Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.06.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the courts really deny hearing the defendants witnesses? I thought that only evidence could be argued out, not witnesses themselves?
I think that if all the evidence a witness is going to bring forward is essential ruled out, there's no point in then calling that witness.

Ok, so I found it. Does any one know about the tattoo above the I remember? Seems like a lady with wings? Could it possibly be LB?

It’s been talked about for many years here. No one except AM really knows what it’s about and who she is. I’m not convinced it’s LB

JMO

Anybody know the schedule? Charge to jury today, will they deliberate tomorrow or later today? If so I guess we'll see all the stuff that wasn't allowed later today or tomorrow?

I guess we'll see all the stuff that wasn't allowed later today or tomorrow?

...almost forgot about this. Like the TB trial, we haven't heard all of the facts imo.
I do believe the jury has heard enough to convict.
Thoughts are with them all as well as friends/family of Laura.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I know that we have talked about this but in light of TD’s close and comments regarding CN, What was the purpose of entering evidence about CN working at a day camp? To illustrate at a later time that she hasn’t been charged or called as a witness since she was not there for the crime? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that we have talked about this but in light of TD’s close and comments regarding CN, What was the purpose of entering evidence about CN working at a day camp? To illustrate at a later time that she hasn’t been charged or called as a witness since she was not there for the crime? Thoughts?

I honestly believe that CN was there sitting in the wings waiting to be called. The crown didn’t however put her on the stand, probably for good reason. I wonder if this Camp stuff was going to come out through CNs testimony. Maybe to show that DM wasn’t with her during those days the crown believed LB was killed. DM wanted to use CN as an alibi according to his jailhouse letters.

MOO

ETA: I believe she was at the court because both DM and Dungey both mentioned that the crowns didn’t call her. The judge also made mention not to read into why that witness was not called. If she wasn’t a crown witness, I’m sure DM would have been all over having her as his own witness. A witness can’t never called by both sides.

It was suggested that was entered in case the defence called CN as a witness . Perhaps if they called her and cell phone usage became an “issue”, than the Crown had already squashed that theory.
Makes sense to me!

...almost forgot about this. Like the TB trial, we haven't heard all of the facts imo.
I do believe the jury has heard enough to convict.
Thoughts are with them all as well as friends/family of Laura.

Will be interesting to read what we or the jury didn’t hear! I’m sure there will be some pretty shocking evidence that was argued out.

Will be interesting to read what we or the jury didn’t hear! I’m sure there will be some pretty shocking evidence that was argued out.
I didn't want to say that but I wholeheartedly agree (regarding shocking evidence).
Facts are facts and alot of info that the jury didn't hear in the TB case protected the convicted. That p*ssed me off. IMO, don't do shady "business", take a man's life, and then ask for facts to be hidden.
Remember DM, he's the one that in the TB case, had "everything in the open for everyone to see, nothing to hide"
...all my opinion

I honestly believe that CN was there sitting in the wings waiting to be called. The crown didn’t however put her on the stand, probably for good reason. I wonder if this Camp stuff was going to come out through CNs testimony. Maybe to show that DM wasn’t with her during those days the crown believed LB was killed. DM wanted to use CN as an alibi according to his jailhouse letters.

MOO

ETA: I believe she was at the court because both DM and Dungey both mentioned that the crowns didn’t call her. The judge also made mention not to read into why that witness was not called. If she wasn’t a crown witness, I’m sure DM would have been all over having her as his own witness. A witness can’t never called by both sides.

I believe that even if the crown had CN in the wings, she would no longer be a potential crown witness as soon as they finished their submission of evidence. If at that time she hadn’t been called as a crown witness she would be available to be called by either defence team. DM and TD had every bit as much opportunity to call CN as a witness as the crown did.

The crown cannot keep a defence witness away from them just by pretending they might want the witness. It just doesn’t work that way and for good reason imo

Anybody know the schedule? Charge to jury today, will they deliberate tomorrow or later today? If so I guess we'll see all the stuff that wasn't allowed later today or tomorrow?

Judge's charge expected to be two days. According to LH on news last night, jury won't deliberate until Monday.

Judge's charge expected to be two days. According to LH on news last night, jury won't deliberate until Monday.

What is the best way to be notified if the verdict comes in? Twitter notifications? I am at a staff retreat Mon-Wed so *technically* should be away from the internet....:desert:

And that is only the stuff that actually *made it* to the trial itself. There's a whole wack of other material that was already addressed and ruled inadmissible at the pre-trial motions. There is also a great deal of discussion, tone, context and behaviour, period, that was covered during the earlier motions and other pre-trial matters.

I didn't want to say that but I wholeheartedly agree (regarding shocking evidence).
Facts are facts and alot of info that the jury didn't hear in the TB case protected the convicted. That p*ssed me off. IMO, don't do shady "business", take a man's life, and then ask for facts to be hidden.
Remember DM, he's the one that in the TB case, had "everything in the open for everyone to see, nothing to hide"
...all my opinion

Definitely. Its mind boggling that Millard was saying he didn't need to steal a truck because he was rich, but the prosecution wasn't allowed to mention that he had an airport hanger full of stolen vehicles.

What is the best way to be notified if the verdict comes in? Twitter notifications? I am at a staff retreat Mon-Wed so *technically* should be away from the internet....:desert:

One of us could send you an inbox message so you don’t have to keep checking the forum, just your messages periodically.

I hope it’s not Tuesday, I will be away too. But if it’s Mn or Weds I can message you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks