17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've been looking for the site that I read last night that talked about the lack of heavy bleeding from a bullet wound to the chest with a 9mm. I read that most of the bleeding could be internally and that the small amount of external blood could be "bandaged" in a way by the clothing covering the wound.

I know I read it. I just can't find it. And after looking for the last hour, and the photos that have popped up (horrible), I am throwing in the towel.

So, I guess we can say my statement was rumor or opinion.

I'll keep a look out for it and if I see it, I'll post.

You are correct that with a penetrating chest wound a lot of blood is going to remain in he chest cavity, it is not going to all spurt out, but IMO and I am not a medical examiner or a forensic pathologist or anything, but IMO if this incident happend the way we have been told it did with Trayvon on top of George when he was shot, I do not believe that George's gray shirt would be without some spots and smears of blood large enough to be easily seen in the video. IMO JMHO and stuff

But Robert Zimmerman's detaling of the altercation between his son and Martin aired the same night that ABC News broadcast police surveillance video showing Zimmerman the night of the shooting which seems to contradict his son's story. A handcuffed Zimmerman is shown being led by police into the station, and he has no visible injuries or blood stains on his body.

Yesterday, the special prosecutor in the case said that police at the scene requested a warrant for Zimmerman's arrest, but were rebuffed and told to wait.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/29/zimmermans-fathers-claims_n_1386981.html?

Yeah. That really chapped my arse.

This is America everyday. Even on May 5th.

JMO and I know it's off topic.

Sorry

Schools band certain items because they are gang-affiliated - symbols, beads, bandanas, colors, and aren't appropriate in a school setting. In some places a blue shirt might just be a blue shirt. In other places a blue shirt might be an identifier, a statement, a challenge. Hoodies worn up over the head are generally disallowed on the same principle as hats. In schools with thousands of kids, its hard enough to identify an individual as it is, and can be nearly impossible if they're wearing a hat or a hoodie. Both of these boil down to safety issues - creating a safe environment for all students, not just the student who is told they can't wear this or that or a hat or hood. Schools certainly didn't ask for gangs to roll in.

That's why I asked about the feasibility of TM trying to reach for the gun.

There's reason to believe that Trayvon Martin certainly did reach for the gun, AFTER George Zimmerman cocked it and pointed it towards his chest.

It has been reported that the gun was recovered with a full magazine and that only the chambered round had been fired. This is a condition we associate with something preventing the gun from cycling a fresh round from the magazine into the chamber after the shot was discharged. One thing that can cause that is another man’s hand wrapped around the pistol, retarding its slide mechanism.

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/Mass...mmerman-and-trayvon-martin-what-we-dont-know/

The boy's hand may very well have been wrapped around Zimmerman's pistol as he fired the shot that ended his young life.

George Zimmerman Shows No Sign of Injury in Video Taken After Killing

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/03/29...y-in-video-taken-after-killing/#ixzz1qWHPPJG3

Although George Zimmerman claimed to police that he was pummeled and had his nose broken by Trayvon Martin just before he pulled his gun and shot the teenager to death, a Sanford Police Department surveillance video shows no apparent signs that he had been in a fight of the kind he described.

Hoods are actually banned in a number of places.

One of our local banks has a sign on their door that says "no hoodies".

That sign has been there for years. IMO it is not racial. It's so if something does go down, the security camera can capture faces. Not possible with a big hood.

Our school handbook has always said no hoods up. Ever.

I've even heard that some banks have banned sunglasses and hats. I wonder what would happen if someone wearing a hijab robbed a bank? I'll stick to the drive thru if I can't do it on-line LOL!

I have a question and its probably been posted somewhere but would appreciate if someone knows to post it again?

Is GZ saying he was on his back on the ground fighting with Trayvon and Trayvon was on top of him when he was shot?

Ima

If you listen to GZ's dad interview, that is what is implied. GZ shot him while Tray was bopping GZ's head on the concrete pavement. And I assume that info came from GZ when he talked to his dad.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/trayvon_martin/032812-exclusive-robert-zimmerman-interview

Schools band certain items because they are gang-affiliated - symbols, beads, bandanas, colors, and aren't appropriate in a school setting. In some places a blue shirt might just be a blue shirt. In other places a blue shirt might be an identifier, a statement, a challenge. Hoodies worn up over the head are generally disallowed on the same principle as hats. In schools with thousands of kids, its hard enough to identify an individual as it is, and can be nearly impossible if they're wearing a hat or a hoodie. Both of these boil down to safety issues - creating a safe environment for all students, not just the student who is told they can't wear this or that or a hat or hood. Schools certainly didn't ask for gangs to roll in.

I totally agree with this entire post.

But, banning the American flag on a Mexican holiday IN AMERICA is unamerican.

But, this is off topic so I'll leave it at that.

Hoods are banned in numorous places due to the fact they hide the face.

There's reason to believe that Trayvon Martin certainly did reach for the gun, AFTER George Zimmerman cocked it and pointed it towards his chest.

The boy's hand may very well have been wrapped around Zimmerman's pistol as he fired the shot that ended his young life.
Forensics on the gun will tell us that. Especially fingerprints. Thing is - we don't know how that gun was handled that night AFTER the incident. If the video we've seen is any indication of how the crime scene was handled - then I would think they aren't going to get much of anything off that gun including GZ's fingerprints.

JMHO

But Robert Zimmerman's detaling of the altercation between his son and Martin aired the same night that ABC News broadcast police surveillance video showing Zimmerman the night of the shooting which seems to contradict his son's story. A handcuffed Zimmerman is shown being led by police into the station, and he has no visible injuries or blood stains on his body.

Yesterday, the special prosecutor in the case said that police at the scene requested a warrant for Zimmerman's arrest, but were rebuffed and told to wait.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/29/zimmermans-fathers-claims_n_1386981.html?

Does anyone know if anybody besides the bloggers have reported/discussed Robert Zimmerman being a retired Orange County magistrate judge?

Hoods are actually banned in a number of places.

One of our local banks has a sign on their door that says "no hoodies".

That sign has been there for years. IMO it is not racial. It's so if something does go down, the security camera can capture faces. Not possible with a big hood.

Our school handbook has always said no hoods up. Ever.
what about hats?

just jumping off your post for this "hoodie" topic... I must live in an alternate universe... because where I live there is a hoodie for every occasion and every sport and activity.. just this morning I had to shell out another 20 to nurse-son for the newest hoodie for track. Half of my closet is hoodies from all of the other sports that we are a part of and other ones are from a little job that I had as a tour guide on a farm (they were our uniform).

I do not see why hoodies are getting such a bad rap. I do agree that the hood portion should not be worn up at school as they are then a "hat" (which are not allowed in school).

T had his hood up outside in a rainstorm.. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing "gangsta" about that.

this was just my opinion about hoodies. I love them. (and should own stock in them as large portions of our income have gone into their said purchase)

:moo:

Forensics on the gun will tell us that. Especially fingerprints. Thing is - we don't know how that gun was handled that night AFTER the incident. If the video we've seen is any indication of how the crime scene was handled - then I would think they aren't going to get much of anything off that gun including GZ's fingerprints.

JMHO

I'm willing to bet, if checked by the ME, there was gun powder residue on at least one of this boy's hands.

This seems quite possible....I just did a google search to see if I could find an older article about his father as a judge prior to this incident. I went back 20 pages or so on the google hits to try to find info from PRIOR to this incident. While a number of sources do refer to him as a former judge in Virginia....the majority of the sources list him as a judge in ORANGE COUNTY FLORIDA!

GZ's father was a magistrate, not a judge.....big difference in Virginia.

“Robert J. Zimmerman served as a full-time magistrate from 2000-2006. Please be advised that in Virginia magistrates are judicial officers, but they are not considered "judges" and do not possess trial jurisdiction. More detailed information on the role of the magistrate in Virginia is available on Virginia's Judicial System Website

JMHO

I have a question though and maybe some of our gun enthusiasts can answer it,

IF GZ and TM were struggling for the gun, and TM got his hand on the gun where the part that slides back and forth when it is fired is, could that have stopped another bullet from reloading in the chamber after it was fired?

I know that I'm not using technical terms but I hope you understand what I am asking, and also is it possible that maybe there would be skin or dna caught around where that slide is to show that is what happened?

Just rambling, it might not even be possible or anything.

IMO we are in a world of trouble if we can't see it IS apples/oranges
One is Racism,the other is not.

I do not see GZs side as racism, I can see maybe he was overzealous, irate, angry, but not racist. GZ is a mixed race himself.

How did Zimmerman's back get all wet and grassy if he was on the sidewalk?

Annalia there was an interview/article about Oliver's friendship being BS, where he admitted they were not really friends. I remember at the end of the article, when asked why Oliver did what he did, his response was just to smile! I wish I remembered the link. It was on the board last night!

You may be referring to his interview with with MSNBC's Russell O'Donnell. O'Donnell tore him up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IKKqnF0WlE"]Lawrence O'Donnell EVISCERATES George Zimmerman 'friend' Joe Oliver. Part I. - YouTube[/ame]

what about hats?

just jumping off your post for this "hoodie" topic... I must live in an alternate universe... because where I live there is a hoodie for every occasion and every sport and activity.. just this morning I had to shell out another 20 to nurse-son for the newest hoodie for track. Half of my closet is hoodies from all of the other sports that we are a part of and other ones are from a little job that I had as a tour guide on a farm (they were our uniform).

I do not see why hoodies are getting such a bad rap. I do agree that the hood portion should not be worn up at school as they are then a "hat" (which are not allowed in school).

T had his hood up outside in a rainstorm.. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing "gangsta" about that.

this was just my opinion about hoodies. I love them. (and should own stock in them as large portions of our income have gone into their said purchase)

:moo:

A lot of banks say no hoodies because it hides your face.

I know at my daughter's school, they sell hoodies. She wears one almost everyday. But the hood can not be up at school EVER. Again, it hides the face.

I agree with you that TM's hoodie did not mean anything. Just a kid wearing a hoodie on a rainy day. IMO the hoodie has been made into a big issue by others. Not anyone directly involved in the case.

JMO

How did Zimmerman's back get all wet and grassy if he was on the sidewalk?

I read he was on the grass with a portion of his body (his head???) on the concrete.

But the initial police report does state that his back was wet and coverd with grass.

As all this has come down, I'm curious why more heat hasn't been put on the attorney/prosecutor who made that decision (that I have seen so far). Since it seems now that was the ultimate decision as to why GZ hasn't been charged yet.

I'm also having a hard time wrapping my mind around the LE arrest report of the GZ injuries and if that was possibly falsified. I really hope that's not the case and there really were injuries on him that just is not very visible in the video.

THATNEW LAW :what: makes me scream, It leave to many gray areas IMHO
I said it before. Even if GZ is 100% innocent, and I do think he should be charged
for aggravated man slaughter, or neglect,
BUT... when one man is telling his side, and one man can’t tell his side
a FULL INVESTIGATION should be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads