TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope people understand from this that claiming you just sat there and did nothing, none of my bizznezz, doesnt work. He'll spend the rest of his life in prison.

Wow, we have a new expression! :crazy: His thumb is out now:
149xy00.jpg

I wonder what it means... ;)

I didn't notice, SG. That would be strange. He used their first names last time, and it was enough to scare me for them.

I think there's a gang element, like jn (?) said, that isn't being spoken about much, but I wouldn't want them to know I was a juror. :eek:

I hadn't heard him do that before, but he was referring to the foreman by his first name, then when he polled them he called them each by their first name. No thank you if I was on that jury... I would be scared too and would NOT want my information out there at all, even my first name!

Vanessa's trial is in May, or was it July? At least the families can relax a bit for a few months. Been pretty emotional for them since August, nearly non-stop. And I'd hope that TK and Price take next week off.

3 down that will never see the light of day again. 2 more. Justice for Channon and Chris. May can not come quick enough!

Thanks to everyone for all the coverage and conversation during these trials, I feel like I've gained a ton of new friends in our quest for Channon and Chris and I'm honestly glad to gotten to know each and every one of you guys!

It's good to see lots of hugs and smiles with the families. :)

Vanessa's trial is in May, or was it July? At least the families can relax a bit for a few months. Been pretty emotional for them since August, nearly non-stop. And I'd hope that TK and Price take next week off.

Vanessa's trial is set for May. And Amen! :bow: TK and Price.

3 down that will never see the light of day again. 2 more. Justice for Channon and Chris. May can not come quick enough!

Thanks to everyone for all the coverage and conversation during these trials, I feel like I've gained a ton of new friends in our quest for Channon and Chris and I'm honestly glad to gotten to know each and every one of you guys!

I agree, thank you all for keeping us updated. I am sure we will all be back in May, I can't wait for that one.

Families' interview: Delay in VC's trial takes this into the fourth year. :(

Perps didn't walk to Washington Ridge (Apts), Boyd ('E') had to have driven them there.

:parrot:

I found out pretty quick after a major Capital Murder trial that I had served as juror that your names are made available to the press following the trial. They will call you and request interviews, etc. An author covering the trail wrote a book about it, a Lifetime movie was made too. I found out later that I was on Hard Copy, in the book he wrote and portrayed in the movie. My actual name is in the book. Very surprising....

Anyway, I hope we don't all get a surprise on this Article 29 ruling from Judge B. We will know before January 11th. I'm not surprised at the sentencing, I was hoping for the death sentence for all of these thugs, but you get what you get. I can live with the verdict as long as he doesn't ever see the light of day on the outside again.

I want to thank all of you hard working posters who worked so diligently to inform all of us who could not watch the entire trial. I certainly do appreciate all your efforts. I, too feel like I have made new friends and if I'm still kicking I'll be with you on the next trial.

I want to thank all of you hard working posters who worked so diligently to inform all of us who could not watch the entire trial. I certainly do appreciate all your efforts. I, too feel like I have made new friends and if I'm still kicking I'll be with you on the next trial.

I feel the same way, thanks for giving out the 'thanks'!

Life sentence: Jury sentences George Thomas to life in prison, no parole

The jury in the George Thomas murder trial has recommended a sentence of life in prison with no chance for parole for murders of Chris Newsom and Channon Christian.

The jury noted numerous aggravating circumstances for each of the murders but found they did not outweigh mitigating circumstances.

Thomas was convicted of both the felony murder and premeditated murder of both victims.

His sentence now matches that of Letalvis Cobbins, who was convicted of the murder of Channon Christian but only the facilitation of the murder of Chris Newsom.

-snip-

George Thomas did not stand as the jury came into the courtroom and has not done so, since they convicted him on Tuesday. :eek:

A panel of 12 Chattanooga jurors began their deliberations at 8:36 a.m. on Thursday morning.
-snip-

The court saw the first signs of emotion from Thomas on Wednesday afternoon as his mother begged for his life, then told her son she loves him.

Regardless of what the sentence is for Thomas, he will leave Knox County for another jail cell shortly after the sentence is shared with the judge.
-snip-

Full story:
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=107409&catid=2

Well, that was smart, wasn't it? Dis the people who still hold your life in their hands?

Not that we didn't already know he was a stupid beast, but still. I'm amazed.

:rings: :grouphug:

If you're "still kicking" friend... :eek: ok you're scaring me now... thinking of going somewhere...? :waitasec:

:parrot:

So GT would stand for the jury. Guess what George, that jury is going home tonight. You're going to a cold cell; forEVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa