Classmates, Friends and Neighbors

passionflower

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Since several people knew Melissa Lawlass Huckaby from school and work,
I thought it would be good for them to post here so we know more about her.

One poster said that MLH was very unhappy since 6th grade.
Another that she was obnociously(sp) religious.
A store manager talked to the media.......
and I bet more people will come forward soon that know other POI in this case.
I hate to move other posters posts over.
Please do so yourself. TIA

I saw some of her co-workers from about 5 years ago getting interviewed. (saw this interview on Good Day Sacramento) It was some random grocery store. The two former co-workers basically said she was a good checker and never had any discipline issues with her. She met the father of her child there and I believe they said that she left when she became pregnant.

it was reported in the Tracy press (fwiw) that she got fired...
worked four four years as a checker at a Food for Less grocery store on Tracy Boulevard, just east of the mobile park, until she was fired sometime in 2004, said Matt Duncan, an assistant manager at the store now known as FoodMaxx.
http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full_story?page_label=home&id=2304030-Huckaby+on+suicide+watch&article-Huckaby%20on%20suicide%20watch%20=&widget=push&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&

Ooops, there is a whole page devoted to this. I posted in two other threads. here it goes again. My roommate went to school with MH and had a math class with her. She did not like her and said she was immature, sheltered, "weird" and religious in a way that was annoying. Here's a snap of MH from my roommate's 97" Brea Olinda High School year book:

Attachments

• yearbookscan.jpg
    yearbookscan.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 262
wow...G, that is awefully insightful about Ms Melissa!

My roommate is VERY insightful. She gauges people immediately upon meeting them and predicts a lot about the type of person they are. I used to think I was a good judge of character until I met her! She makes a comment about someone and then months later something comes out that shows she was dead-on in her assessment. It's awesome.

what else did your roommate have to say about her? That first stuff you said seems spot on.... with what we know so far

My roommate is VERY insightful. She gauges people immediately upon meeting them and predicts a lot about the type of person they are. I used to think I was a good judge of character until I met her! She makes a comment about someone and then months later something comes out that shows she was dead-on in her assessment. It's awesome.

Does your roommate also read aura's? I totally understand what you are saying - I also feel that way about people. It is an instant split-second impression that you have about someone that is not based on anything they say or do.....it is based on pure feelings. The only way that I have ever been able to sort of "control" it, or make it work with people is to try REALLY hard to NOT judge them at all....neither bad nor good....but rather to simply "see" them. Ok...I am probably not making any sense. Your roommate said that MH seemed "immature, sheltered, "weird" and religious in a way that was annoying". I am really curious to know if your roommate is as shocked by the current developments as are the neighbors and family of MH? I have personally met people who were considered "pillars of the community", but whom I would not have left my dog with because I sense evil from them. Tell your roommate thanks, and hello from WS's too, by the way! :blowkiss:

Here is the scan of Melissa's picture in her senior yearbook (Brea Olinda HS class of 1999). Sorry for the poor quality, I will try to rescan later. I also have some more pictures that I will upload later on.

Attachments

• breaolinda99ybk.jpg
    breaolinda99ybk.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 277
Thank you again Emmabella for all of your insight and postings. There really isn't anything that any of us can do about this horrible crime....except to try and understand it. I feel that we owe that to Sandra, and in one hard to explain way - to MH. If she is truly mentally ill, then we need to understand why; although in my past experience, we will never really understand - Thank God!!!

Does your roommate also read aura's? I totally understand what you are saying - I also feel that way about people. It is an instant split-second impression that you have about someone that is not based on anything they say or do.....it is based on pure feelings. The only way that I have ever been able to sort of "control" it, or make it work with people is to try REALLY hard to NOT judge them at all....neither bad nor good....but rather to simply "see" them. Ok...I am probably not making any sense. Your roommate said that MH seemed "immature, sheltered, "weird" and religious in a way that was annoying". I am really curious to know if your roommate is as shocked by the current developments as are the neighbors and family of MH? I have personally met people who were considered "pillars of the community", but whom I would not have left my dog with because I sense evil from them. Tell your roommate thanks, and hello from WS's too, by the way! :blowkiss:

Ok, she is VERY shocked and did not want to talk or hear about the case anymore after a awhile. She was disturbed by it quite a bit. She did call her best friend, a guy who lives in San Fran who also went to school with Melissa. He was also shocked. he had been talking about MH with his mom that day (his mom lives in Sacramento) and had no clue it was Melissa Lawless with whom he went to school. When he found out he was amazed. he also remembers her. He graduated in her year.
The story broke today in the local paper so I'm sure all the alumni are aware by now or will be soon.
I quizzed my roommate some more and she said she asked the girl some questions in high school out of curiosity. My roommate does not read auras or anything but she's very streetwise having had a pretty hard life. She can't stand hypocrisy and got the vibe that MH was a hypocrite, talking about church, playing the game. Unfortunately, there are quite a few "Christians" that like to be very vocal about their religion but are not acutally very good people. Suzette (my roommate) got the sense that MH is one of those, I think. She's not telling me much more except: "You should ask the people who were her friends in highschool, who went to her house and stuff. They'd know a lot more."

"You should ask the people who were her friends in highschool, who went to her house and stuff. They'd know a lot more."

Guess we found one with Emma. I'm sure she will continue to have a lot more info about MH. This is a very bizarre turn of events.

Emmabella, do you think MLH was abused? sexually as a young child?
Was she into 'regular' teenage girl stuff? prom? dances? dating? TIA

Emmabella, do you think MLH was abused? sexually as a young child?
Was she into 'regular' teenage girl stuff? prom? dances? dating? TIA

To the best of my knowledge, no, she was not sexually abused. In the time I knew her she also never did drugs or alcohol that I knew of.

We were very much regular teenagers. We were both on the school dance team and spent alot of time choreographing and practicing. She dated, I have pages of letters that we wrote back and forth. Most of it is about boys and the normal teenage angst.

She was one of the funniest people I ever knew. We had tons of fun together doing normal teenage stuff... gossiping, going to the mall, going to Disneyland, etc.

Welcome back emmabella! Did you ever get the impression when Melissa was having one of her bouts of depression that her parents knew about it? I guess I am wondering if it would have been obvious to her family that she was having suicidal thoughts in the 6th grade? Thanks again for your valuable input.

Hi emmabella. Thanks so much for being here and answering all of our questions. I'm curious as to whether you spent any time at her house around her family. If so, what was your impression of them?

the name for it is empathic i have it also.....sometimes its not so great to have.....

I'm curious as to whether you spent any time at her house around her family. If so, what was your impression of them?

I spent very little time at her house. In all the time we were friends I can probably count the number of times I actually hung out there on one hand. She definitely did not get along with her parents. I can't say how much of that was normal teen/parent drama or how much was truly unhealthy. She did not like being there at all though. I don't remember feeling afraid of her parents but I do remember feeling like I wanted to save her and ask her to come live with me at times. Her brothers were cute and the couple times I met them they seemed very normal. There was also another little girl who lived with them. I can't remember if she was adopted or they were fostering her but they got her as a baby during the time I was friends with her and she was still there being raised by them when we lost contact.

I spent very little time at her house. In all the time we were friends I can probably count the number of times I actually hung out there on one hand. She definitely did not get along with her parents. I can't say how much of that was normal teen/parent drama or how much was truly unhealthy. She did not like being there at all though. I don't remember feeling afraid of her parents but I do remember feeling like I wanted to save her and ask her to come live with me at times. Her brothers were cute and the couple times I met them they seemed very normal. There was also another little girl who lived with them. I can't remember if she was adopted or they were fostering her but they got her as a baby during the time I was friends with her and she was still there being raised by them when we lost contact.

Wow. I wonder whatever happened to the little girl? Maybe she was a foster child that they had for only a short period of time. Every article I have seen only mentions Melissa's two brothers; I have never seen any mention of a younger female sibling.

Emmabella,

If you come back, I was wondering did Melissa have any boyfriends or crushes when you knew her? It hasn't been mentioned, so I also wanted to ask if Melissa met Johnny Huckaby when she was in high school or if you knew him as well.
Thank you so very much for coming to talk to us, I hope you are hanging in there and if there is anything we can do, let us know.:beats:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back