Drew Peterson tries to stop movie about him

The family of Amanda Knox tried to stop Lifetime from showing the made-for-TV movie about her, too. Didn't happen in her case and won't happen for DP, either. I got my hair cut today, and my stylist said that she is looking forward to the movie and asked if I'd be watching. She knows that I'm a fan of Lifetime movies, and that DH likes them, too :)

7 pm central time. 2 hrs I think. Looks like it might be a good one.

I've been chomping at the bit for this movie for a while now, I think its going to be good.
My husband thinks I'm crazy, but when I told him that Rob Lowe is playing DP he said "No way, those 2 guys don't look anything alike". He want to know when the trial was. I had some 'splainin' to do.

Who, in this Hollywood world, thought to pick Rob Lowe to play Drew Peterson? That's the worst "fit" I've ever heard of. Drew Peterson looks like an old, debauched, ugly, self-centered, narcissistic blow-hard who thinks he can fool the world and get away with anything. He is overweight and simply gross...

Respectfully <snipped>

Maybe it was the same casting director who chose Grant Show to play Jug Twitty in a made-for-TV movie about the Natalee Holloway case. Jug Twitty is heavy, sloppy, and sort of burly-looking, while Grant Show is good-looking, slender, and sexy. jmo

as for Rob Lowe, I give him credit for taking the part of this creepy ugly DP.
Not everyone wuld say yes to being DP even for a day..........LOL

as for Rob Lowe, I give him credit for taking the part of this creepy ugly DP.
Not everyone wuld say yes to being DP even for a day..........LOL

LOL ... I am watching the movie now ...

And I agree -- Rob Lowe does get credit for playing this :devil::devil::devil:

And JMO, Lowe is doing a good job ...

:seeya:

DH and I are watching. Rob Lowe is doing a fine job portraying DP as a despicable, loathesome, downright revolting human being. A con artist personified. Bravo, Rob Lowe :clap: jmo

DH and I are watching. Rob Lowe is doing a fine job portraying DP as a despicable, loathesome, downright revolting human being. A con artist personified. Bravo, Rob Lowe :clap: jmo

:seeya: Yeppers ... Rob Lowe is doing a fine job as this :dervish:

:seeya:

I felt the movie did portray DP as a creepy monster that he is.
Looking for wife #5 behind bars....................

I watched the movie tonight and think that Rob Lowe and everyone else involved with it did a good job. If you missed it the first time it was on, I'd recommend watching for it.

I watched and recorded the movie tonight so I can watch it again.

I think Rob Lowe did an outstanding job of portraying the real Drew Peterson. He brought out the ugliness, his obsession with having to have control, his emptiness as a human being.......everything that makes Drew Peterson a despicable person.

I think the first hour of the movie did a good job at laying the foundation, showing the relationship between Drew and Kathleen, the motivation for Drew killing Kathleen, and how Drew and Stacy met. But the second hour was not faithful to the sequence of events as they really happened. For someone who doesn't know the details, as we here do, they may not understand what happened.

I wish that the second hour of the movie had taken the time to follow the known sequence of events for October 28, 2007, showing all the things that make Drew Peterson's actions that day suspicious. They omitted Drew's 3-day disappearance a few days after Stacy's disappearance, and that's an important detail.

It was a good movie, but I think it could have been better.

Rob did a good job. Everytime he came on screen, it was like watching The Grudge. I would jump...

Yes and the movie makers forgot to tell about the neighbor being an alcoholic and miss using funds for the Stacy donation fund.

Yes I think Drew is Guilty but Stacy's family and the drucken neighbor make this a very hard case to figure out.

If you didn't see the Drew Peterson movie last night, it is reprised tonight on Lifetime at 8:00 (Eastern).

Not sure that I could watch it again, but it was riveting.

The movie was really good! Rob Lowe did a really good job of portraying how crazy and twisted DP is, and how impossible he was to live with.

I thought the children were a little older than shown in the movie, when Stacy went missing, but maybe I'm wrong. Especially the baby girl--I thought she was older. Also--did they really load that blue barrel into the car in in broad daylight, right in front of the house? It also made me wonder where the barrel was when LE did the search of the home. Sort of weird that the blue barrel appeared in the bedroom long after the search.

I never knew he had an airplane, either. As soon as I saw that, it made me wonder if he took the barrel up in the air and dropped it into one of the Great Lakes. Of course, this is probably something that WS'ers who've been following this case to a "T" have already considered!

I am in agreement. He was portrayed as a completely despicable, immoral person who was a disservice to his profession. On the other hand, Stacy appeared to be totally naive, except for realizing at some time what actually happened to Kathleen, and later seemed to feel some guilt over sneaking into the home to make out with him while he was married to Kathleen, yet unaware of possibility she could meet the same fate by announcing her plans to leave him. One observation I made was that Kathleen was poorly portrayed and the casting didn't bear any resemblance to who she was in real life.

MOO

I thought Rob Lowe did a wonderful job of showing the kind of person DP is. I do wish they had given him a gut, cause while he resembled DP, he still had the sexy RL body, and that is a compliment DP does not deserve. I was also disappointed in the after Stacy vanished part of the movie...I don't remember the house being searched the day after Stacy vanished...and the entire blue barrel just showing up for no reason in the bedroom...I remember when the info on the blue barrel came out, I don't recall them moving it from the bedroom.....but maybe I am mistaken....I think maybe it would have been better as a two night event, cause they had to totally rush the after Stacy and Drew got together part, and the Stacy vanished part....but the general idea got across in all parts of the movie.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back