WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wonder if it's possible Lyle was from Alaska He looks a lot like the native Alaskans

Patrick as diagnosed with incurable condition causing blindness retinitis pigmentosa. Don't know exactly what that means, but you would think they could detect this in Lyle.

I didn't think that this was Lyle either, right even when someone put as a possibility. Also the facial features are off.

On another forum (one that I don't belong to) someone suggested Todd Russel Fraser. Big problem- there were too many differences. Todd has both ears pierced, has a scar over his right eye, a scar on his right foot, brown hair.
Todd Russel Fraser: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3455dmbc.html

I don't see a resemblance with Todd either.

I hate to be the nay-sayer in the group, because I would love to see him id'ed as much as anyone else, but I don't think he'll be found on a missing person website. I just don't think he's been reported. I do watch any updates to such sites since it seems that older cases are being dug out of the depths and made public.

I don't see a resemblance with Todd either.

I hate to be the nay-sayer in the group, because I would love to see him id'ed as much as anyone else, but I don't think he'll be found on a missing person website. I just don't think he's been reported. I do watch any updates to such sites since it seems that older cases are being dug out of the depths and made public.

I don't think he was ever reported missing either, but then neither were many of DoeNet's ID successes. AMW just aired the "Boots" case (aka. DoeNet case file 260UFNM) and have just added Grandma Doe on their website, so maybe they might do Lyle sometime in the future or maybe a show will air something about him on the 7th anniversary of his death this year

Is it me, or is it possible that Lyle could have used other names before he came to Washington. Maybe Lyle could have been a runaway and could have been on his own for a few years- maybe that's why nobody can recognize him. If Lyle was around 20 at the time of his death, he could have run away 5-7 (approx.1994-1996) years prior and contacted nobody for that amount of time.

Is it me, or is it possible that Lyle could have used other names before he came to Washington. Maybe Lyle could have been a runaway and could have been on his own for a few years- maybe that's why nobody can recognize him. If Lyle was around 20 at the time of his death, he could have run away 5-7 (approx.1994-1996) years prior and contacted nobody for that amount of time.

Lyle was too old to be a runaway and he defiantly isn't Irish The under tones of his skin are too dark. IMO he looks like he came from Alaska. Has anyone every sent his picture to the police there?

Lyle was too old to be a runaway and he defiantly isn't Irish The under tones of his skin are too dark. IMO he looks like he came from Alaska. Has anyone every sent his picture to the police there?

Yes and also to all the first nation tribes as well. No responses that I know of.

Interesting about Navajo culture and suicide. It got me to thinking more generally about the other side of the question: who are these families that don't go looking for their missing relatives? Was Lyle disowned? Did he not have any family living? Are they in another country without access to media or technology? Are they mentally ill or drug addicted? Would they have reason not to panic when they haven't had contact with him for years?

I am working on the assumption here that Lyle concealed his real identity in order to spare his loved-ones the pain and/or expense of his death. So, you'd think he wasn't a totally isolated individual. You don't need to conceal your identity if no one knows who you are in the first place.

Does anyone else have any other thoughts about this?

Are they in another country without access to media or technology? Are they mentally ill or drug addicted? Would they have reason not to panic when they haven't had contact with him for years?

Why wasn't I ever able come up with those questions?!:banghead:

Maybe he was a foster child?

I understood the "runaway" comment that he may have run away from home several years ago, as a young teen, which accounted for no one claiming him all these years later...

outofthedark...don't mean to speak for you, just wanted to clarify how i interpreted your comment...

For some reason, these are the 2 things I think about Lyle:

I have always thought and felt that he was gay. I have nothing to explain myself and i mean no disrespect to him. Just my first gut instinct.

And, this came up earlier, I somehow connect him to the 9/11 tragedy. Did he lose someone there? Was he mentally unstable and it just sent him over the edge? With his coloring and looks, was he connected to the terror suspects? I have wondered if there was "fasting" involved with the terror plots (to explain his weight loss)...

He's very baffling...:confused:

I understood the "runaway" comment that he may have run away from home several years ago, as a young teen, which accounted for no one claiming him all these years later...

outofthedark...don't mean to speak for you, just wanted to clarify how i interpreted your comment...

You are right about my comment because that is what I meant

http://doenetwork.org/cases/3414dmnm.html

Pernell Lloyd Tewangoitewa
Missing since May 29, 1998 from Farmington, New Mexico
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'2"; 175 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Native male. (Navajo-Hopi ) Black hair; brown eyes. Sometimes wears gold toned, wire framed eyeglasses.
  • Clothing: Light blue shirt and blue jeans.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Pernell Tewa was last seen May 29, 1998 with his sister and friends at Gators Bar and Grill in Farmington, New Mexico.
According to witnesses he was seen leaving Gator’s parking lot at 1:30 AM and heading east on Main Street alone. He never made it home that night.
It is believed that Pernell detoured and went to a party that took place in Flora Vista, New Mexico.
On June 18, the Silver Subaru hatchback that he was driving was discovered completely burned in Choke Cherry Canyon, about five miles northwest of Farmington.
Farmington police processed the scene on June 20 and filed a missing-person report. The cause of the car fire was later determined to be arson.
The case remains unsolved, although investigators have looked at a possible connection to an alleged serial killer in the area. Although Pernell is classified as a missing person, police say they are treating the case as a homicide.
Pernell was a student at a local cosmetology school and lived with his sister at her house in Bloomfield about 10 miles southeast of Farmington.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Farmington Police Department
Detective Robert Perez
505-599-1010
Or
San Juan County Sheriff's Department
Detective Scott Charles
505-334-6108

NCIC Number:
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
Pernell Lloyd Tewangoitewa

I wonder if this guy was ever considered a possible match? He is part Navajo. He has no earlobes. He is the same height. I think he resembles Lyle as much as any other missing persons that have been considered, especially the leftmost picture which I think looks similar to Lyle profile. It also says he was enrolled as a Cosmetology student which could explain his perfect teeth, neat appearance, etc. It says that he is classified as a missing person but the case is being investigated as a homicide, but I don't think that should keep him from being considered. What does everyone think?

Lyle has a very distinct "unibrow." I haven't spotted that in any of the possible matches...

For some reason, these are the 2 things I think about Lyle:

I have always thought and felt that he was gay. I have nothing to explain myself and i mean no disrespect to him. Just my first gut instinct.

And, this came up earlier, I somehow connect him to the 9/11 tragedy. Did he lose someone there? Was he mentally unstable and it just sent him over the edge? With his coloring and looks, was he connected to the terror suspects? I have wondered if there was "fasting" involved with the terror plots (to explain his weight loss)...

He's very baffling...:confused:

Yes, it's been a while since I read through the boards but I did come across the 9/11 theory. It's a good one.

I think the fact that he might be gay is a reasonable guess. I was actually thinking of that when I wondered if his family disowned him. Heck, I've had friends who ended up homeless when they came out b/c their (sometimes very wealthy) families disowned them.

Lyle has a very distinct "unibrow." I haven't spotted that in any of the possible matches...
I don't think he should be ruled out just because he doesn't have a unibrow. For all we know he could have kept it trimmed or plucked in 1998. I know that sound silly but is still possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend