CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the victims instead? We were only allowed the briefest of glances during the trial for fear it would cause undue sympathy from the jury.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438117194.445930.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we've heard the entire family story....either Jimmy was withdrawn which led them to family therapy or he was bashing his sister in the head which led to family therapy...

Now the dad is denying the bash on the head.

Poor Jimmy should have had my parents.......he'd be stark, raving mad.

What I can't get past is JH's father stating he had no idea his son suffered from a mental illness. If JH was mentally ill, how could his father not know?

Unless he worked a lot and didn't spend much time round his kids. But even so, why didn't the mother notice?

Unless he worked a lot and didn't spend much time round his kids. But even so, why didn't the mother notice?

Especially her being a nurse....

I understand the aggravator and mitigator part of a DP trial.....I don't understand how any of this mitigates what "Jimmy" did
I know. I posted earlier that this type of testimony-going thru his life- seems to be more for a sentencing hearing(save his life), much than mitigating.
Showing he had happy events in his life, how would that mitigate the aggravators? His childhood vs mass murder?

Hope no one minds- I can't watch the live videos: Where's Zoey?? I need tweets
-----------------------------------------------------------

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 49m49 minutes ago Castle Rock, CO
Robert Holmes has taken the witness stand to testify in son's trial. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 48m48 minutes ago Castle Rock, CO
JH father: "It's been a difficult experience," he says when asked about attending the trial. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 45m45 minutes ago
Holmes' dad: We planned 2 visit son pre-#theatershooting. We were concerned about breakup/quitting grad school. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1LTcXWg

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 43m43 minutes ago
Holmes' dad emotionless. Says loves son & that he="excellent kid" pre-#theatershooting. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1LTcXWg

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 45m45 minutes ago
#theatershooting
Photo of JH grandparents, aunts, uncles, being shown.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 44m44 minutes ago
#theatershooting
This could be a set up for the mental illness history in the family

#theatershooting
His twin had a breakdown. He didn’t know the diagnosis until court.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 44m44 minutes ago Castle Rock, CO
Robert Holmes says he never realized that mental illness ran in his family. #theatershooting

#theatershooting
JH dad: my father had some issues later in life and spent some time in psych unit

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 39m39 minutes ago
Holmes' dad: My own dad had mental issues later in life & spent time in psych ward.

#theatershooting
His twin sister has been on disability due to her mental illness but functions ok according to JH dad

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 38m38 minutes ago
Holmes' dad: Knew twin sister had breakdown. Didn't know she was schizoaffective until #theatershooting trial.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 42m42 minutes ago
Holmes' dad: Didn't know son=ill pre-#theatershooting. Extended fam didn't discuss mental health issues either. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1LTcXWg

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 42m42 minutes ago
Holmes' dad: Thought twin sister=schizophrenic. She's on disability but functioning. Live #theatershooting testimony: http://link.kdvr.com/1LTcXWg

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 41m41 minutes ago
#theatershooting
JH dad is retired as on Jan. 2014

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 40m40 minutes ago
Holmes' dad: I=hard 2 read. He calls #theatershooting "the event," says he went back 2 work after then retired. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1LTcXWg

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 37m37 minutes ago Castle Rock, CO
Re JH birth: "It was good. He was actually the first kid for both grandparents. It was a big event." #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 36m36 minutes ago Castle Rock, CO
Robert Holmes is looking at his son's baby photosl, which are shown to jurors. #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 42m42 minutes ago
#theatershooting
JH dad met Arlene at Berkely in tennis class. Married in 1985.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 41m41 minutes ago
#theatershooting
Arlene gave birth to JH 2 years after they were married.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 43m43 minutes ago View translation
#theatershooting
JH was born in San Diego on 12/13/1987

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 43m43 minutes ago
#theatershooting
JH dad says he was first grandkid for both sides. Big event. Much like the births of the dead, I am sure.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 36m36 minutes ago
#TheaterShooting court sees Holmes' birth announcement, baby photos of him w/ dad.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 35m35 minutes ago Castle Rock, CO
Defendant watches the screen as his father discusses baby photos. #theatershooting
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLBw6OVUkAA8Sqh.jpg

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 31m31 minutes ago
Holmes' dad: Fam called my bro "Big Jimmy" & son "Little Jimmy." #TheaterShooting court gets whole fam history.

Will C. Holden retweeted
Julie Hayden ‏@HaydenTV 26m26 minutes ago
Prosecution objected to the pics but Judge says defense gets leeway in mitigation phase of death case.#theatershooting

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 29m29 minutes ago
#theatershooting
Video of JH being played which shows him getting a haircut

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 26m26 minutes ago
#theatershooting
Moved to Salinas due to JH grandmother’s health declining

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 25m25 minutes ago
#theatershooting
JH and Chris
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLB0CVlWoAAAnin.png

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 25m25 minutes ago
#theatershooting
JH family photos
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLB0PrDW8AAsL5g.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLB0QjAWwAASNtT.png

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 17m17 minutes ago
#theatershooting
Lots of photos of JH as a child being shown with his dad narrating them

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 14m14 minutes ago
#theatershooting
Dad says JH was a good kid - not outgoing but got along with everyone well.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 29m29 minutes ago Castle Rock, CO
Jurors will be shown a map of all the places in California where JH lived with his parents. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 15m15 minutes ago Castle Rock, CO
Robert: Halloween was a huge holiday in their neighborhood. Kids would dress up, haunted houses. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 13m13 minutes ago Castle Rock, CO
"That was a bunch of kids screaming," Robert says after jurors saw a video of Holmes as a child. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 4m4 minutes ago Castle Rock, CO
Now jurors are seeing photos from when the family moved back to San Diego. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 14m14 minutes ago
While son "wasn't outgoing," Holmes' dad says he "seemed to get along w/ everybody."

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 11m11 minutes ago
#theatershooting
JH didn’t adjust well after moving so they saw a family counselor. Chris made friends but JH had trouble doing so

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 6m6 minutes ago
#theatershooting
Dad’s testimony seems to show a normal upbringing.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 4m4 minutes ago
#theatershooting
JH was academically gifted in high school. For fun, he played sports and paintball/video games

he Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 3m3 minutes ago
#theatershooting
Reminder: Every murderer was once a kid.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 3m3 minutes ago
#theatershooting
JH didn’t require many limits other than time spent playing video games and chores.

he Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 3m3 minutes ago
#theatershooting
Chris was clingy to JH as a kid. As they got older, they drifted apart as expected.

he Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting
JH dad says that he never remember JH ever hitting Chris.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting
No violence

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting
The jury has to see these pics and realize that Veronica and her unborn sibling never got the chance at childhood JH had

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 42s42 seconds ago
#theatershooting
JH dad has packet of soccer stuff, teams, photos, throughout his childhood/teen years

Especially her being a nurse....

She said in that article posted earlier that people said she is a psychiatric nurse and that's not true. Even so, a mother knows her children. She should know if they have a drastic mood change.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 3m3 minutes ago Castle Rock, CO
JH continues to swivel in his chair at the defense table, just feet from where his father is testifying. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 2m2 minutes ago
Holmes' dad talks about moving pre-#theatershooting. Daughter made friends, Holmes' didn't. Fam saw counselor.

What I can't get past is JH's father stating he had no idea his son suffered from a mental illness. If JH was mentally ill, how could his father not know?
Not just that-I was quite shocked that father had no idea about his sister, and other family members were mentally ill.

Said he found out about them during the investigation for the trial?

They didn't talk about it at all. I understand 'family secrets', but to have no idea...?

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 2m2 minutes ago Castle Rock, CO
Jurors are now watching JH kick goals in soccer as a boy. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 1m1 minute ago
Holmes' dad: Daughter & son=clingy as kids. They drifted as they aged, as expected

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 1m1 minute ago
Holmes' dad: Son didn't need many boundaries as kid aside from limits on video games.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 26s26 seconds ago Castle Rock, CO
"When Jimmy was really young we did a lot of videotaping, but it kind of dwindled over the years," Robert says. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 9s9 seconds ago Castle Rock, CO
Judge calls a 20-minute break for #theatershooting jurors.

Personally I do not think he was all that mentally ill. No one noticed any changes, not his best friend that knew him as a kid and in college. I think he is just an evil guy, and he kept that hidden.

Not just that-I was quite shocked that father had no idea about his sister, and other family members were mentally ill.

They didn't talk about it at all. I understand 'family secrets', but to have no idea...?

That amazes me too. It's sensible to know your close family history. Maybe he is denying knowledge so that people can't say he should have seen the mental health issues coming?

With my in-laws- no one speaks about any problems in the family (everything is always rosy)- brushing the junk under the rug for no-one
to see at all times is their motto, so not unusual, IMO.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 3m3 minutes ago Castle Rock, CO
Brady forgot to turn on her microphone. Brauchler withdraws his objection to some family photos. #theatershooting

Personally I do not think he was all that mentally ill. No one noticed any changes, not his best friend that knew him as a kid and in college. I think he is just an evil guy, and he kept that hidden.

Good point. The two guys who testified yesterday both saw him in Dec 2011. They said he was exactly the same person they'd known for years.

Isn't that what sister said????

Welcome back lovely!

I don't remember her saying that. And there was me thinking I was so clever to notice lol!

She said in that article posted earlier that people said she is a psychiatric nurse and that's not true. Even so, a mother knows her children. She should know if they have a drastic mood change.

packing :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members