Benjaman Kyle Statement from Owner of Websleuths.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of the missing people the sleuthers thought were BK were ruled out becuase BK or NB said "no" it's not him???

I often wonder exactly how many people call and said they have seen him before, I know of the pastor.. but what is interesting is, no one has ever said his REAL name!

I believe BK is a man with a bad past and he does not want to return to it and does not want to face reality because of what he may have done....

I do have to hand it to the guy, he is very well spoken, intelligent, gives the impression that he is a gentle teddy bear .. Hats off to you "Benjamin Kyle"!!

When I spoke to the officer today at the RHPD I expressed my opinion that BK was not telling the truth. He then said, "You should call Dr. Phil's people." I found that to be interesting especially in light of the fact that Dr. Phil is no longer taking BK's calls.

The officer I spoke to was one of the responding cops to the Burger King dumpster where BK was located. He saw it all.

No head injuries, No beaten body, nothing. Why would BK and Nurse Betty claim otherwise?

As to why this wasn't discovered earlier by other departments or even other media all I can say is sometimes people believe what they hear and don't do their job and investigate. This happens all the time. It is really that simple.

BBM.....

Tricia, Mom, please.......would you?

I feel really bad for the people who were doing a documentary. I get the impression they sunk their own money into that project. Anyone hear from them since this came out?

Until I see proof of what you are claiming, I respectfully disagree.

He has not been able to create a new identity for himself, other than a name he thinks might be his. How is this a new identity?

Again, where are you getting this info that he is bogus?

Before this gets too far out of hand, I feel I would like to clarify my comments...

It is not my intention or goal to try to convince any member to change their opinion to reflect my thoughts. There is certainly a lot of information to be garnered from media interviews given by BK and NB, their contributions to the forum, as well as lack of assistance by addressing questions, as well as statements made by RHPD.

In regards to documents, any document which reflects medical information of BK is protected under HIPPA laws so these documents can be publicly reproduced. This would include hospital records, EMT records, etc...

Most information garnered in regards to BK's health at the time he was transported to St Joe's for medical treatment has been verbally stated by those who were present at the time. Unfortunately, verbal conversations cannot be linked.

I do not believe it is administration's goal to try to sway public opinion, but instead to allow any and all information that can legally be exchanged made available on the forum so each member can make the personal decision as whether or not to continue to actively participate.

As a regular poster on the Caylee forum, I can tell you that I believe KC is 100% guilty of premeditated murder, but there are those on that forum with a differing opinion. It is not my goal to try to convince any member with a different opinion to see that case through my eyes.

I completely support any member who wishes to continue to try and learn the identity of BK, and hope this experience may encourage more participation of assistance in this forum. You have all done such an amazing job!

I feel really bad for the people who were doing a documentary. I get the impression they sunk their own money into that project. Anyone hear from them since this came out?

Me too. They spent a lot of time on this. I would also like to hear from them in light of recent events.

Either way, they've got the material for a good story, whether it be mystery or fraud. A good filmmaker can make lemon aide with pretty much any raw footage. Ever see "Lost in LaMancha"?

Interesting. I stepped back from this case ages ago because of something odd NB said or did. I don't even remember what it was now, but it caused me to step back.

Question for you. Do you know if anyone ever went to the homeless camp and did a pic ID or something with BK?

I am going to be very forthcoming now and state that late last year, I did find a group of church volunteers who delivered meals to this area on a weekly basis and it was discussed that I meet with them to see if any of them recognized BK.

By this time, however, I was learning more about this case after talking with RHPD and my suspicions grew, so I made the decision to forego exploring this avenue for one reason.

Many of these volunteers are senior citizens and I was getting more and more suspicious of several things and hesitated to involve any of these people on the small chance that there was another "element" to the case.

I will also tell you that I displayed a large poster in my business for a couple of months to see if it attracted any comments or attention. Most people had never even heard of him (it wasn't well publicized at the time), but did have the opportunity to engage in conversations with some who were involved in the situation in 2004, such as nurses from St Joe's. But again, cannot link a verbal conversation.

I find it interesting that Dr. Phil won't take Benjaman's calls any longer. I think Dr. Phil would LOVE to expose Benjaman as a fraud if he had the information to prove he was one.

Well....

I too have suspected things for awhile. Some of his answers, or lack of answersd were odd. I thought I was being oversuspicious, and felt bad that I mistrusted this "poor man".

When Tricia first closed the thread last weekend, I was absolutely shocked. I knew that Believe had taken a break, but did not understand the magnitude of the situation. In finding out that we had been "scammed" I was angry, hurt, and so very sad. I was actually shaken up. I did not expect it to end this way. But, I still hoped that it was all a misunderstanding. Now that we believe different, I am just numb. I work on various cases here at WS, but this was one of three that I have dedicated most of my time to. I just do not understand, and just want to know WHY???

Obviously BK comes to this board, as he has posted answers to questions posed to him. He bantered with people and appeared to be intelligent, personable, and someone we should pity. Every year during the holidays I would feel for him that he was not with his own family, a family who was probably missing him. I would rack my brain and be frustrated with myself that I could not find the answers for him. I felt that I was letting him down. Crazy huh?

Surely he had to have seen ALL the other cases here, families of missing children, parents, grandparents, etc. Legitimate cases, such as Anna Waters, and Deanna Merryfields--who have family here, real family who was MISSING their child and sister. Other cases where people have been missing for two days up to 30, 40, 50 yrs. To KNOWINGLY allow volunteers on this board to use their resources and time on him, if he truly is a fraud, is heinous of him. We took time away from those other cases to help him. What kind of person does that? It makes me sick.

I guess I am a glass half full person. I try to look at the good in everyone. I was really hoping that in the time between Tricia's post the other day and now, BK would come forward and explain himself, and that this whole thing was truly a misunderstanding. That even though he knew in his heart that he had not been attacked and left for dead, that somewhere in his mind he rationalized it as the only reason why he was found in the condition that he was in. That to get publicity for his case, he allowed some misquotes and misunderstandings to exist for the ultimate goal of finding out who he was. (Not that this would be right either, but could be understandable--people might not be as interested in helping a man who was just homeless and possibly developed amnesia, as a man who was attacked and left for dead.) I was really hoping he would come forward and defend his actions for some unknown legitimate reason. But if he truly has deceived us all this time, I guess he is not about to do that, he just does not care. If he could do this all this time, he surely is not going to make any attempt to rectify things. Which leads back to WHY?

Wouldn't he know that eventually the/his fraud would be discovered? That in working with the FBI, Dr Phil, us, a reknowned forensic geneologist, that someone somewhere would figure it out? So why did he work with us all? Why would he have DNA taken in the first place? And why is there NOONE who has come forward to say that they know who he is--that he is a fraud? Why? Why? Why?

I think of all the HOURS and HOURS we spent here--the discussions we have had, the research we did. OMG--the intense geneological research, the research of restaurants and equipment and Indiana and Colorado!! (He probably is not even from any of those areas! I think he is from the northeast, the comment about Rhode Island "cabinets" was suspicious to me.) Pouring over records, photos, yearbooks, and school records. I have paid over $250 of my own money for an ancestry account, of which 97% was spent on BK time. Noone put a gun to my head to do this (so I have noone to blame but myself), but I did this so we could help this man find his identity, his family. Our good intentions, our open hearts have allowed this man to defraud us. So now I sit here, wondering about the work I have done on other cases. I am unsure of myself, and alittle less trusting of everyone, people that I know in my heart I should continue to trust, even though this guy has violated that trust. And still I go back to WHY?

So, who is he? Just a homeless man who got free medical care and was taken care of for a few years? A criminal? A defrocked priest on the run from sex offense charges? A murderer? An escaped convict whose fingerprints are not in a national database? A grifter?

I for one would like this not to end. I want to know who the hell he is. I am angry. I want him to be charged with fraud, and I want to know if he is a criminal who has been allowed to legitimately roam the streets for six years. I want to know why noone has come forward? I would like the scope of this to change and would love to see him brought to justice. But I doubt that will happen. I truly wonder, with all these revelations, how Colleen Fitpatrick, FBI Bill, etc will continue to handle this? Do they too, believe he has deceived them? What will happen now? Can he and Nurse B be charged with any kind of fraud charges? People used resources and spent money on DNA testing etc on this man. He doesn't just get away with this, does he?

I find it interesting that Dr. Phil won't take Benjaman's calls any longer. I think Dr. Phil would LOVE to expose Benjaman as a fraud if he had the information to prove he was one.

Yes and no. Exposing him would make for good TV, but IIRC this episode has been widely toted as one of Dr Phil's best episodes, so it might do more harm to his (already rather weak) credibility to expose the case than just hide it. JMO.

Is it possible they kept him because he said his memory was gone and they spent the time trying to find the cause of that?

Ooooh...so want to comment on this, but it was a verbal conversation so I cannot offer link for verification.....

No

Yes, that is what I am thinking, why couldn't he have had amnesia, before being found?

Completely legitimate question! Could certainly be possible...

But why, then, perpetuate a story to the media of having been beaten and received blows to the head resulting in amnesia as stated in interviews?

Ooooh...so want to comment on this, but it was a verbal conversation so I cannot offer link for verification.....

No

Well, then, just go to WordPress and type it all out and link to that, cause I wanna know!

j/k... sort of.

I was just wondering the same thing Suzi! I guess if there were not investigation, that probably was not done.

Interesting. I stepped back from this case ages ago because of something odd NB said or did. I don't even remember what it was now, but it caused me to step back.

Question for you. Do you know if anyone ever went to the homeless camp and did a pic ID or something with BK?

Zaha--I thanked you with the button, but wanted to respond. I agree with you 100% And you are SO right about all the people we sleuthed--one of them was probably him!

How many of the missing people the sleuthers thought were BK were ruled out becuase BK or NB said "no" it's not him???

I often wonder exactly how many people call and said they have seen him before, I know of the pastor.. but what is interesting is, no one has ever said his REAL name!

I believe BK is a man with a bad past and he does not want to return to it and does not want to face reality because of what he may have done....

I do have to hand it to the guy, he is very well spoken, intelligent, gives the impression that he is a gentle teddy bear .. Hats off to you "Benjamin Kyle"!!

Exactly my point as well. Benjaman never said he was beaten, false news reporting may have said that, but I never recall him saying that.

So why is Websleuths administrators saying he is a fake, because news reporters said he was beaten and LE said he wasn't. I don't recall Benjaman saying he was beaten, so how does this make him a fraud?

Once again, I want prove of these allegations against him.

I guess I'm a little confused (nothing new for me)???? Haven't we always known that Benjaman didn't have any physical signs of being beaten or head injuries when he was found by the dumpster? What we did know was that he was found naked, sunburned, had sores & was unresponsive next to a dumpster at Burger King. We also knew he was taken to the hospital where he spent several weeks. We knew that he didn't have any alcohol or drugs in his system and that his liver showed no signs of damage. I guess I also don't understand how he could have fooled the FBI and was hypnotized and researched by the staff of Dr. Phil and they found nothing on him. What would his explanation be for doing this sort of thing? He was not taking any personal donations, wouldn't apply for alien status so that he could get a social security number, etc. I guess I just don't get it. :( Such a sad world if this is all true.

That might be more up Jerry Springers alley. I doubt Dr. Phil would waste his time, which is my opinion of why he just closed the door on any assistance he was once willing to offer BK.

JMO

Exactly my point as well. Benjaman never said he was beaten, false news reporting may have said that, but I never recall him saying that.

So why is Websleuths administrators saying he is a fake, because news reporters said he was beaten and LE said he wasn't. I don't recall Benjaman saying he was beaten, so how does this make him a fraud?

Once again, I want prove of these allegations against him.

Well it is certainly your prerogative to take the word of law enforcement or not. I for one choose to believe law enforcements statements in this case. But again, if you choose not to, then that is your choice and I respect your decision.

Just throwing this out there (not stirring any pots - please note my lack of pot-stirring activity or equipment) - but are there not other ways one might suffer amnesia than direct, recent head trauma? Could he not have had amnesia long before he was found, or had witnessed something that caused it? I am not very knowledgeable about these things, and am legitimately asking the question. Not stirring any pots. :angel:

Also following WhyaDuck's and a few others' lead here and :angel: not stirring any pots.

I was actually wondering the same thing - what about the possibility of pre-dumpster event amnesia - until I saw a websleuths Twitter broadcast some 8 hours ago. The tweet is crystal clear, IMO, as to the conclusion drawn with regard to amnesia - "Benjaman Kyle does not have amnesia nor did he ever". http://twitter.com/websleuths

I hope it eventually will be disclosed how it was learned that BK has not ever had amnesia. Given this seemingly amazing story and all the coverage it's had for so long ... it's all just so hard to fathom. It is, as some here are expressing, a huge betrayal. My condolences to all.

Never-the-less there is good work here, and, it appears a mystery was resolved. Just not the way anyone might have expected or hoped.

And thanks all who are taking time to share more of this story via this thread with those of us who have only stood by watching while you worked. It seems there might be still more to this story; I pray for a healing and a catharsis all around - including for BK & NB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail