MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been out of state for about a week, so I have catching up to do. Has the man's side of the story been told yet? (the one that was arrested for murder of Bella?)

If both RB and MM believed Bella was possessed, they could have been trying an exorcism on her. There have been other cases of children dying during exorcism from suffocation. I can post links if anyone is interested.

Going off the theory that RB (and possibly MM as well) used drugs to sedate Bella so she didn't interfere with their criminal lifestyle.... Maybe they used Benadryl to get her to sleep on a typical night...(Benadryl has the opposite effect on me but I know it makes most people sleepy). I was shocked at how many people use this on a somewhat regular basis to help put their kids to sleep when there's no medical indication for it. I was also shocked at how many young children I worked with told me stories about being put in the closet for punishment. How disturbing and traumatizing.

I would think any drugs like heroin whether accidentally or purposely ingested, would at least show up in a hair sample but maybe they are keeping that info confidential for now. I also don't think RB would waste her precious heroin on Bella unless it was used to intentionally overdose and kill her, when she had a somewhat safer (in her mind, although who knows how knowledgeable she is about dosages and children) and probably free medication she could use. RB had previously stated she is prescribed Klonopin. I would not be surprised if she gave that to Bella to help her sleep. This is a benzodiazepine that would show up in a hair test if not found in the other tox screens. In small doses it is relatively safe in adults as long as it's not mixed with other CNS depressants however I have no idea how safe it is for children and what dosage would be considered safe. I mentioned before that I have this medication for emergency panic attacks (airplane flights) and I keep it far away from where my kids can get it but if I don't even know the LD50 for this drug and the safe dose for young kids (if there is one) and I literally google everything, then I highly doubt RB knew this info either. I could seriously picture RB breaking these pills in halfs or quarters and giving them to Bella. I find that more likely than giving her heroin unless it was to purposely kill her or if Bella accidentally got into her stash.

In regards to theories that RB was drugging Bella to get her to sleep when she felt Bella was interfering with her criminal lifestyle, I would be more inclined to think RB would use the klonopin she says she was prescribed rather than use her precious heroin. Either way, it would show up in a toxicology test if she used klonopin and it's also illegal obviously.

So no one thinks that maybe JA was really trying to get his life in order before he appeared in his daughter's? Maybe I am an old softie, but I don't really think he is the fame seeking demon that some are making him out to be. I'm just saying that I know what it's like to have regrets and I think JA has tons of them...it does seem like he was making the effort, though. Too little, too late, I know...

His friend attempted a site for him trying to raise momey for some kind of help center JA would run. Not impressed except with the idea of a money scheme

Is a source the same as a witness? Because JA could be a source, but he could not be a witness, is that correct?

A source could be LE or anyone at the DA's office that shared part of RB's story (she is the witness).

His friend attempted a site for him trying to raise momey for some kind of help center JA would run. Not impressed except with the idea of a money scheme

I see that, now. Ugh. There I go again giving people the benefit of the doubt.

I would be more inclined to think RB would use the klonopin she says she was prescribed rather than use her precious heroin.

Good catch. Just playing devil's advocate here but klonopin is a benzodiazepine. It is possible that she tried it and it made Bella louder/more aggressive because it lowers inhibitions. I could see an upset 2 year old with no fear/inhibitions getting really unruly and loud when the goal was to quiet her down and make her sleep.

My vet warned me about the risks and side effects of lowered inhibitions when he prescribed valium for a couple of my dogs.

If RB was smoking heroin and blowing it into Bella's face/mouth it isn't exactly wasting it but recycling it.

Klonopin can also cause aggressive behavior, agitation, anxiety, excitability, hostility, irritability, nervousness, nightmares, sleep disturbances, and vivid dreams.

http://www.healthyplace.com/other-i...ions/klonopin-clonazepam-patient-information/

More on "everything we never knew about heroin".....

Anthrax contaminated heroin is another concern! They don't know if it is occurring naturally in the fields or if the drugs are cut with infected bone meal but apparently it is an ongoing problem and there is a public health campaign warning users in Europe. Certain forms of anthrax can kill in 1-4 days (though most people survive it).

Not saying that was the cause of death, but I doubt if they tested for it!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/bodyhorrors/2014/08/30/heroins-anthrax-problem/#.Vgr0YitMY1g

Exactly.

If she was not a heroin addict, the story could be believable...

I do not see any heroin addict trying to fight off someone who is going to inject them with the stuff they want and need so badly... Sad to say, that when an addict is as far gone as RB (IMO) heroin is above all the number one in her life and she would not turn it down, especially if it is in the syringe right in front of her, she just couldn't turn it away, she has no power to not do it.

I don't think a junkie would "waste" their heroin in a kid or dog either. I really doubt that Bella was ever given heroine

Okay, supposing we give RB the benefit of the doubt that MM went into Bella's room to quiet her. Did she find MM punching Bella in the stomach or standing over her on the mattress? The punching in the stomach doesn't jive with what we have been told from the beginning about Bella's body - no obvious signs of trauma.

Also, MM keeping RB hostage for 3 months doesn't make sense to me, NOR injecting her with heroin in the neck.

Plus storing Bella's body in the fridge for a month....

Somebody's lying.

Maybe Bella was terrified of MM. Maybe she was frozen with fear when MM came into her room to quiet her and he snuffed out her life with a pillow without much of a struggle.

I almost would believe that they were performing an exorcism on Bella and she died from suffocation that way more than I can believe the story that RB has presented us with currently.

The neighbors are backing up what MM is saying RB told him about DCF taking the child. I just find it hard to believe she was so afraid of this jerk that she didn't run away, call 911, tell a neighbor, tell a friend, physically go to the cops during all these months.

I don't think a junkie would "waste" their heroin in a kid or dog either. I really doubt that Bella was ever given heroine

But it's not wasting it... You inhale and when you exhale the smoke you do it in the kid's face or the dog's face or the parakeet's face or the cat's face. The neighbors stated they could smell the pot coming out of the apartment. Bella was breathing that too. And the dog. Yet, they went outside to smoke cigarettes...

I have been out of state for about a week, so I have catching up to do. Has the man's side of the story been told yet? (the one that was arrested for murder of Bella?)

McCarthy attorney, however, contests the account, saying his client thought Bella was in the state's custody, which is what the criminal complaint says he told police.

According to the complaint, police interviewed McCarthy on Friday, and he told them that Bond had said the state took Bella sometime around Easter. He didn't know the details, the complaint said, but he called Bond "a good mother" and described Bella's living conditions as "safe and appropriate."

When police told him that his story differed from Bond's, McCarthy said Bond might be trying to "save her own *advertiser censored*," denied having anything to do with Bella's death and requested a lawyer.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/21/us/boston-baby-doe-charges/

More on "everything we never knew about heroin".....

Anthrax contaminated heroin is another concern! They don't know if it is occurring naturally in the fields or if the drugs are cut with infected bone meal but apparently it is an ongoing problem and there is a public health campaign warning users in Europe. Certain forms of anthrax can kill in 1-4 days (though most people survive it).

Not saying that was the cause of death, but I doubt if they tested for it!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/bodyhorrors/2014/08/30/heroins-anthrax-problem/#.Vgr0YitMY1g

GOOD GRIEF!

"Salmonella-laced marijuana made headlines in the US several years ago. Strains of Clostridium have caused outbreaks of wound botulism and tetanus in users of black tar heroin (3). Pruno brewed in prison sometimes comes with a shot of botulinum toxin."

Anthrax! You think that would scare some users out of being users....

For more than 80 days, officials puzzled over the cause of the girl’s death. The official who relayed the mother’s allegations against her boyfriend said the medical examiner found no signs of external bruising or internal bleeding that would be consistent with blunt force to the victim’s stomach. But investigators are operating under the theory that McCarthy did something violent to the girl’s midsection in such a way that she was unable to breathe.

“There is confidence that what he did to her stomach area resulted in her loss of life,” the official said.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...orities-say/wLIDYWKmrIBZZgBExcWRsI/story.html

But it's not wasting it... You inhale and when you exhale the smoke you do it in the kid's face or the dog's face or the parakeet's face or the cat's face. The neighbors stated they could smell the pot coming out of the apartment. Bella was breathing that too. And the dog. Yet, they went outside to smoke cigarettes...

It's called "chasing the dragon" (the smoking heroin part) I saw a couple of movies about this.

Yeah, they went outside to smoke cigarettes. Guess they only wanted those getting high contaminants inside.

Neighbors in the six-apartment, low- and mixed-income building described Bella’s chaotic home life: Her mother often appeared impaired, staggering out of her unit to ask her upstairs neighbor for a phone or smoking on the back porch. They heard frequent screaming between adults in the unit, punctuated by Bella’s cries; the smell of marijuana often wafted out.

“She yelled at her a lot,” said Aileen Hermiz, 21, of Bond’s behavior toward her daughter.

No one had seen Bella in months, but they did not put her disappearance together with the highly publicized national search for the identity of the girl on the beach.

Hermiz, however, said Bond still wandered up to her apartment to use the phone or ask for her Wi-Fi password.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...orities-say/wLIDYWKmrIBZZgBExcWRsI/story.html

This is a benzodiazepine that would show up in a hair test if not found in the other tox screens. In small doses it is relatively safe in adults as long as it's not mixed with other CNS depressants however I have no idea how safe it is for children and what dosage would be considered safe. I mentioned before that I have this medication for emergency panic attacks (airplane flights) and I keep it far away from where my kids can get it but if I don't even know the LD50 for this drug and the safe dose for young kids.

An overdose of benzos won't kill all by itself, the drug doesn't affect the part of the brain responsible for breathing etc... mixed with alcohol and other drugs weird things could happen but on it's own even a whole bottle isn't considered a suicide option.

Course you could fall down the stairs while on benzos and that could be fatal, not sure if choking on vomit or suffocation is much of a risk with that drug though.

I wonder if they found Benadryl in the apartment , but again I agree RB might have given Bella Klonopin to calm her down and it had the opposite effect.

This is a horrible story. I wonder if there will be any changes to either story on October 20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23