodi fails as well. It was objectively a falsehood when she stated she had a record of a 12:00 phone call.

I think I understood it fine. You were saying that if Amanda knew the exact time when the FIRST phone call was made, she could have remembered the phone call and thus apparently the contents.
Not at all. I think there is some confusion here. Maybe someone else said it, not me. This is the post I wrote and you replied to:

Thanks. People do this? Hard to believe considering the phone records have been posted online for years.

I remember Comodi and Massei introduced a lot of confusion by stating the phone call took place exactly at 12:00 and asking Amanda to hypothesize about it's contents.
When we know the correct time it clarifies a lot because it places the call in the context of unfolding events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77