Benjaman Kyle Statement from Owner of Websleuths.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am trying to figure out how, with all the research, no one thought to really check out his story from the beginning. If the police records didn't show any signs of him being beaten, why did people believe him? I'm not pointing fingers because I have no idea how to actually research. I just know that there are some really smart people on this website and I am surprised his lie lasted so long.

This case of Benjaman, from seeing it on the Dr Phil show, is what brought me to Websleuths. While I respect Tricia and this website very much, I would like to comment on something. Just because Benjaman didn't have head injuries (which I don't recall him saying, I believe it was news reporting this) at the time he was found at the dumpster, doesn't mean he didn't have amnesia prior. The police reports were very lacking, they just wrote him off as a homeless person.

If there are documents to prove Benjaman is a fraud, then they are obviously public records, and those of us that have followed this case so closely for so long, and the ones that actively tried to sleuth, I think we deserve some proof, instead of secret reasons, why his thread was closed.

I truly mean this respectfully, I would just like some answers, because what I read about this thread being closed doesn't answer the questions.

I am sad for the members who spent countless hours on this thread trying to find out Mr. Kyle's indentity. I usually have just lurked on this thread, and occasionally tried to compare missing people with him.

What has bothered me is that nobody ever came forward to give him his identity...Even after being on Dr. Phil...

I would just like to know who is his and what he is hiding....

Makes me sad if this is true, especially for all who has been fooled.

I agree with RKnowley.....how did these documents slip past the FBI? I just don't get it. I haven't been up on the case for a while, but I still don't see how.

Some documents are protected by law, and not open for public record. I believe some of those documents Mr. Kyle would have to give his permission for the FBI to have, or LE would have had to seek a court order to subpeona or get a search warrant for them. With as little time as LE has to spend on missing adults, especially white males, it is possible some things were not fully researched on LE's end when all they had was a John Doe.

I can see things slipping by on John Does, it happens all the time. Look how many UID's we have listed at places like Doe Network or NamUs. LE isn't exactly making it a priority to name them, nor do they have the time or funds.

jmo

If you tell yourself something long enough you begin to believe it......even if its not true....

I think

:>}

I have learned about this is my ethics class- Most people live in their head- therefore making such things total reality to them.

Some documents are protected by law, and not open for public record. I believe some of those documents Mr. Kyle would have to give his permission for the FBI to have, or LE would have had to seek a court order to subpeona or get a search warrant for them. With as little time as LE has to spend on missing adults, especially white males, it is possible some things were not fully researched on LE's end when all they had was a John Doe.

I can see things slipping by on John Does, it happens all the time. Look how many UID's we have listed at places like Doe Network or NamUs. LE isn't exactly making it a priority to name them, nor do they have the time or funds.

jmo
I apologize. I certainly did not want to put anyone here on the defensive. I have never heard of the FBI having to get permission from a civilian to investigate them. I guess I still learn something new everyday. Thank You!

Does that mean that Mr. Kyle would have to give Tricia his permission for her to have them or that she would have to have a court order in order to have access to those records? If the FBI cannot have access to them how can an ordinary citizen gain access to them?

jmo

The above post was purely my speculation, based on my knowledge from the research we have done for so many years here on ALL John and Jane Does.

I do not believe Mr. Kyle does not know his true identity. I firmly believe he fully knows who he is, where he came from, and what his background and circumstances where. IMO, his intention was to create a new identity for himself, which he has very obviously and certainly done. Why I don't know, but I do know he did it at the expense of countless concerned people. KNOWS what happened and chose purposely to allow any and all misinterpretations of his story be made public, grow and ignore, rather than correct false information he knew was made public in various media stories regarding his case. Why he chose to do that I personally do not care. I do care however, when it takes away time and resources from people who are in fact true victims.

JMO

Until I see proof of what you are claiming, I respectfully disagree.

He has not been able to create a new identity for himself, other than a name he thinks might be his. How is this a new identity?

Again, where are you getting this info that he is bogus?

The above post was purely my speculation, based on my knowledge from the research we have done for so many years here on ALL John and Jane Does.

I do not believe Mr. Kyle does not know his true identity. I firmly believe he fully knows who he is, where he came from, and what his background and circumstances where. IMO, his intention was to create a new identity for himself, which he has very obviously and certainly done. Why I don't know, but I do know he did it at the expense of countless concerned people. KNOWS what happened and chose purposely to allow any and all misinterpretations of his story be made public, grow and ignore, rather than correct false information he knew was made public in various media stories regarding his case. Why he chose to do that I personally do not care. I do care however, when it takes away time and resources from people who are in fact true victims.

JMO

I guess I'm a little confused (nothing new for me)???? Haven't we always known that Benjaman didn't have any physical signs of being beaten or head injuries when he was found by the dumpster? What we did know was that he was found naked, sunburned, had sores & was unresponsive next to a dumpster at Burger King. We also knew he was taken to the hospital where he spent several weeks. We knew that he didn't have any alcohol or drugs in his system and that his liver showed no signs of damage. I guess I also don't understand how he could have fooled the FBI and was hypnotized and researched by the staff of Dr. Phil and they found nothing on him. What would his explanation be for doing this sort of thing? He was not taking any personal donations, wouldn't apply for alien status so that he could get a social security number, etc. I guess I just don't get it. :( Such a sad world if this is all true.

Will try to address your questions to the best of my knowledge.

1. Haven't we always known that Benjaman didn't have any physical signs of being beaten or head injuries when he was found by the dumpster?

Originally, all we knew was what was being reported in the media, which is that Benjaman had been beaten, had 3 contusions to the head. This information was provided to various media by BK and/or NB repeatedly. Subsequent statements from two detectives with RHPD refuted this information. They state that BK had NO injuries to any part of his body, including his head, as a result of an assault or act of crime. RHPD also states this is reflected in EMT reports.

2. What we did know was that he was found naked, sunburned, had sores & was unresponsive next to a dumpster at Burger King.

According to RHPD detectives, BK was found naked but was not sunburned nor had sores. He was covered in scabies. RHPD states this is also reflected in EMT reports. RHPD also stated that BK was not "unresponsive". He was sleeping near the dumpster inside the corral when officers arrived on the scene but was easily aroused. The "unresponsive" description was in relation to his reluctance to answer any questions posed by officers, apart from complaining of back pain.

It should also be noted here that RHPD reports that there is a homeless camp less than 50 yds from the dumpster corral behind the Burger King, running by railroad tracks, that was (and still is) frequently visited by RHPD. On several occasions, officers have walked back to do a "well check" only to find unclothed males engaged in sexual activity. (As a local, this camp is common knowledge to the community as well)

Let me also clarify the information about a police report. There is no police report. There IS an incident report. Upon arriving at the scene, it was determined that a crime had NOT been committed, nor was suspected of having been committed. This call became a call for medical assistance and transport. HAD there been any evidence of a crime scene, a police report would have been filed and an investigation would have been opened. This was NOT the case.

There have been online allegations that RHPD botched this case by not documenting a crime in a police report, nor opening an investigation. RHPD is accused of "dropping the ball" to the detriment of BK.

However, once BK arrived at St Joseph and was examined by the ER doctor, had that doctor seen ANY evidence that a crime or assault had been committed upon BK, he would have been required BY LAW to contact LE in the jurisdiction where the alleged crime took place, Richmond Hill. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN.

So if RHPD "dropped the ball", did St Joe's drop it as well? Did BOTH agencies miss these obvious signs of assault? RHPD states they were never contacted by St Josephs in regards to this patient.

3. We also knew he was taken to the hospital where he spent several weeks.

BK was admitted to St Joseph's for treatment of scabies for two weeks (per NB), I am told he was then transferred to Georgia Regional Hospital (psych hospital) for a few days and then transferred to Memorial Hospital where he underwent a surgical procedure unrelated to his cataracts. He was discharged to the JC Lewis Health Center (part of Mission Union/United Way) for post surgical care and then transferred to Grace House, a men's residential shelter where he eventually underwent surgery on his eye for cataract. This information is provided on the Mission Union website.

4. We knew that he didn't have any alcohol or drugs in his system and that his liver showed no signs of damage.

The above statement has been claimed by NB but due to HIPPA laws, has not been confirmed.

5. I guess I also don't understand how he could have fooled the FBI and was hypnotized and researched by the staff of Dr. Phil and they found nothing on him.

I am not under the impression he has fooled the FBI on anything. The incident of August 2004 at Burger King did NOT involve a crime so am not sure why some are suspecting the FBI is investigating anything. I believe the FBI would certainly lend their assistance if provided with information that may help determine the true identity of BK, but do not believe seeking BK's identity is a top priority for local agents.

The Dr Phil aspect is very interesting. Dr Phil did appear to be very interested in helping in the beginning, but according to a posting on this forum by BK, Dr Phil's show will no longer take his calls. Dr Phil apparently seems to have pulled his investigator from the case as well. Wonder why??:waitasec:

6. What would his explanation be for doing this sort of thing?

This is pure speculation on my part, and believe me, I have thought long and hard about it. I will also say that I have been convinced for a multitude of reasons from the beginning that BK was homeless prior to that August morning. When I learned the true condition in which he was found, in relation to the homeless camp as described by RHPD, it became more clear to me.

I personally wonder if BK has no desire to return to where he came from and is instead, much more comfortable in the life that has been created for him. I have other strong suspicions of possible motives but until they can be documented, I will keep them to myself.

Admitted to the hospital for two weeks for treatment of scabies? No way, no how. Even the worst case of scabies in the world wouldn't merit a two week hospital stay (unless there were horrific sequelae like sepsis from infected wounds or something).

Until I see proof of what you are claiming, I respectfully disagree.

He has not been able to create a new identity for himself, other than a name he thinks might be his. How is this a new identity?

Again, where are you getting this info that he is bogus?

See post number 30 with regards to RHPD's statements. That is how I arrived at the conclusion BK's story is 'bogus'.

BK's nurse friend had to have known?

Just for the record, "Nurse Betty" did not get involved with Benjaman until 2007 when she was working for Union Mission and he was living at Grace House, the men's residential unit so I think it is speculative to suggest what she may know and how she came to know that information.

She has been the only source I have found in regards to media reports, and they did eventually admit that they DID receive copies of Bemjaman's medical records from Memorial (after denying it) and Memorial confirmed in email that they did not ask or require Benjaman to pay $800 for medical record copies as he stated.

Will try to address your questions to the best of my knowledge.

I personally wonder if BK has no desire to return to where he came from and is instead, much more comfortable in the life that has been created for him. I have other strong suspicions of possible motives but until they can be documented, I will keep them to myself.

(Respectfully snipped.)

Thank you for such an informative post!

In a way I could understand this last bit, though, even if he were legitimately an amnesiac - he's been Benjamin Kyle for quite some time, so one gets used to their current circumstances, and I think I would be scared to find out my original identity, just in case it was worse than my current situation. JMO.

OK - I'll go back to lurking now. (Really don't mean to get up anyone's nose on this so don't shoot.)

Admitted to the hospital for two weeks for treatment of scabies? No way, no how. Even the worst case of scabies in the world wouldn't merit a two week hospital stay (unless there were horrific sequelae like sepsis from infected wounds or something).

Or because they had nowhere else to send you since you did not have a known residence, and couldn't risk exposing several residents of a men's homeless shelter facility

I really think it would be a good time for someone to hear something from BK on this matter.

I, for one, am perfectly willing to hear him out.

He logged in earlier in the week, but this forum was closed so hopefully he may reappear now that it is open again?

Does the hospital claim they kept him for 2 weeks? They would never keep him that long for scabies.

Two weeks in a hospital is a very serious injury or disease.

Does the hospital claim they kept him for 2 weeks? They would never keep him that long for scabies.

Two weeks in a hospital is a very serious injury or disease.

Is it possible they kept him because he said his memory was gone and they spent the time trying to find the cause of that?

When I spoke to the officer today at the RHPD I expressed my opinion that BK was not telling the truth. He then said, "You should call Dr. Phil's people." I found that to be interesting especially in light of the fact that Dr. Phil is no longer taking BK's calls.

The officer I spoke to was one of the responding cops to the Burger King dumpster where BK was located. He saw it all.

No head injuries, No beaten body, nothing. Why would BK and Nurse Betty claim otherwise?

As to why this wasn't discovered earlier by other departments or even other media all I can say is sometimes people believe what they hear and don't do their job and investigate. This happens all the time. It is really that simple.

Just for the record, "Nurse Betty" did not get involved with Benjaman until 2007 when she was working for Union Mission and he was living at Grace House, the men's residential unit so I think it is speculative to suggest what she may know and how she came to know that information.

She has been the only source I have found in regards to media reports, and they did eventually admit that they DID receive copies of Bemjaman's medical records from Memorial (after denying it) and Memorial confirmed in email that they did not ask or require Benjaman to pay $800 for medical record copies as he stated.

Interesting. I stepped back from this case ages ago because of something odd NB said or did. I don't even remember what it was now, but it caused me to step back.

Question for you. Do you know if anyone ever went to the homeless camp and did a pic ID or something with BK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member