Dark Minds Episode on the LISK airing 4/23

I think this is the first time (?) the time-out dolls have been confirmed as something other than a rumor.

The show also seemed to suggest, without saying so definitively, that they actually do have recordings of the voice of the killer from when he called Melissa Barthelemy's sister.

Most intriguing was the woman (was that really a woman?) who believes she knows a strong suspect. What set her apart from the many people who think that they know who the killer is?

I get the feeling that parts of this episode were designed to rattle somebody's cage. And if that woman is legit and she's possibly about to go in and listen to the voice recording of this guy? We'll see...

Yeah I think a few things lately have been to rattle someone's cage.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

I have heard about this. And if you go way way back in threads here it has been talked about.

On WS here someone actually brought it up and MBB's sister asked for people not to discuss the dolls. It stood out to me when I read it at the time because I never heard any more about it and no one talked about it any more. And I wasn't here at the time those post were made so I don't know if I missed any deleted post or anything so I've always wanted to know more myself.

I have a saved screenshot of a FB post dated Feb 29 2012 with a pic one of the dolls at MBB's memorial site, I think it was posted here at some point but deleted. Like you said, Gia, I remember the conversation on here being quickly squashed, I think we were still a public forum at the time, and the relatives had expressed that they didn't want us talking about the dolls (I don't think there was ever an explicit reason given as to why).

My jaw kinda dropped during the last ten minutes of Dark Minds last night with that anonymous interview, I was expecting the usual re-hashing of what we already know so it threw me for a loop. The dolls were always creepy to me, in any context, but especially in the context of being placed on the dump sites of four murder victims. I'm not sure how much I believe that the guy he/she was talking about is the killer but I certainly hope they're checking him out thoroughly.

All in all, for a show that I usually think is incredibly cheesy, I thought Dark Minds did a really good job on this case last night... I think they may have stirred something up.

I was disappointed that their profiler simply said the dolls are no smoking gun.
As true as that is, any idiot could have come to that conclusion.
But what are his THOUGHTS about the possibility that someone who would make the calls, would be the same type of person that would also leave other clues.

The cat is out of the bag now on the dolls, but there is MUCH more about this guy than the dolls. I know who they are talking about, but I'm worried about divulging too much, knowing he (whoever he is) is probably reading here and I'm unsure on LE 's roll in the information released in the show. I wonder if Toby is on to something and the mystery person is LE and they used the outlet to get a little more information out there. Whether this guy is the guy or not, it will renew some interest.

He worked in NYC until about the same time the girls stopped disappearing from the city, and disappearing on the Island.
The four victims in burlap all disappeared within 3 -5 miles of where he worked at the respective times.

He may have at one time, worked in Manorville also.

There have been other dolls left on the Parkway and I'm unsure why they were not included in the episode last night. Apparently, they didn't talk to EVERYONE that knows anything because I can't help but think they would have been included.

I've been dying all this time for those here to know about the dolls. A friend posted pics of them back on the day they were found and I always thought there was something to them. Especially since i know who said they knew where they came from, and I believe this person 100%.

I wonder what the Gilbert family thinks of the episode.

This is another reason I feel LE is responsible for a lot of the content of this episode. They have gone completely with LE on the theory of Shannan's death and also didn't bother mentioning how SCPD botched the entire event the morning she went missing. They failed Shannan Gilbert that morning, no matter how you look at it.

Also, they stopped short of giving an educated thought on the dolls. I'm curious why they didn't somehow get a recording of this person's voice and play it for the sister. Seems like an easy task.

Does anyone here think they have recordings of the calls to the sister ? Why wouldn't they have already played them for this person? That would be even easier than coming up with a recording to play for the sister, if they had it

I've been dying all this time for those here to know about the dolls. A friend posted pics of them back on the day they were found and I always thought there was something to them. Especially since i know who said they knew where they came from, and I believe this person 100%.

The dolls thing is very reminiscent of when the BTK left a cereal box at a memorial site of one of his victims with a mutilated Barbie doll inside it. Get it? Cereal killer? Same kind of lame sense of humor.

Meanwhile, I'd hate to be running a car repair shop in that area right about now.

You know what I find interesting on the link that Beach shared?

This investigative journalist speaks of thinking Megan Waterman could have been one of the bodies found in Manorville.
Doesn't that strike anyone since as far as we know, there have been no new, female bodies out there since Megan went missing?
have there been more bodies in Manorville, more recently, that we don't know about ?

They have gone completely with LE on the theory of Shannan's death and also didn't bother mentioning how SCPD botched the entire event the morning she went missing. They failed Shannan Gilbert that morning, no matter how you look at it.

In your opinion, how did the police botch things up on the morning SG went missing. As I see it, they responded to some(2)residents calling about a young women knocking on doors and found no young woman when they arrived. If they spoke to GC, who'd seen MP looking for SG, then assuming MP'd found her and left would be logical. They had no idea whatsoever about SG's own 911 call at that time.

Oh.. just thought of another one.

Never has LE released whether or not Megan had hr cell phone with her.

Last night, they said she left the room without her purse or phone.
There has been a lot os speculation early on as people tried to tie Shannan into the case beyond what LE was saying, that beyond the fact they were looking for Shannan when they found the bodies. A lot or RUMOR had it that the girls after Shannan were asked to now bring their phones. Amber didn't bring hers, because she was using someone else's and didn't have her own. She was sharing with her roommate.
Megan's own family hadn't been able to find out what was in her room. Where did Dark Minds get this information ? Was it rumor from one of the many locals they spoke to, or did LE leak this via this show ?

GC saw Shannan run into the marsh and she was running from the guy in the truck. They should have identified the vehicle and made sure she wasn't being kidnapped. A young woman, pounding on doors, asking for help, running from someone in a vehicle. She didn't run TO the vehicle, she ran from it.
'to protect and serve"

This guy has an obscure, non signed, remote and most likely , illegal shop.

Any reputable shop with proper signage is not this guy

Since not all of us were able to watch the episode, could someone who watched the show summarize it and the new information? Does anyone know if there is some place on line to see the show for free?

Since not all of us were able to watch the episode, could someone who watched the show summarize it and the new information? Does anyone know if there is some place on line to see the show for free?

I was thinking of starting a youtube channel with info on the case comprised all there because out of everything it seems like the LISK case once something airs it becomes near impossible to find. I remember that A&E documentary took forever for me to track down online.

I have the ability to cap video to upload it so I'll start working on it as I piece things together.

I have a saved screenshot of a FB post dated Feb 29 2012 with a pic one of the dolls at MBB's memorial site, I think it was posted here at some point but deleted. Like you said, Gia, I remember the conversation on here being quickly squashed, I think we were still a public forum at the time, and the relatives had expressed that they didn't want us talking about the dolls (I don't think there was ever an explicit reason given as to why).

My jaw kinda dropped during the last ten minutes of Dark Minds last night with that anonymous interview, I was expecting the usual re-hashing of what we already know so it threw me for a loop. The dolls were always creepy to me, in any context, but especially in the context of being placed on the dump sites of four murder victims. I'm not sure how much I believe that the guy he/she was talking about is the killer but I certainly hope they're checking him out thoroughly.

All in all, for a show that I usually think is incredibly cheesy, I thought Dark Minds did a really good job on this case last night... I think they may have stirred something up.

I think your right. There was never a real reason everyone was asked not to talk about it.

For me the fact it was a family member who asked us not to talk about them yet at the same time never denied that were dolls always made me made me believe that LE thinks they were placed there by the SK other wise what's the big deal if someone wanted to give the girls a gift and place something nice at their memorial site.

But if I remember right what triggered people was they were kinda creepy. I seen a picture once but it was so long ago I can't really remember all it.

And your also right about that being talked about before the was a privet form because that's how I was able to read everything.

And sense the dolls have now been outed can or will any one post a pic if they've got one.

I can't vouch that this will work, but it says you can watch the full episode here
http://openstreammovies.com/?cat=286

I believe it's airing again though. Check the listings, I'm sure it's on again

I only subscribe to basic cable, so no matter how many times the Dark Minds episode airs, I will not be able to see it. When I tried to download the Downstream website mentioned above, I received a warning from AVG that it contained a virus.

I've never added pictures before so I will try. I had to take quick pics from the saved DVR of Dark Minds that I have since I couldn't find the episode online yet to screencap. Apparently some locals saw them...I'm not a local though so if anyone has real pics that would be great. I also wasn't around when MBB sister asked not to speak about them so whoever said they have a screenshot of the doll from facebook if they could share now since it's out in the open that would be great.

Anyway..here's what I got.

Attachments

• Photo Apr 24, 3 39 41 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 24, 3 39 41 PM.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Photo Apr 24, 3 39 43 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 24, 3 39 43 PM.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Photo Apr 24, 3 40 14 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 24, 3 40 14 PM.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Photo Apr 24, 3 40 55 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 24, 3 40 55 PM.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Photo Apr 24, 3 40 22 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 24, 3 40 22 PM.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 161
And sense the dolls have now been outed can or will any one post a pic if they've got one.

If you google "timeout dolls" many websites will come up.

The fact that Dark Minds had pictures of all 4 dolls tells me they were given those pictures from law enforcement with permission to talk about them. Especially since the dolls until this point were rumors and MBB sister asked they not be discussed. That makes me think law enforcement was trying to keep it as little talked about as possible until now when they chose to plant the info.

I think that the dolls might have appeared innocent enough except for the red flag being the stuffing coming out of the dolls mouth in Amber's in such a crude manner. That to me was a sign that someone placed those dolls there without good intentions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back