WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, ChuckMaureen................the allegedly "purged data" could very well be on a tape?
I'm finding it very hard to believe that a "section" of data was lifted out and purged and lost! Do you think LE is just playing games with the potential perp(s)? I would think they would want them to think they had all the phone data! How did the interviewer for GoLakeChelan have this information? I find it extremely odd that this information came out on this interview. It's like it was a "plant". Maybe LE wants the perp(s) to think they are safe? From everything our resident experts are saying, there is no way anybody from Verizon wireless would just go in and pluck out data and purge it like this. Am I correct? This is very troubling.

BBM

The GoLakeChelan interviewer has many years of experience in radio (pretty clear fact, I think), as some may know. Before interviewing a public official about an important unsolved case, the interviewer would want to have his ducks in a row (supposition), as would the sheriff (supposition). It’s kind of hard to imagine the sheriff wanting to fly by the seat of his pants willy-nilly while speaking about such a high-profile topic. I would guess/speculate that the two of them spent some time prior to the interview getting a list, maybe a precise list, of questions set up.

Aside from the missing phone records “scoop”, there is another detail that came out in the GoLakeChelan interview that I don’t recall hearing elsewhere: after lab work was mentioned, the interviewer stated, “In some instances deputies and/or folks from the WPD, who’ve been the lead, at least from a public relations standpoint on this, have been actually taking things, physically delivering things, trying to pick things up, to speed the process up”, and the sheriff concurred, “We have sent evidence over the same day that we receive it and then go and pick it up when it’s completed, because then that obviously speeds up the return for us….”

What I pictured when I heard this, and I could be way off, was officers in official vehicles hand-carrying items to the State Crime Lab in Spokane, for instance, and then personally picking up lab results and ferrying them back. Getting this detail out to the community would have its advantages on several levels.

There are a couple of ways that come to mind, just off the top of my head, that the interviewer could have come by the “inside info” that he appeared to have. One, he could have picked it up, as was mentioned before, through a professional media grapevine or community gossip-type scenario---then either springing what he’d heard on the sheriff or bringing it up by prior agreement---or two, the sheriff could have mentioned those points in an earlier off-air conversation between the interviewer and himself, or three, the sheriff could have basically said, “Ask me this/ask me that.”

Let me know if anyone else has questions for him. I'll ask anything within reason because I know he is glad to help us if we can in any way help to find her killer.

I have been reading your comments about this person DD on fb and she is crazy and by far more than just a bowl etc short.
I am the person that she did this too !

I am so sorry for you. She seems to be proud of herself.:eek::eek:

Welcome to WS and maybe you have some thoughts, theories, or information on the MC case you'd like to share?

D. posted on her FB page that MC's killer is/was on the run. Do you think D. might know something about MC's killer really being on the run?

Let me know if anyone else has questions for him. I'll ask anything within reason because I know he is glad to help us if we can in any way help to find her killer.

I would like to know how cautious he thinks MC was. Would she have been friendly to a stranger? Would she had allowed a stranger to ride in her car? Does he know if MC drove through the car wash on Feb 9. Would MC willingly ride in a stranger's car...some one she met just minutes before?
Thanks for asking him these questions. And, please tell him I send my sympathy to him, and MC's family.

Thanks MelissaW. Can you ask JV:

1. Did MC have any female enemies, regardless of whether it was her fault or not, or even logical?

2. Did MC have any recent change in her life, like a new friend, friends, or activity?

3. Were there any crazy things going on where through no fault of her own people were involving her in it?

ETA: and TIA !

Melissa, I'd like for you to ask him whether Mackenzie ever mentioned any type of inappropriate behavior or advances towards her by her mother's b/f.

If the answer to that is no - please ask if JV truly believes that Kenzie would have told him, IF the mom's b/f had acted inappropriately towards her in any way whatsoever. (Some gals may not feel comfortable telling their b/f something like that, for fear of what action/retaliation their b/f might then want to take against that person who had acted inappropriately. KWIM?)

TIA! :)

I would like to know how cautious he thinks MC was. Would she have been friendly to a stranger? Would she had allowed a stranger to ride in her car? Does he know if MC drove through the car wash on Feb 9. Would MC willingly ride in a stranger's car...some one she met just minutes before?
Thanks for asking him these questions. And, please tell him I send my sympathy to him, and MC's family.

One thing he already told me which may answer question: He said that as soon as he drove up PC for the first time and saw her car, he knew something was wrong. He said she never would have gone willingly with someone; she would have had to be forced and/or scared of the person.

Melissa, could you please ask JV if HE saw anything suspicious or out of place in regard to MC's car when he arrived at PC? Besides it being abandoned there, of course. TIA.

Melissa, could you please ask JV if HE saw anything suspicious or out of place in regard to MC's car when he arrived at PC? Besides it being abandoned there, of course. TIA.

I asked him if he knew where the keys were and if the seat was pulled forward or back & he said he didn't notice those things. The thing that stuck out for him was seeing her purse in there, because he said she never would have left her purse in her car like that, out in the open.

Thanks for answering my question, Melissa. If you get a chance ask him if MC drove through a car wash,that day, and who might have been riding with her...Someone she just ran into, somewhere? A friend, maybe?

Boom, boom, boom ... Melissa is getting bombarded with questions.

Melissa, please do give him our sincere condolences in the loss of his girl, "Kenzie". Let him know many of us are praying daily for the arrest and convinction of her murderer(s).

Maybe we'll have some good things to come with today being Good Friday; possibly followed by the "resurrection" of some vital information, with Easter Sunday around the corner. I'm a believer! And, I'm :praying:!

Hmmm. I wonder if we can infer from that that MC was not the one who left her car there, and that she had come into harm's way well before that. If it wasn't she who parked the car there sometime at or before 7pm, where was she at that time? Big question...

(Sorry, my Blackberry won't let me quote and reply for some reason.) :(

My personal opinion Nancee - I think the car wash rumor is a bunch of hog wash. :D

Hmmm. I wonder if we can infer from that that MC was not the one who left her car there, and that she had come into harm's way well before that. If it wasn't she who parked the car there sometime at or before 7pm, where was she at that time? Big question...

BBM
:cow: Deceased.

Hmmm. I wonder if we can infer from that that MC was not the one who left her car there, and that she had come into harm's way well before that. If it wasn't she who parked the car there sometime at or before 7pm, where was she at that time? Big question...]

I am confident she was not with the car at PC (one set of footprints leading away). POI could have walked home? Not likely with fear of getting seen. Could have been followed and picked up? Likely. Abandon the car in a remote area and get out of dodge.

I think she was being held somewhere or was with someone at that point, possible at CB? Too bad we don't know the TOD (grimace).

So many questions! Not enough answers!!:confused:

My personal opinion Nancee - I think the car wash rumor is a bunch of hog wash. :D

Could be.....I would really like to know.

What we are learning is changing the time line....she wasn't at Target around 4...it was 11:30 am instead. And, she might not have been at the car wash, at all??

Wow! Thanks for sharing Pachina! It must have been a horrible experience for you!!!! WHY is she free???? Was she not prosecuted on attempted murder charges? Only 5 months in a mental facility? It sure doesn't sound like she has any remorse or is well! Will letters to somebody help to have her re-admitted??? Her comments on her FB page look like pretty good evidence to having her re-committed or incarcerated somewhere! JMO

I can't find DD on FB! I really want to find her. Someone please give me the clue again to search for her.....sorry!

Could be.....I would really like to know.

What we are learning is changing the time line....she wasn't at Target around 4...it was 11:30 am instead. And, she might not have been at the car wash, at all??

Oh Nancee, I hope you didn't take offense to my opining. :innocent:
I think you posed a valid question. I'd like to know the answer, too!

Since we don't have a whole lot of factual information to go on in this case, it's nice to be able to get some of the rumors either confirmed or denied by someone who might (and very well could) be 'in the know'.

I don't believe I've heard much speculation about the possible use of a "date-rape drug" or some such pharmeceutical. That might be a way to subdue/control an otherwise strong, active person who under normal circumstances would be capable of putting up quite a fight. We don't have a time of death, and the known facts, when mixed with guesses to link them, can create some imagined timeline scenarios that are somewhat tight if we assume her death occurred before the abandonment of her car up PC.

The use of drugs to subdue might also have resulted in less physical evidence of a struggle being left on the person of the perp(s) to be observed later on, as well as the reduced likelihood of DNA evidence being found underneath the victim's fingernails, etc. I would hope that if drugs were used in the comission of this crime, that their effects dulled down MC's perceptions to the point that she was less fully aware and conscious of what was going on.

Oh Nancee, I hope you didn't take offense to my opining. :innocent:
I think you posed a valid question. I'd like to know the answer, too!

Since we don't have a whole lot of factual information to go on in this case, it's nice to be able to get some of the rumors either confirmed or denied by someone who might (and very well could) be 'in the know'.

No, it's okay... I am just trying to figure out where MC was, and when, that afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff