Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #68 *Appeal Verdict*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very impressive to see what Team Pistorius has achieved today. His lawyers have done a fantastic job of defending their client and obtaining bail on his behalf. Kudos to them.

Once Oscar is in front of the CC, there's a real opportunity for change in South African law, perhaps making things better for others that find themselves in the same circumstances as Oscar.

Who would have thought that in the end, it was Oscar who would be the one fighting for social change.

Once Oscar puts this unfortunate accident behind him, who knows, maybe he can even start his own legal career, Roux and Pistorius, Barristers of Law.

Nice deflection.

I mean specifically in that situation, what would you have done?

You brought it up in the post I quoted.

I will let you off the hook if you like.

Au contraire! It was no deflection, I wanted to bring it back to what I'd have done differently. That's my honest and heartfelt answer.

He murdered her, before he murdered her he emotionally abused her. After he murdered her he emotionally abused her parents, friends and family. He has outraged people across the world. To him this is all a game and I for one will not indulge in any misguided empathic or apathic attempts to detract from what he did that night and his subsequent failures to take responsibility and atone for his evil.

It's very impressive to see what Team Pistorius has achieved today. His lawyers have done a fantastic job of defending their client and obtaining bail on his behalf. Kudos to them.

Once Oscar is in front of the CC, there's a real opportunity for change in South African law, perhaps making things better for others that find themselves in the same circumstances as Oscar.

Who would have thought that in the end, it was Oscar who would be the one fighting for social change.

Once Oscar puts this unfortunate accident behind him, who knows, maybe he can even start his own legal career, Roux and Pistorius, Barristers of Law.

Obtaining bail on his behalf? Erm....the State agreed in advance not to oppose bail. Roux obtained nothing.

Reeva's death was an "unfortunate accident?" Four bullets, one in the brain, is never an accident.

In the UK, convicted murderers can't practice law.

But as wind ups go, this one isn't particularly effective. Bit too far with the "Roux & Pistorius, Barristers at Law" bit. I'd give up, if I were you.

Maybe Annaliese Burgess??

It was good to see Mr. Pistorius a little bit brighter than when he was in trial. It would be good to see him get stronger emotionally as he has now had sufficient time to mourn the loss of Reeva Steenkamp and come to terms with his hand in her unfortunate demise.

It was obvious that a broken medicated and remorseful Mr. Pistorius was unable to properly defend himself against a rabid prosecutor in the first trial.

With Mr. Pistorius now studying law and appreciating his hard work ethic and considering the free time he will have to study and learn, I believe he will be bringing much litigation against people both in the court system and those who defamed him in the press and on the internet.

Hi Aimee :)

provocateurs:

I wish that the only response offered to posters who appear merely to be provocateurs is simply - and only - to politely suggest, each and every time they post, that they immediately go back to Thread #1 and read through every single post in every single Thread up to the present.

And I am not talking about people who merely hold a different point of view.

It's logical and it shouldn't even need suggestion.

I responsibly followed that path when I jumped into this forum mid-stream. Every question I had, had already been stated, addressed, and argued ad infinitum (non-stop).

By the time I caught up, I was in the best place to make positive contributions going forward, not to drag everyone back into endless, fruitless, and exhausting circles.

If the suggestion is made and isn't followed, we're seeing the fraying flapping flag flown by all provocateurs.

At that point, they should be wholly ignored, other than to receive polite restatements of the same suggestion, over and over again, any time they post with material that has already been covered.

It's a game with provocateurs. They feed off of the attention -- and negative attention is always the easiest to create.

I say, let's stop feeding them.

Now, if there's some secondary gain to engaging with them that I'm missing, please let me know because I don't get it.

It's a choice, it's our choice, and I hope we make it.

First off, he did take up a defensive position ... twice ... and told them to get out ... and gave them time to do so. There was no response to either challenge. (understandable given the situation)

Second, as was just posted a little while back, it takes Mr. Pistoriuis 20 seconds to put on his prosthetics and the open window in the bathroom is only 5 seconds away. You do the math. It is most likely that if there were intruders and if they charged the bedroom they would have gotten there before Mr. Pistorius reached his gun. The bedroom door is locked with the cricket bat jammed against it.

I will ask you what you would of done? There is a gun right there and you are instantly scared for the safety of both your partner and yourself. If you have no concern for your partner you stay right there with her maybe fumbling with the cricket bat and door, waiting for whomever to rush into the room ... or you suck it up quickly and the best you can you put yourself (despite your disability) between the perceived threat and your partner.

Every gun used for self defense must be loaded.

The updated version of you so called zombie stomper is used by many many law enforcement officers everywhere ( except South Africa). Why? Because they are the safest bullet to use. You don't want to kill innocent bystanders. They limit collateral damage by expanding in the intended target therefore losing a lot of their energy. To use anything else would be reckless.

A 9mm is a middle of the road caliber, not a high calibre hand gun. Most police use them.

All good stuff but you forgot several people heard Reeva screaming.................he executed her.....................intruders lol yeah rite

Perhaps some of us are not making as much use of the "ignore" button as we should.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am finding the attention-seeking nonsense that we keep having to plough through tiresome and boring.

Relax ... it's OK to be challenged and if you are right then there should be no problem. If you are wrong on some points then it is not the end of the world, we are all only human. Adjust and move on.

I will address your previous points when I get some time to give you a worthy answer.

As well to Mr. Connelly

During the Rite of Exorcism priests are advised that during the latter parts of the Rite, it is more likely that the demonic spirit will become manifest in more abominable forms in last ditch desperate attempt to curse their "healer" before they are banished. Priests know that the battle is already won and this futile display, whilst occasionally, annoying, scary and disconcerting, is a sign the end is near. All that is needed is for the final amen to be administered.

Enjoy these phyrric victories for they are fleeting but their consequences echo into eternity!

Interesting too that these "provocateurs" have a tendency to use similar grammar, sentence construction and syntax.

Relax ... it's OK to be challenged and if you are right then there should be no problem. If you are wrong on some points then it is not the end of the world, we are all only human. Adjust and move on.

I will address your previous points when I get some time to give you a worthy answer.

As well to Mr. Connelly

No idea what you're on about.

The media should remember they will not be handled with Kid gloves, only murderers get that privilege.

All good stuff but you forgot several people heard Reeva screaming.................he executed her.....................intruders lol yeah rite

There was an incident in Oz last week where the police attended a scene where witnesses heard a woman screaming for help and heard a man threatening to kill her. When they arrived there was just a single man who had a battle with a spider. I think he won the battle but his screams were interpreted as being from a woman. Witnesses can be wrong.

provocateurs:

I wish that the only response offered to posters who appear merely to be provocateurs is simply - and only - to politely suggest, each and every time they post, that they immediately go back to Thread #1 and read through every single post in every single Thread up to the present.

And I am not talking about people who merely hold a different point of view.

It's logical and it shouldn't even need suggestion.

I responsibly followed that path when I jumped into this forum mid-stream. Every question I had, had already been stated, addressed, and argued ad infinitum (non-stop).

By the time I caught up, I was in the best place to make positive contributions going forward, not to drag everyone back into endless, fruitless, and exhausting circles.

If the suggestion is made and isn't followed, we're seeing the fraying flapping flag flown by all provocateurs.

At that point, they should be wholly ignored, other than to receive polite restatements of the same suggestion, over and over again, any time they post with material that has already been covered.

It's a game with provocateurs. They feed off of the attention -- and negative attention is always the easiest to create.

I say, let's stop feeding them.

Now, if there's some secondary gain to engaging with them that I'm missing, please let me know because I don't get it.

It's a choice, it's our choice, and I hope we make it.

You're right of course and behind every good provocateur is a narcissist and sociopath too modest to take the glory. So... They just pretend they're provocateurs but it's altogether more sinister than that. After all, birds of a feather...

Apologies if it's answered elsewhere, but would you explain why Nel didn't oppose the bail application. I just can't see why and can't get an answer.

Wow he's like a modern day Nelson Mandela isn't he?, maybe you could write a song about him if you not to busy Aimee.

You're right of course and behind every good provocateur is a narcissist and sociopath too modest to take the glory. So... They just pretend they're provocateurs but it's altogether more sinister than that. After all, birds of a feather...

Even the prosecution has conceded on per-meditation so I find it a bit disconcerting that the birds here seem to fully still embrace that he killed Reeva in cold blood.

If it's not per-meditiated murder then I must lean towards Oscar Pistorius believing that there was an intruder.

So I challenge you all to prove your case. So far you are only "flocking up" to use your analogy and attack anyone who has a different opinion or reminds you of the facts of the case.

Apologies if it's answered elsewhere, but would you explain why Nel didn't oppose the bail application. I just can't see why and can't get an answer.

Hi L2L,

I did attempt to answer this in the previous thread if you want to look back. I'm browsing this on my iPad at the moment so it's a chore to go back and reference it. If you can't find it I'll look again tomorrow when I have my PC to hand.

Even the prosecution has conceded on per-meditation so I find it a bit disconcerting that the birds here seem to fully still embrace that he killed Reeva in cold blood.

If it's not per-meditiated murder then I must lean towards Oscar Pistorius believing that there was an intruder.

So I challenge you all to prove your case. So far you are only "flocking up" to use your analogy and attack anyone who has a different opinion or reminds you of the facts of the case.

The prosecution hasn't conceded on pre-meditated murder. If there were a retrial I'd bet my bottom dollar they would re-institute exactly the same charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member