IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of a way LE could know where Lauren isn't (i.e.landfill) without searching there...I can't imagine a transfer station inspects the trash?

Even if station inspects the trash, LS is very small, so if the body was in a bag or suitcase, it might have not been noticed.

I don't believe it. What I believe is they are not searching landfill because it is expensive and difficult to do. They might not have the resources to do it, and because it is a hazardous job, volunteers can not be used.

I agree. I know it seems terrible, but sometimes public policy (efficiency is a huge factor) outweighs the chance that anything could be found (or at least the people in charge believe it does).

I can't think of a way LE could know where Lauren isn't (i.e.landfill) without searching there...I can't imagine a transfer station inspects the trash?

I can imagine the station inspecting if the BPD requested it.

Do you (or anyone else) know if she did the Xanax bar(s) in this same time frame would the behavior or time to take effect differ?

If the xanax was snorted (which is what the rumors suggest) or crushed, it would take effect very quickly. Add even a drink or two at the bar, and I think that would explain her condition.

I posted this link a while back about the effects of xanax and alcohol. Note the Department of Health and Human Services' comparison of xanax with Rohypnol: http://www.livestrong.com/article/207841-what-are-the-side-effects-of-drinking-with-xanax/

If Xanax is snorted, that is a waste of Xanax, because it's not well-absorbed through the mucous membranes. ;)

I definitely think the evidence falls against it. From what I've gathered, a date rape drug causes you to be lethargic and drowsy. It seems like she was loud and talkative that night. If anyone has other anecdata, please share.

No, you're right, based on my studies and on my personal experience with taking bzds. They make the individual relaxed and reluctant to move. I think this in no way suggests that LS wasn't taking Xanax, because (it's my understanding that) the Xanax is taken to attenuate the side-effects of cocaine, such as paranoia and anxiety, and to help the come-down from the cocaine high. So the cocaine is the "main drug."

No, you're right, based on my studies and on my personal experience with taking bzds. They make the individual relaxed and reluctant to move. I think this in no way suggests that LS wasn't taking Xanax, because (it's my understanding that) the Xanax is taken to attenuate the side-effects of cocaine, such as paranoia and anxiety, and to help the come-down from the cocaine high. So the cocaine is the "main drug."

"Reluctant to move" - this certainly wasn't Lauren that night.

"Reluctant to move" - this certainly wasn't Lauren that night.

Absolutely, that is not the picture we are getting! That's why it is so important to get the "whole picture" when dealing with drugs. That's why pharmacists and doctors are so worried about drug interactions and contraindications. Even knowing how different drugs act on the brain individually, we (researchers) still get some surprises when we mix substances.

She was at Kilroys Sports Bar.
Correct. For the benefit of those not familiar with IU, there are two different Kilroy's in Bloomington. The one that Lauren went to is usually just called "Sports" for short.

Combining alcohol and xanax can produce the same type of stupor that being roofied would, if you drink enough alcohol and/or take enough xanax.

Years ago in my college days at a 4th of July beach party I noticed a girl basically struggling to stand and losing. I asked her friends (these people were all strangers next to our group) if she was ok and they just said she ate too many "bars" which is what xanax is called. She literally kept falling and just laying down, then trying to get back up and repeating the same thing. I was concerned so I stayed with her for a long while to make sure she was ok, while her friends just kept on partying right next to her.

So in my experience LS could have been in the state she was in and not have been roofied. She probably picked up some coke and once she did that she 'sobered' up (countered the effects of the xanax/alcohol) and was in a better state later in the morning.

I believe she may have been slipped something as well. It's certainly a possibility. However, you said, "suddenly all this bizarre behavior starts" - that's pretty normal for someone who's been drinking. You can feel sober one minute and drunk as a skunk the next, especially when drinking hard liquor. She could have consumed liquor at Smallwood or JR's place, and she may not have shown signs of extreme intoxication until she arrived at Kilroy's. It's happened to me many times when drinking liquor; it can often take up to 15 minutes for it to "kick in."

Kilroy's is actually Kilroy's Sports Bar - "Kilroy's" and "Sports" refer to the same place.

Kind of... to clarify further here is the deal with the whole Kilroy's situation

Kilroy's is an umbrella business, in Bloomington we have:
- Kilroy's Sports Bar (aka "Sports") Where LS was
- Kilroy's on Kirkwood (aka KOK, Roy's)
- the Dunnkirk
- KRC Catering and Banquet Hall

Kilroy's also has a "Sports" up in Indianapolis. Needless to say Kilroy's has a huge presence in Bloomington, and their bars (especially KOK and Sports) are infamous for attracting the underage crowd with really good fake IDs. sometimes they ask for two forms, sometimes they dont. it really is a crapshoot... ive been to sports a lot since june 3rd and i automatically hand them two forms, but they've only asked me a handfull of times.

Kind of... to clarify further here is the deal with the whole Kilroy's situation

Kilroy's is an umbrella business, in Bloomington we have:
- Kilroy's Sports Bar (aka "Sports") Where LS was
- Kilroy's on Kirkwood (aka KOK, Roy's)
- the Dunnkirk
- KRC Catering and Banquet Hall

Kilroy's also has a "Sports" up in Indianapolis. Needless to say Kilroy's has a huge presence in Bloomington, and their bars (especially KOK and Sports) are infamous for attracting the underage crowd with really good fake IDs. sometimes they ask for two forms, sometimes they dont. it really is a crapshoot... ive been to sports a lot since june 3rd and i automatically hand them two forms, but they've only asked me a handfull of times.

Also the owner Linda Prall is part owner with her daughter & son in law in Smokin Jacks BBQ restaurant on 17th street.

They have lots of money in this town.

This is my Theory at the moment (anyone else kind of here)

1. LS was having a night of badass fun ( bunch of guys, alcohol, coke maybe xanax, pot, some or all of the above, she chose. (Not judging, I've been there.)
2. LS and CR went to Sports to see who was out or to pick up something to refuel.
3. They went to Smallwood to get someone or something else and LS & CR thought they would go back to Sports, no idea it was so late.
4. CR runs into or is followed by someone with whom he had differences.
5. CR decides to return to 5 North to get away from angry pursuers rather than back to Sports
6. LS intended to go back to Sports with CR but is too messed up to think, "oh he's going home, I guess this is where we say good night" and just follows CR not knowing what she will do when she gets to 5 North
5. Something bad happens at 5 North, could have been alcohol poisoning or coke heart-attack or something else. As HS students, these kids have been lectured by their parents not to party in the parents home because the parent could be held responsible if something bad happened. So now, something bad happens in their own home and their instincts tell them, they don't want to be held responsible. They hide the evidence that will wreck their future.
Each later tells their parents a version of the story where one of the other kids actually disappeared LS. The parents my have advised them, in the moment, to do the right thing and report it to the police; fight the drug / alcohol charges. But now that it's done, the parents think that it is safest to stick with 4:30 corner story. It could be very damaging to come clean since hiding a body is a felony. The parents of the boys know in confessing an OD scenario there will be questions about who determined if she was dead or not. And none of the Spierer's pleas absolve anyone from answering these kinds of questions. The parents may not be clear how involved their own kid is with the finger pointing.

Complete speculation on my part, along with a question: IF cadaver dogs indicated on one of the vehicles, would that really be enough to detain someone? Or would they be looking for more evidence first? It could explain why they aren't searching the landfill.

Complete speculation on my part, along with a question: IF cadaver dogs indicated on one of the vehicles, would that really be enough to detain someone? Or would they be looking for more evidence first? It could explain why they aren't searching the landfill.

Yes, my opinion only, on both questions.

I'll also say this. If CR was seen on video, helping, carrying etc. Lauren down the street to North Townhouses, then why didn't he just help her to her apartment at Smallwood where she lived?

You are making two assumptions that I believe may not be founded:
1. She went to Sports with someone
2. The "bizarre behavior" started after she left, or even while she was at, Sports
I would disagree.We know she went to sports with her "male acquaintance" as the police would put it and we have heard no reports of bizarre behavior before she went there and nothing but reports of bizarre behavior after she left.I meant kilroys not sports

I'll also say this. If CR was seen on video, helping, carrying etc. Lauren down the street to North Townhouses, then why didn't he just help her to her apartment at Smallwood where she lived?

i asked the same question the other day when the story came out. it makes no sense, she still had her keys! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd