Site sluggishness

Status
Not open for further replies.
links not 'clickable' from 'new posts' down to 'welcome to the killing season'

in other words, I can't go to new posts or trending stories or even trials which is how I generally peruse WS

I also can't post a new thread because it won't allow me to enter a title, which is why I'm posting here hoping someone can help

Honestly, I have to open up a whole new server that hosts an app that blocks java just for WS. One that is not compatible with most other websites.

So I have to log out and relaunch using another browser/wifi to view "regular" pages/sites. It sucks. And what about people who do not HAVE two wifis?

So discouraging.

links not 'clickable' from 'new posts' down to 'welcome to the killing season'

in other words, I can't go to new posts or trending stories or even trials which is how I generally peruse WS

I also can't post a new thread because it won't allow me to enter a title, which is why I'm posting here hoping someone can help

I have same problem. If I hurry and click something before the ad under "Websleuths News" pops up it works, if not then it's not clickable.

Hello,
Having the same problems as above:
I can't load any images from my PC to include in a post. When I click on the square icon above with the tree in it, the box comes up where you choose From Computer or From URL. I select Computer and an opaque layer covers the entire screen and there is nothing to click on to select an image. I can't exit the screen either so have to get out of WS and re-enter. There's a 3 second delay for doing most things, and I can't edit at all. It's getting VERY frustrating!! :gaah:

I went to "Tools" and deleted my complete history and cookies, but STILL having problems!

HELP!!!!

Forgot to mention - I'm also in Europe - maybe that's "our" problem - not being in the U.S.??

I've done the suggestion from above - hitting the A tab before I typed this. And to see my post - I had to refresh the page.

Also the letters keep jumping and that dang circle keeps spinning....

Dave - where are you?? HELP!!!

Something called Snap Messenger just opened up twice, each with an extra dialog box. I clicked on New Posts and Subscriptions. What is going on with that???

Something called Snap Messenger just opened up twice, each with an extra dialog box. I clicked on New Posts and Subscriptions. What is going on with that???

If you have Mozilla Firefox, go to options and click content. Go to notifications and to "Choose which sites are allowed to send you notifications", Click "Choose". Snap messenger will be located right there. Remove and save changes.

-Nin

I even did a system restore and chose a date before these problems started. Nope, it made no difference. I’ve tried rebooting and turning off the router for 10 seconds but that doesn’t make any difference either. Trying to post is a nightmare because it takes so long to load and most of the time I need to exit WS to get to the next page. I still can’t reply with quote. Why isn’t someone responding to all these complaints?

I even did a system restore and chose a date before these problems started. Nope, it made no difference. I’ve tried rebooting and turning off the router for 10 seconds but that doesn’t make any difference either. Trying to post is a nightmare because it takes so long to load and most of the time I need to exit WS to get to the next page. I still can’t reply with quote. Why isn’t someone responding to all these complaints?

JudgeJusi, the site admins try, they seriously do.

Have you heard the phrase, "when they make something idiot-proof, along comes a better idiot?" or the like?

Website builders come up with a way to block or limit disruptive/intrusive ads. And what do you think advertisers do? Find another way in.

The Websleuths team works mightily to keep the forums working while keeping the site no-cost, a huge task. WebSleuths has no control over the software we use at home or what we block.

Frustrating, but to me the content & community here at Websleuths is generally worth the frustration.

I read right here about using the Task Manager to End Task when FlashPlayer is part of the problem.

Our beloved free site can be jerky. So far, it's still free!

Hope that helps, Laughing

Try to uninstall flashplayer and see if it is better. You can easily reinstall it quickly if needed.

-Nin

I agree JudgeJudi! Many of us in Australia were having these problems all at the same time COINCIDENTLY! Only with the WS site 'A problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded' was a constant problem. No other sites gave any problems. All brands were having the same problems. A full test by Apple told me it was WS and nothing could be done externally.

It appears (nearly) fixed. Wow! Goody! now I can upload photos :D

This is what I considered doing until I was told it wasn't my IPad

Attachments

• IMG_1562.JPG
    IMG_1562.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 10
Try to uninstall flashplayer and see if it is better. You can easily reinstall it quickly if needed.

-Nin

I tried EVERYTHING. Apple said it was WS site which nothing could be done externally. Period.
The only way I could post was to put the message on notepad and quickly, QUICKLY cut and past. ''Twas so bloody frustrating, I gave up!

The only way I can post is hitting that "A" tab first and I don't have an Apple product. I'm going to see if I can post a picture in the next post. Also, when I hit "Post Reply" - I have to hit "refresh" to even see my post.
I hit the "Alert" button my post from yesterday re our problems - asking the Mods to get in touch with Dave, who I believe is the IT guy here, but I see nothing from him yet. Hopefully, he'll stop by and tell us "what" to do about our problems.
I love WS and would still like to stay here, but as all you say it gets VERY frustrating when it doesn't work!

Nope - didn't work. Can't post a picture "From Computer", but now when I try to get and hit "cancel", I get a message that says:

Some of the options have been changed. Are you sure to close the dialog?

I hit "yes", but it still won't do anything and I had to close WS and just post....

:gaah:

That "A" I've talked about is the "Switch to Editor to Source Mode"

Wow, you guys truly have some big issues! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully there will be a fix sooner or later.

-Nin

So.... we have NO solution yet???

:waiting:

So.... we have NO solution yet???

:gasp:
NO!

The complaints are lessening in Australia, only sometimes now the message "there is a problem with this site blah blah..." upload and loose everything 5 times over!!
There were times I wanted to post news re some topics, I just had to watch & read. Others too had that frustrating problem.
I considered the Frizbie solution, others wanted to use their device as a chopping board for broccoli!!
We are a resourceful mob. :D

Well, I still can not edit posts or attach pictures; still have to refresh the page to "see" my own post. I'm still using the "Switch Editor to Source Mode" button....

I did alert my post, so HOPING a Mod can let the IT guy know that we are STILL having problems!!!!

I was having horrible issues months ago. For months using IE. Disabled flash player and all was good. Until the last few days. I just switched over to Firefox and smooth as silk. Touch wood. Oh and using a laptop. I feel for you. Dang near drove me insane LOL

Today is another day.

Pro's

I can type at normal speed.
I can post and see it immediately. No delays. Do not have to exit WS.
I can reply with quote.
I can upload images from my PC but this is a test to see if it works.
There are no delays and no loading circles at all.

Cons
The letters are still jumping or not appearing unless I switch to use Switch Editor to Source Mode (A/A on bar above).

Still to be tested: Edit post

If this image appears in most post, the only remaining problem will be the missing/jumping letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu