Brittany Murphy did not die of natural causes, lab report shows

The combination of above normal elements appears random, in fact, all of the elements appear relatively high, so I think it is probably just contamination or the tests were not done properly. How would she be able in ingest uranium for example?

The only element significantly higher than the "high" value on the list is aluminium, and that is not a heavy metal.

It is possible that she was taking some sort of herbal or "homeopathic" concoction. That stuff is all snake oil and in most cases you have no idea what is actually in them. It is unregulated and you take your life and health in your hands when you use them. That might explain how she got high levels of such a diverse array of elements in her body though.

The combination of above normal elements appears random, in fact, all of the elements appear relatively high, so I think it is probably just contamination or the tests were not done properly. How would she be able in ingest uranium for example?

The only element significantly higher than the "high" value on the list is aluminium, and that is not a heavy metal.

It is possible that she was taking some sort of herbal or "homeopathic" concoction. That stuff is all snake oil and in most cases you have no idea what is actually in them. It is unregulated and you take your life and health in your hands when you use them. That might explain how she got high levels of such a diverse array of elements in her body though.

According to this....aluminum is a heavy metal.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryglossary/g/Heavy-Metal-Definition.htm

From the article:

When questioned about his relationship with Sharon, Simon told The Sun there was nothing romantic going on between them... "We don't have sex, number one. Number two, she is a woman that has toxic neuropathy, which means she can barely walk. I live downstairs, she lives upstairs," he said.

This is interesting... Simon said that Sharon has toxic neuropathy - she can barely walk - yet he was living downstairs and she upstairs. Kinda tough on a woman who can hardly walk.. Maybe they had an elevator?

I have no opinion at all about there being an affair, just thought it peculiar that Sharon would be navigating stairs in her condition.

It's a strange and sad story.

I totally have NO problems with her prescription drug list. Nothing on there should have been a problem or caused her death.

The heavy metal I zero in on because of its rarity is Platinum. I have seen most, but not all, of the others in tox. screens before. ( Not post- mortem though).
The extremely cell- toxic drug Cisplatin, is given as a chemotherapy drug for cancer. It would probably show up as Platinum in the hair sample.
IF someone was dosing her and her husband with heavy metals, not only were they criminal, they were stupid. She wasn't cremated, thus the substances show up in hair and other tissues.
Also, Cisplatin is only given via IV administration. Here's the wiki on the only platinum containing substance I know of:
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisplatin"]Cisplatin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Agree that her husband's body should be tested, and the lady in the house, if she is still alive, is probably also very ill.
Because all 3 had the same symptoms, I believe there is a 4th person involved.
Financial gain would seem the most likely motive for Brittany's death, and perhaps that of her husband who was probably her beneficiary.

Just how sick IS the woman upstairs?

One last thing: I haven't checked today's news, but the NE is the only source reporting this. I have seen the copies of the reports and believe them to be valid, but why hasn't another source reported on this?
Is someone trying to suppress the results? Maybe LE has asked her father to not publicize the reports pending a criminal investigation?

The key to solving this, IMO, will be the source of the platinum.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, short-term exposure to platinum salts may cause irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat, and long-term exposure may cause both respiratory and skin allergies. The current OSHA standard is 2 micrograms per cubic meter of air averaged over an 8-hour work shift.
Platinum-based antineoplastic agents are used in Chemotherapy, and show good activity against some tumors.
As platinum is a Catalysis in the manufacture of the Silicone rubber and gel components of several types of medical implants (breast implants, joint replacement prosthetics, artificial lumbar discs, vascular access ports, etc.), the possibility platinum could enter the body and cause adverse effects has merited study. TheFood and Drug Administration and other institutions have reviewed the issue and found no evidence to suggest toxicity. Source: Wikipedia.

So platinum is used for breast and joint implants but is not toxic in tissues. If she had implants of some sort, the metal could still show up in her hair sample, possibly. One would expect that her HUSBAND'S hair sample would test negative for platinum unless he had a joint replacement, which seems unlikely at his age, or unless someone was administering the cytotoxic version of Cisplatin to both, which seems to me to be an almost impossible occurrence given the strict handling procedures for chemotherapy now.

Looking at the list of metals detected, I have to wonder what kind of water system the house had? Well water? Old pipes? That would explain nearly every metal showing up in high amounts, including uranium being present at all.

Could also be a food source. Remember earlier this year all the warning about eating rice? Arsenic was present at a higher amount than is allowed due to growing area, and brown rice was even higher than white rice.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, short-term exposure to platinum salts may cause irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat, and long-term exposure may cause both respiratory and skin allergies. The current OSHA standard is 2 micrograms per cubic meter of air averaged over an 8-hour work shift.
Platinum-based antineoplastic agents are used in Chemotherapy, and show good activity against some tumors.
As platinum is a Catalysis in the manufacture of the Silicone rubber and gel components of several types of medical implants (breast implants, joint replacement prosthetics, artificial lumbar discs, vascular access ports, etc.), the possibility platinum could enter the body and cause adverse effects has merited study. TheFood and Drug Administration and other institutions have reviewed the issue and found no evidence to suggest toxicity. Source: Wikipedia.

So platinum is used for breast and joint implants but is not toxic in tissues. If she had implants of some sort, the metal could still show up in her hair sample, possibly. One would expect that her HUSBAND'S hair sample would test negative for platinum unless he had a joint replacement, which seems unlikely at his age, or unless someone was administering the cytotoxic version of Cisplatin to both, which seems to me to be an almost impossible occurrence given the strict handling procedures for chemotherapy now.

Yep! The platinum was the one that stuck out for me. Most of the high values for the others can "possibly" be explained or caused, due to supplements or hair products.

That leaves chemo agents as the most likely source. That's the best reasoning I can come up with for the platinum values.

I don't hold a lot on this hair analysis and would prefer to see that blood an tissue testing had been done. It is very odd that they both died like this and does require further investigation.

I also found the news sources/or lack of news sources that were discussing this odd.

Unsure if this was already posted or not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...did-NOT-die-natural-causes-report-claims.html

"A new toxicology report says rat poisoning may have been the real cause behind the death of actress Brittany Murphy"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tural-causes-report-claims.html#ixzz2l1AmJplr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"'My daughter was neither anorexic nor a drug junkie, as they repeatedly implied. Brittany and Simon were ridiculed by The Hollywood Reporter, when they complained of being under surveillance in fear for their lives. I will not rest until the truth about these tragic events is told. There will be justice for Brittany."

Dot, you beat me to it.:loveyou: I knew the U.K. Daily Mail would have the news sooner or later, and today it's the headline story.

I think they are probably correct in saying that rat poison was given to both Brittany and her husband.
This is so tragic, and so downright mid-20th century criminal.

I'm also wondering if Brittany's dad had the tests done because he suspects her mother, whom the couple were living with.. Some people will do anything for money, or revenge.

Yep! The platinum was the one that stuck out for me. Most of the high values for the others can "possibly" be explained or caused, due to supplements or hair products.

That leaves chemo agents as the most likely source. That's the best reasoning I can come up with for the platinum values.

I don't hold a lot on this hair analysis and would prefer to see that blood an tissue testing had been done. It is very odd that they both died like this and does require further investigation.

I also found the news sources/or lack of news sources that were discussing this odd.

If she had silicone breast implants, a very good hair analysis might pick up enough platinum from that source alone. Especially if there were problems with them or if they were new.
AFAIK, there is NO oral platinum based chemotherapy. Someone would have had to administer it IV, which is not feasible to me.

Looking at the list of metals detected, I have to wonder what kind of water system the house had? Well water? Old pipes? That would explain nearly every metal showing up in high amounts, including uranium being present at all.

Could also be a food source. Remember earlier this year all the warning about eating rice? Arsenic was present at a higher amount than is allowed due to growing area, and brown rice was even higher than white rice.

She didn't have high levels of arsenic though, so I am still stumped on the correlation between what was found in her hair analysis and what is present in rat poisons.

Hoping for a future article with an expert opinion.

It seems to me that someone maybe did exactly what we can do- computer searches for " poisonous chemicals" and " avoid detection". Maybe even " How to poison a dog and not have it traced" or substitute the word" person" for dog.

The thing that is impressing me the most, however, is that MOST rat poisons have Warfarin in them in large enough doses that if the poison made a person sick, it would also make them visibly bleed. By bleed, I mean bruises on the skin, bleeding from the mouth and rectum and IF Brittany and her husband were seeking medical treatment for pneumonia, etc. the bleeding should be obvious. Also, the anemia, if not present for a long period of time, should have caused a doctor to do a work up to find the source. Another word for Warfarin is Coumadin, the first brand name of the drug for use in humans.

IF she had been taken to a hospital early on, the symptoms would have stopped or gotten much better because the source of the illness, allegedly , the rat poison, was removed. Why didn't this happen? Ditto with her husband.
I've had " acute pneumonia" and was in the hospital for over a week with pulmonologists, infectious disease doctors, and internists looking for the cause of my atypical pneumonia. They never found it, but boy, did they look. I was very close to Brittany's age and extremely healthy, and I almost died. In my case, I'm sure I picked up something really bad from a transient patient who was outpatient only. Large city- large transient population not treated fully for illnesses.

It almost seems that SOMEONE colluded to keep her from hospital observation and care when she got sick. I don't understand how a couple with the financial resources and who was as young as Brittany and her husband just dies at home, withered away from a very old poison type that kills rats. This is not 1950.

I'm calling the " rat poison" into question also, for the above reasons. I believe they were deliberately poisoned, but with only heavy metals, not something which would have caused OBVIOUS bleeding over time like a Warfarin- based " rat poison". JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back