Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets try this again

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/images/c/c9/AMANDA_KNOX_TRIAL_TESTIMONYtranscript.pdf

Page 188

For the testimony where she says she only knew Meredith a month and moving on with own life.

whoa...that is not a real trial transcript. I haven't followed this case much but have been reading recently and THIS is what's posted?

~snip from the "transcript"

The following transcript is based on an interpretation of
the trial testimony of Amanda Knox done by Thoughtful from video
and audio recordings and posted on perugiamurderfile.org.
References to video and audio sources, and some descriptive
material has been eliminated, and a few words have been
translated differently. The purpose of doing this is to create a
transcipt similar to those common to US legal proceedings to
permit specific page and line references analysis or discussion
of her testimony.

Okay - here's the deal guys - continuing to argue over this is NOT going to be allowed. We have to use what is available. If you feel you have a better or different translation - please LINK it. I have not been able to find one.

Also - I have not been able to find an unbiased site that is providing any translations. All translations have been done by one side or the other, so they are all suspect to some extent. We have to deal with that. You can certainly compare and contrast the different documents - BUT just arguing is tedious and won't be allowed. If you have no faith in the translation, but cannot provide a link to a different translation - then SCROLL AND ROLL.

If you have questions, contact one of the mods by way of PM. Harmony2 and Coldpizza are the main mods for this case.

Thanks,

Salem

Hmm.. I'm on a mobile device at the moment have to see if I can figure out what went on when I gat back to a full computer. It is an article on the BBC site, Sept 28 2011.
well, it was asserted in different articles, that Maresca's showing of the 8 x 8 foot photos came as a complete shock to those within the court.

well, it was asserted in different articles, that Maresca's showing of the 8 x 8 foot photos came as a complete shock to those within the court.

I'm confused about this discussion. Is the concern that people, that were in the courtroom to watch the trial, were unprepared for the possibility that crime scene photos would be displayed during a murder trial? I don't understand why anyone would be surprised that crime scene photos would be part of the trial evidence.

I'm confused about this discussion. Is the concern that people, that were in the courtroom to watch the trial, were unprepared for the possibility that crime scene photos would be displayed during a murder trial? I don't understand why anyone would be surprised that crime scene photos would be part of the trial evidence.
I don't really, either. I did try to offer a rationale for Maresca's action in a post further up.

A friend of mine who is convinced of Knox's innocence just referred me to this piece (Aug 2013) from the Los Angeles Review of Books, which contains the absolute disputing of all the forensic evidence in the case against Knox and Sollecito.

Asserted also is that the case against Knox is purely psychological, with evidence not mattering to the prosecution.

I think this article is representative of most Americans' view of the case, and it's clear that if the convictions are upheld, more pieces of this kind will appear to decry the travesty.

I wonder why it is, if these points can be refuted empirically, that no counter-pieces have been run in mainstream publications, disputing these points?

Barbie Nadeau, the author of Angel Face: Sex, Murder, and the Inside Story of Amanda Knox (2010), on the other hand, is certain Knox did it.

Her version corroborates the prosecution’s version of a sex game gone wrong, except that Nadeau believes that Knox and Sollecito, rather than seeking revenge on Kercher for her too-serious ways, were in the house to do a drug deal with Guede and simply got so high that they “lost touch with their own rational selves.” Nadeau speculates that Sollecito’s history of experimentation with drugs (mostly just hash, but also some cocaine and acid) could’ve made for a dangerous combination with Knox’s familiarity with “hard A” from the University of Washington party scene. “By sharing their knowledge, two experienced thrill seekers could have found a way to get higher than ever — with lethal consequences.”

The problem, however, is that this story relies on evidence that has long ago been debunked. Nadeau refers to the bloodspots outside Meredith’s room that were described at one time as containing Kercher and Knox’s “mixed” DNA. That Knox’s DNA would be mixed with Meredith’s blood wouldn’t be surprising, given that they lived in the house together. But the prosecutors presented this mixed DNA as something that could only happen if Knox’s blood were mixed with Kercher’s blood. Nadeau lets this misrepresentation stand and she does the same thing with the footprints in the hallway. There were two small bare footprints outside Kercher’s room that were once thought to have been Knox’s, and to have been left in blood; a chemical called luminol detects the possibility of cleaned-up blood and the use of this chemical uncovered these footprints. But luminol only indicates the possibility of cleaned-up blood rather than the certainty of it; it reacts with a number of other substances, including rust, urine, and the bleach in the bleach-based cleaning product Knox and Kercher used on their floors. Follow-up tests with tetramethylbenzidine came up negative for blood on these footprints, but Nadeau doesn’t mention this.

None of the hard evidence the prosecution presented to tie Knox and Sollecito to the crime scene survived the appeals trial.[1] The real reasons they remained suspects were psychological: the prosecution pursued Knox based on their belief that she was inherently bad, and Sollecito based on their belief that he was her smitten lackey. They believed that behind Knox’s cold, unfeeling eyes lurked a soul given over to the will of the devil. Mignini, his assisting prosecutor Manuela Comodi, and the police felt as if they could see inside her, and their conviction about what they saw overruled a lack of evidence they dismissed as a low-level inconvenience, the earthly interference in a case built around the nature of Knox’s soul.

<modsnip>

http://lareviewofbooks.org/essay/on-being-off-the-case-of-amanda-knox

I didn't realize that I'd posted a snip from the fake transcript in a thread that was closing and I don't know how to bring posts over here. But I want to reiterate that I have NOT been following the case closely and I'm not sure how or why anyone would dispute that. The reason why I posted was because I was shocked that someone took the trouble to create a mock up of a trial transcript that totally appeared at first glance to be an actual trial transcript. When I glanced at it, I thought it was real. And if I had skipped right to the testimony, I never would have known it was just the typing of some random internet person who calls themselves Thoughtful. That is beyond bizarre, imo.

But doesn't the "other site" also have someone translating the transcripts for them?

I don't understand.

If they hadn't posted that "disclaimer," and then one word was left out or a couple of words were deleted due to having to fit on the page, then people would be up in arms and shouting out "how could they??! How could they??"

I see it as a technicality that they have to post that to let people know that a few words here and there might have been taken out or something might have been done to formatt the page correctly.

I don't think it's as big of a deal as it's been made out to be.

Also, the people on the other site would have had to do the same thing, in order to format it correctly.

It's ridiculous that it is being bashed because of where it is hosted. The actual trial is in Italian of course it isn't the actual transcript. It is translated. Please if we are going to accuse it of being inaccurate, take the time to compare two translations and point out the major flaws.

It was made simple to read in format but the testimony is the testimony.

If machine translations are used here and are by no means accurate then this one should be. It's way better than how a machine "interprets" the text.

Yes, exactly. There are many, many links on here to machine translations. And sometimes people just put up the link of the Italian version to back up their points, like we are supposed to be able to do anything with that. So therefore we have to use Google translate on it by necessity.

But doesn't the "other site" also have someone translating the transcripts for them?

I don't understand.

If they hadn't posted that "disclaimer," and then one word was left out or a couple of words were deleted due to having to fit on the page, then people would be up in arms and shouting out "how could they??! How could they??"

I see it as a technicality that they have to post that to let people know that a few words here and there might have been taken out or something might have been done to formatt the page correctly.

I don't think it's as big of a deal as it's been made out to be.

Also, the people on the other site would have had to do the same thing, in order to format it correctly.

I didn't intend to make a big deal out of it OR argue about it. I honestly didn't know it would cause a big to do. I have just been reading along a little bit in this thread recently and it surprised ME that it was what it was. I don't have any context for the feelings about it on this thread. I was just very surprised myself, for the reasons I mentioned in my prior posts. No agenda whatsoever.

Salem has said to drop it. So I have (not that I intended to pursue it further in the first place). But since your post was directed to me, I felt like I should respond. :seeya:

I didn't intend to make a big deal out of it OR argue about it. I honestly didn't know it would cause a big to do. I have just been reading along a little bit in this thread recently and it surprised ME that it was what it was. I don't have any context for the feelings about it on this thread. I was just very surprised myself, for the reasons I mentioned in my prior posts. No agenda whatsoever.

Salem has said to drop it. So I have (not that I intended to pursue it further in the first place). But since your post was directed to me, I felt like I should respond. :seeya:
Let's drop it, and all get along :D :loveyou:

Oh, sorry, just got to Salem's message that we are not allowed to discuss the issue with translations anymore, but I had already posted a couple about it.

So I'll stop now :)

Let's drop it, and all get along :D :loveyou:

My apologies...I always start from the back and work forward through the posts, so did not see Salem's message.

Didn't mean to dredge it back up :facepalm:

Oh, sorry, just got to Salem's message that we are not allowed to discuss the issue with translations anymore, but I had already posted a couple about it.

So I'll stop now :)
:great::great::dance::loveyou:

@ Karmady, I'm not going to quote your post here, but I thought this part was funny:

"I honestly didn't know it would cause a big to do."

Honey, everything causes a big to do on here!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My apologies...I always start from the back and work forward through the posts, so did not see Salem's message.

Didn't mean to dredge it back up :facepalm:
:yourock::takeabow::blowkiss:

@ Karmady, I'm not going to quote your post here, but I thought this part was funny:

"I honestly didn't know it would cause a big to do."

Honey, everything causes a big to do on here!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:laugh::laugh:

I listened to quite a bit of the Podcast. (Generation whY)

Amanda Knox. Nov. 2nd, 2007, In Perugia, Italy, Meredith Kercher, a British exchange student, was found murdered in her bedroom. Of her three roommates only one could not adequately explain her whereabouts the evening before the discovery of the body.

With mounting evidence against her, American exchange student Amanda Knox has still maintained her innocence and has amassed a large support base in the United States.

Did police in Italy botch the investigation? Or was Amanda Knox responsible for the death of her roommate? Join us as we wade through this controversial case.http://raasnio.com/GenerationWhyPodcast/amanda-knox/

It's refreshing to hear people who are not obsessed with the case, and more or less outside the loop, examine it with fresh eyes and from a common sense or lay perspective.

They speak of the Postal Police immediately seeing Filomena's room as staged. (and agree)

They also speak of Amanda's inconsistencies. (while viewing her I think liberally and giving her the benefit of the doubt)

They concede that Guede could have overpowered and killed Meredith as a lone wolf, but that the degree and kind of the injuries (the direction of the knife wounds as coming from 2 sources) seem to indicate others present and participating.

The 2 hosts appear to be leaning in their conclusions that Knox was involved in Kercher's murder.

Anyway, thanks Otto, for linking this :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members