IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
123F Thanks!
Looking at the images on google of 2005-2007 Summit White Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT Crew Cab 4x4 & Colorado they all look the same.

The truck was described as a Chevrolet Silverado full-size truck or a Chevrolet Colorado mid-size truck, believed to be a mid-2000s year model with four doors, a short bed and distinctive wheels.

The truck does have a bed liner and had equipment in the back, police said. It's believed to have a logo or writing of some kind on the doors and on the tailgate.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28245536/detail.html

the length of the hood from the front end to where it meets the windshield is less on the Colorado than the Silverado and in the LE photos it looks longer to me.

The CL truck is located in Illinois. They posted it in the Bloomington Craigslist for greater exposure. The OP stated it's just for comparison. It's not the truck LE is looking for.

Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters showed pictures of a white truck first seen on surveillance video at 4:14 a.m. driving westbound on 10th Street approaching Morton Street.
The truck appeared to drive northbound on Morton before reappearing on video at 4:24 a.m., again driving westbound on 10th Street approaching Morton, police said.
Qualters stressed that the times associated with the video have not been verified by police and may not be exact.

This changes the order of things from what I *thought* I heard at the tail end of the presser.

The truck was last sighted going west on 10th St., not north on Morton. In other words, 1) the driver headed west on 10th toward Morton; 2) made a right on Morton heading northward; 3) probably made right turns at 11th and College to circle the block 4) turned right on 10th, driving west again.

If a camera didn't pick him up a second time driving north onMorton, that could indicate he continued west on 10th or turned left (south) at Morton.

I have to look at Btown's photos again to see where the cameras are on Morton betwee 9th and 11th.

Wether the LE truck is a Colorado or Silverado, one thing I am sure of is that it is a 4x4. If you look at the reflection in the window of the LE photo you can see how much it is raised. This to me is indication of a 4x4.

If they know there was some writing on the tail of the truck, could they not see the license plate? How else would they know of writing on the back? At least they would get an idea of type of plate, to narrow down to Indiana. Maybe even a glimpse at the county sticker...

I have a couple of ideas:

1. Can someone please trace the route of the truck on a map and post it here? (I am not a computer wiz.) If we can visually see how the truck circles the block we may be able to get a better sense of the trucks movements and how it correlates with where Lauren purportedly was. For example, if the truck was driving down an adjacent street at the same time Lauren was walking..the driver could have seen her and circled the block planning to catch her at a certain point. (ugh I hate the thought of that)

2. I believe IU has a DP Dough restaurant. They are great 24 hour delivery calzones. Excellent food when you are drunk and wanting a late night snack!We should look to see what 24 hour late night delivery spots are on or around campus to see if any delivery driver drives a white truck, and to ask if they saw anything.

3. Who does the apartment complex and neighboring complexes hire for landscape work? It looked to me like there was equipment in the truck and it had a company logo on it. We should check to see which companies cover that area. Also..any construction projects going on nearby? The truck had an industrial look, so I think we should look at workers who would be showing up to a job site early in the morning.

If they know there was some writing on the tail of the truck, could they not see the license plate? How else would they know of writing on the back? At least they would get an idea of type of plate, to narrow down to Indiana. Maybe even a glimpse at the county sticker...

Totally agree!

I have to look at Btown's photos again to see where the cameras are on Morton betwee 9th and 11th.

Let me think...could be at one of the bail bondsmen offices right there across from the Showers Plaza.

The rims on the front and back wheels look different to me. That could be a big identifier for this truck. Did LE note this during the conference? Or am I just seeing things funny?

That is one of the things I noticed when I saw the pic of the truck... looks like the front hub cap may be missing. AND it sure looks to me like there is a person in the back of the truck... NOT equipment!

With the truck circling around, I can't help but think this may be the key in breaking this case wide open.

IMO, the truck not stopping at the red light may not be that significant, unless involved with the disappearance of Lauren. I know when I have been out and about around 4'rish in the morning that I have slid through red lights without stopping but that was because I was in a hurry to make it to the airport to catch a flight.

Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters showed pictures of a white truck first seen on surveillance video at 4:14 a.m. driving westbound on 10th Street approaching Morton Street.
The truck appeared to drive northbound on Morton before reappearing on video at 4:24 a.m., again driving westbound on 10th Street approaching Morton, police said.
Qualters stressed that the times associated with the video have not been verified by police and may not be exact.

4:14 to 4:24.
Ten minutes to go around 1 block during low traffic time, even though they did not stop for the stop sign.

I should go to the grocery store more often! These new pictures come out the 1 day I've been away in a week!

I am stunned at the clarity of the video! You can clearly see the opposite sides of the street in the reflections of the glass on those buildings. Even if a camera was not pointed at the right side of the street, it seem possible that Lauren could have appeared on one somewhere.

I sure hope this leads somewhere. That truck has custom tires and writing on the doors...it should stand out when looking for it. To me, there's a darn good reason it circled and drove off without stopping at the light! I am on board with those of you who say it looks like someone is in the back too...my first thoughts when I saw it was that someone was crouched back there.

That is one of the things I noticed when I saw the pic of the truck... looks like the front hub cap may be missing. AND it sure looks to me like there is a person in the back of the truck... NOT equipment!

With the truck circling around, I can't help but think this may be the key in breaking this case wide open.

IMO, the truck not stopping at the red light may not be that significant, unless involved with the disappearance of Lauren. I know when I have been out and about around 4'rish in the morning that I have slid through red lights without stopping but that was because I was in a hurry to make it to the airport to catch a flight.

I think not stopping at a red light could be important. Was the truck running the light as he turned to circle the block? He could have seen Lauren and so he sped up.

Wether the LE truck is a Colorado or Silverado, one thing I am sure of is that it is a 4x4. If you look at the reflection in the window of the LE photo you can see how much it is raised. This to me is indication of a 4x4.

I think it's most definitely a 4x4. Was there a year where the 4x4 on the box does not include the red. IIRC most of the time the "x" from 4x4 is in red. The truck shown, it is definitely not red.

Ten minutes to go around 1 block during low traffic time, even though they did not stop for the stop sign.

so 10 minutes to slowly creep around the block twice...yet the truck runs a red light? what was the truck all of a sudden in a hurry for? HINKY METER GOING OFF!

Does someone know how to post a map tracing the trucks route and pointing out where the red light was run?

Why would you assume that it just went around the block?

I think it's most definitely a 4x4. Was there a year where the 4x4 on the box does not include the red. IIRC most of the time the "x" from 4x4 is in red. The truck shown, it is definitely not red.

Agreed!

Ugh....another white truck!!! Terri Horman anyone???!!!! Grr....

I'm not sure what's in the back, but after looking really hard, and possibly seeing things...LOL....does it appear to anyone else that a girl may be sitting in the back? Like sitting with their knees up and leaning on her knees. Could be white top and black bottoms. Her back would be against the back window of the truck. You can kind of make out the hair length if you look really closely?? Surely my eyes are playing tricks on me right????

Is there a possibility that LE never finds the truck/driver?

I really think we might be able to solve the case if we find this truck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member