Pre-Trial Hearings & Discussion

I only caught the tail end of a report on HLN, they said something about not releasing info due to public outrage. This is so awful. :(

from link that SS provided:

Superior Court Judge Linda Lofthus ruled that the results of the autopsy and other medical tests in the case will remain under seal. She said there's a danger of public outrage if the scientific data were to be made public. The judge says releasing the information would also be harmful to the Cantu family's privacy rights.

Dan says Huckaby showed no emotion during the proceedings

Poor Sandra what did she do to you? :(

#cantu Melissa Huckaby arraignment delayed to May 22.. Autopsy records to remain sealed to protect Cantu family. http://tinyurl.com/cfk83p

The is chilling.

"Superior Court Judge Linda Lofthus ruled that the results of the autopsy and other medical tests in the case will remain under seal. She said there's a danger of public outrage if the scientific data were to be made public."

Bless Sandra, may she rest in peace.

Danger of public outrage.
This makes my skin crawl.

RIP, dear Sandra. There will be justice for you.

OMG! I have never heard a Judge say that before. :( It sounds extremely horrific.

Is this why they decided not to pursue the second autopsy?

Why does it matter if there is more public outrage?! We are already outraged at this woman having raped and murdered Sandra!! Especially since other things are coming to light which are huge red flags and were discounted or overlooked by LE in the past.

I have never heard a judge say that before either. This must be much more heinous and violent and just so horrible than I could have ever imagined. Sleep with the angels Sandra.

I can't ponder this, it is making me have tears in my eyes.

The is chilling.

"Superior Court Judge Linda Lofthus ruled that the results of the autopsy and other medical tests in the case will remain under seal. She said there's a danger of public outrage if the scientific data were to be made public."

The scientific data must be pretty horrifying.

R.I.P Sandra.

So no plea? and now COD is under the gag order?

What a bunch of you know what!!!!

Salem

I am NOT suggesting anything bad about the victims family or friends, but the autopsy could have revealed prior abuse or drugging (longer than 6 months ago- or whenever MH moved into the area) and the judge does not want to start a witch-hunt in the media. Judges usually don't "care" about (consider) public opinion in making rulings unless innocent people are involved- if it just made MH look bad, I don't think the judge would have said what she said.

Or maybe, hopefully, the judge is just being prudent about MH getting a "fair trial" in the county. It'll all come out at trial, so why risk tainting the jury pool now?

I am so glad that CA treats cases this way. I have become even more appreciative after seeing all the information released during the CA trial. FL is just OTT imo.

The is chilling.

As soon as the term "foreign object" was mentioned, I thought it might be too horrific to have released to potential jurors. I just pray Sandra was completely unconscious. :furious: MOO

I am NOT suggesting anything bad about the victims family or friends, but the autopsy could have revealed prior abuse or drugging (longer than 6 months ago- or whenever MH moved into the area) and the judge does not want to start a witch-hunt in the media. Judges usually don't "care" about (consider) public opinion in making rulings unless innocent people are involved- if it just made MH look bad, I don't think the judge would have said what she said.

Or maybe, hopefully, the judge is just being prudent about MH getting a "fair trial" in the county. It'll all come out at trial, so why risk tainting the jury pool now?
I think it's entirely possible there was prior abuse and drugging ~ from the many visits Sandra made to the house MH lived in. I also think it was a wise decision by the judge; the public doesn't need to know the details until the trial and the taxpayers don't need to be paying for a costly change of venue. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back