2011.04.29 - Day five of the trial - Sheri's friends and Meyers testimonies

Status
Not open for further replies.
She took the info to Danny Meyer, the televangelist's son and an executive with the ministries. She said the affair would have cost Chris Coleman his job and another ministries employee had been fired for an affair. She said a divorce would not have caused him to be fired.[/url]

So... if we are to believe that there is no "divorce and you lose your job policy", which at this point I feel there probably was at that point in time and JMM went into CYA mode... but there is a "have an illicit affair with your wife's bff policy"... and JMM knew about the affair... why wasn't Chris fired? It's contradictory IMO.

I hope so - is there a possibility that the prosecution is waiting until the end to present this evidence? It would make more sense to present it at the time the scratches were shown. But maybe they want to wait so it will be fresh in the jurors minds?

IDK - just wondering about it. He was scratched - unless he got those while getting rid of evidence, there has to be dna under someone's nails.

I think the prosecutions strategy was to open the trial with the shocking photos of the crime scene, move onto motive (TL and all the lewd photos videos for added disgust & shock value) and the witnesses about the state of the marriage and then come back to finish it up with forensics. Other than Baden's TOD, we haven't heard any forensics yet.

Seems rather insensitive/evasive for JM to put whatever "ministry" trip as a priority over the investigation of the brutal murder of three people whe knew. JMO

Seems rather insensitive/evasive for JM to put whatever "ministry" trip as a priority over the investigation of the brutal murder of three people she knew. JMO

Additionally, the recorded testimony is one-way. No room for cross. Could the court demand she take the stand?

So... if we are to believe that there is no "divorce and you lose your job policy", which at this point I feel there probably was at that point in time and JMM went into CYA mode... but there is a "have an illicit affair with your wife's bff policy"... and JMM knew about the affair... why wasn't Chris fired? It's contradictory IMO.

I agree Stella! I've seen people get fired in the secular, for-profit world for sending sexually-explicit content over a company network, cell phone or Blackberry device!!! And for CC to lie that Sheri was sending explicit emails to his phone just enrages me. And it seems the ministry turned a blind eye to this affair!

Additionally, the recorded testimony is one-way. No room for cross. Could the court demand she take the stand?

I still have an issue that Wharton allowed this. It's like she conveniently scheduled this conference, because the next one isn't until July!

Just for clarity though, both sides got to question Joyce in the taped deposition. A deposition with your lawyers present are very similar to a court room appearance, you just don't have the judge & jury. They both get to ask questions, object to questions, and basically duke out what you will or will not answer.

"Chris told her that he was leaving her when she got back from Florida," said Kathy LaPlante, Sheri's friend and Joyce Meyer Ministries employee. "He told her that he hated her, never loved her. She said Chris just exploded on the phone. She told him that she would never leave him. She said to him, `What are you going to do? Kill me?'"

Sheri Coleman changed her name on her Facebook account and changed her status from married to single.

"She told me that there was a crazy lady wouldn't leave her alone," said Stefanie Jones, Sheri Coleman's friend. Sheri Coleman told Jones about Lintz, too.

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2011/04/29/1689709/previous-story-it-was-like-she.html#ixzz1KwS2nPUQ

Joyce Meyer testified that Coleman could have lost job for an adulterous affair #colemantrial #stl

So why wasn't he fired? They knew about the affair, yet he was still at JMM.

Brpkelly Brian Kelly
Joyce and Daniel Meyer say Coleman quickly accepted counseling and Chris said things were getting better. #Colemantrial

republictimes Republic-Times
#colemantrial Joyce Meyer video shown. Coleman requested and received May 4 off because "wasn't feeling good." Affair could've affected job.

#colemantrial J Meyer taped depo.. said Coleman wasn't himself the months before murders & called in sick May 4 -possibly for 1st time ever.

#colemantrial JMM HR reads policy - if employee is "divorced since being born again.." "ask questions." Inquire about morals.

‎#colemantrial JMM CEO D Meyer said Coleman told him calls to Florida were to talk to Tara Lintz's *husband, for marital advice.

Uhmm.... okay... what husband. And sorry the IT lady already said you knew about the affair Danny!

‎#colemantrial JMM CEO D Meyer said Coleman told him calls to Florida were to talk to Tara Lintz's *husband, for marital advice.

Uhmm.... okay... what husband. And sorry the IT lady already said you knew about the affair Danny!

He's a liar, no doubt.

Why is anyone trying to hide the truth? What kind of a hold does CC have on these people??? :furious:

Are they just having a hard time admitting there was such evil lurking in their midst?

With this case, our cup runneth over with terrible behavior.

I guess Meyer assumed Tara's HUSBAND had sent Chris the naked pictures of Tara as part of his marital counseling.

With this case, our cup runneth over with terrible behavior.

Yes, this is really really bad. I appreciate everyone's restraint in posting how we REALLY feel so we can keep from having TOS violations. I'll tell you what, I can't blame anyone for the anger because you don't even want to know what I'm thinking about this case behind the scenes. :snooty:

If he never called out sick and then takes the night of 5/4 off (I think he was working nights) and that's the night of the murders...another "coincidence" for the jury to reconcile....
-
and if he 'wasnt feeling good' how did he take 2 trips to the gym, play catch with his son, go for ice cream etc????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member