*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't take credit I found them on the web...
here's another. if anyone wants to use it.
7612085098_c934fa9143.jpg

Thank you. Beautiful way to honor the deceased and the wounded IMO.

Thank you. Beautiful way to honor the deceased and the wounded IMO.

The site asked people to share them. There will be a LOT more soon!

It's just so senseless and sad!

About the money and the cost of the equipment and weapons and ammo etc.

I think it is possible that he charged a lot of it, and he also may have had a student loan.

Lots of times the students are given a big lump sum at the start of the year, often in the thousands of dollars. Since he dropped out last month he had a lot of left over tuition money.

Jordan Gwahi

http://www.jordanghawi.com/blog/

Read his blog posts about his sister, especially the one marked 1015 AM. Totally emotionless. That is not the way someone talks about the murder of thier loved one. That is the way an EMT talks to thier supervisor, or the language a cop uses when filling out a report. He's speaking as a first responder, not a grieving loved one, like he's on autopilot. I know I spoke and wrote like that when discussing my mother while she was dying a slow death from cancer, and I was not a very nice or safe person to be around in the weeks after she died.
That is just my opnion, I certaintly don't have any psychological training, just a feeling I get from him after working EMS for 5 years. I truly hope this poor guy can speak to someone, counselor/clergy or what have you, before he goes back on the job.
JMO

About the money and the cost of the equipment and weapons and ammo etc.

I think it is possible that he charged a lot of it, and he also may have had a student loan.

Lots of times the students are given a big lump sum at the start of the year, often in the thousands of dollars. Since he dropped out last month he had a lot of left over tuition money.

Since he is in the graduate program, he would not be paying tuition to begin with.

Sorry, I meant to put my previous post in the victim's thread and I don't know how to move it. Moderators, could you move it over there if you think it doesn't belong here? Thanks, and again, sorry.

I realize I am a nobody around here like anyone else who posts on forums like this but I can tell you there is very, very, very slim chance that this was a terrorist attack, the hallmarks and signatures of Islamic Terrorism are not in evidence and it is of great importance that some group or groups stand up and take responsibility for this. All we have here is some kid, perhaps mentally ill, who has experienced some sort of trigger that set this rage that has been building in him off. That is all we have here, IF there were any chance at all that this was a terrorist attack the FEDS would be taking full advantage of that and screaming it from the rooftops.

IMO this Aurora massacre was probably inspired by the norwegian massmurderer/terrorist Anders Behring Breivik.

And I see it as the same type of terrorist attack as Anders Behring Breivik commited.

James Holmes's aganda was probably not the same as Anders Behring Breivik's, however it is as if JH used Breivik's deeds as a recipe for his own horrible deed.

There are SO many similarities:

Both targeted a location with potential young people-victims.

Both choose to kill as many people as possible.

Both had parallel second crime scen/location involving bomb/bombs.

Both used timer mechanisms
ABB: for the car bomb in Oslo city
JH: to stop the techno music playing in his apartment at precisley 1AM.

Both used several simelar weapons, example; both had 2 Glocks each.

Both pretened to be somthing they were not:
ABB: a policeman
JH: a moviegoer

Both used more than one outfits throughout their crime.

Both wore bulitsafe west.

Both wore a specific black outfit:
ABB: Black ballistic outfits.
JH: Black police outfits

Both had a fantasy identity:
ABB: belive he is "knight Justiciar grand master" of a Templarorganisation
JH: The Joker (villain in the Batman saga).

Both used Hyundai cars, different types but both Hyundai brands,
ABB: possibly grey
JH: white .

Both took drugs in the hours before the attack.
ABB: steroid ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin before his rampage
JH : reports that JH had taken 100mg of Vicodin about two and half hours before the shooting.
Some have stated that it in fact was 100 mg of hydrocodone, the actual narcotic in Vicodin. Time will tell I guess.

Both used music as a part of their crimes.

Both used long time planing the crimes.

Both highly intelligent.

Both was "under the radar", neither had criminal records.

Both surrended calmly, willingly.

Both massacre commited in July:
ABB: Jul 22, 2011
JH: Jul 20, 2012,
JH: massacre was 2 days short of ABB's 1 year anniversery.

Both had high numbers of victims:
ABB: victims all together 102, 77 died, 25 wounded
JH: victims all together 71, 12 died, 59 wounded.
However JH probably inteded to kill many more but his amo round jamed, which saved lots of lives.

Additinal info of interest concerning this theorie:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-to-make-himself-strong-before-shooting.html

Breivik had referred to other “cells” outside Norway that were ready to follow his example.
“He says there are two cells in Norway and others from the Western world,” Mr Lippestad said at a press conference in Oslo.

It's going to be interesting to know what JH's motive/inspiration was.

Personaly I do belive that, one way or the other, some kind of manifesto/explanation from James Holmes, will appear soon.
It might even already be out there somwere, its possible that it has just not been found yet...time will tell I hope...

Jordan Gwahi

http://www.jordanghawi.com/blog/

Read his blog posts about his sister, especially the one marked 1015 AM. Totally emotionless. That is not the way someone talks about the murder of thier loved one. That is the way an EMT talks to thier supervisor, or the language a cop uses when filling out a report. He's speaking as a first responder, not a grieving loved one, like he's on autopilot. I know I spoke and wrote like that when discussing my mother while she was dying a slow death from cancer, and I was not a very nice or safe person to be around in the weeks after she died.
That is just my opnion, I certaintly don't have any psychological training, just a feeling I get from him after working EMS for 5 years. I truly hope this poor guy can speak to someone, counselor/clergy or what have you, before he goes back on the job.
JMO

He may be in shock. He is also trying to get facts out. My sister died Sunday at age 48, I found out Tuesday night. I'm still in shock and unable to process. (No posted sympathy's please, we can stick to this horrific topic, just explaining how it can work, tia) My ex-husband's oldest step brother died in a weird accident at 32. Ex didn't process it for 2 months, then he finally just had a break down and cried for days.

Just found this, brother is a firefighter also. So his first reaction would be that of a first responder.

"Seguin firefighter Jordan Ghawi sent the tweet just after 3:45 a.m. Friday: “It appears that my sister has been fatally wounded in a mass shooting at a movie premiere in Denver, CO.”"

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...guin-firefighter-told-the-world-a-3723955.php

What he did was a lone terrorist attack, just like McVeigh, et al.

I agree. It's not international terrorism but terrorism just the same. The term "terrorist" doesn't necessarily have to be connected to any group. Legally, however, I don't know how they prosecute him. Do they tag on terrorism to his charges? Maybe they don't even need to. :moo:

After watching most of the coverage yesterday on CNN, I am still trying to wrap my brain around this senseless tragedy.

Of course like many of you, the first question when the news broke was "why"? How could a seemingly good person, honour student, no criminal history except for a speeding ticket, born and raised in a seemingly good neighbourhood, middle to high class neighbourhood, parents with decent jobs and careers, etc could become so evil. What happened?

For those of us that have sons (daughters) James age do ask ourselves why? I know I do. :(

LOOKING FOR IMFORMATION !!!

James Holmes reportedly was playing very loud techno music, in his apartment, at the time of the massacre, and his neighbor called a police number to report the disturbance, the music then suddenly stopped by itself at 1AM, alleged by a timer device.

My question is:

Does anyone have information on:
What techno number it was?
What artist?

ANY kind of info would be VERY MUCH appreaciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you
i just got the link too

The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus can confirm that Mr. James Holmes was in the process of withdrawing from the University of Colorado Denver's graduate program in neurosciences," the university statement said. "Mr. Holmes enrolled at the university in June 2011."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ping-out-of-neuroscience-graduate-school?lite

That other link made it appear that he just enrolled it last June by mentioning the word "last"
Last June is 2011. This June would have meant 2012/last month. If you don't get this, well, I don't know...

If he graduated with highest honors on his Master's Degree , he will be able to pull this PHD too - things changed recently and that has to be discovered.
He only had a BS, not a Masters.

CNN tv news just
interviewed (by phone) a relative of a deceased 24 year old female killed in the theatre rampage. The relative said her family had to wait over 10 hours to learn the fate of their loved one. She said waiting 10 hours was torturous and inhumane.

PhD programs don't cost money. He would have his tuition paid and be paid a small stipend.
WHAT?? Tell my best friend that, who just finished her PhD at UCD to the tune of $120,000.

IMO this Aurora massacre was probably inspired by the norwegian massmurderer/terrorist Anders Behring Breivik.

And I see it as the same type of terrorist attack as Anders Behring Breivik commited.

James Holmes's aganda was probably not the same as Anders Behring Breivik's, however it is as if JH used Breivik's deeds as a recipe for his own horrible deed.

There are SO many similarities:

Both targeted a location with potential young people-victims.

Both choose to kill as many people as possible.

Both had parallel second crime scen/location involving bomb/bombs.

Both used timer mechanisms
ABB: for the car bomb in Oslo city
JH: to stop the techno music playing in his apartment at precisley 1AM.

Both used several simelar weapons, example; both had 2 Glocks each.

Both pretened to be somthing they were not:
ABB: a policeman
JH: a moviegoer

Both used more than one outfits throughout their crime.

Both wore bulitsafe west.

Both wore a specific black outfit:
ABB: Black ballistic outfits.
JH: Black police outfits

Both had a fantasy identity:
ABB: belive he is "knight Justiciar grand master" of a Templarorganisation
JH: The Joker (villain in the Batman saga).

Both used Hyundai cars, different types but both Hyundai brands,
ABB: possibly grey
JH: white .

Both took drugs in the hours before the attack.
ABB: steroid ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin before his rampage
JH : reports that JH had taken 100mg of Vicodin about two and half hours before the shooting.
Some have stated that it in fact was 100 mg of hydrocodone, the actual narcotic in Vicodin. Time will tell I guess.

Both used music as a part of their crimes.

Both used long time planing the crimes.

Both highly intelligent.

Both was "under the radar", neither had criminal records.

Both surrended calmly, willingly.

Both massacre commited in July:
ABB: Jul 22, 2011
JH: Jul 20, 2012,
JH: massacre was 2 days short of ABB's 1 year anniversery.

Both had high numbers of victims:
ABB: victims all together 102, 77 died, 25 wounded
JH: victims all together 71, 12 died, 59 wounded.
However JH probably inteded to kill many more but his amo round jamed, which saved lots of lives.

Additinal info of interest concerning this theorie:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-to-make-himself-strong-before-shooting.html

Breivik had referred to other “cells” outside Norway that were ready to follow his example.
“He says there are two cells in Norway and others from the Western world,” Mr Lippestad said at a press conference in Oslo.

It's going to be interesting to know what JH's motive/inspiration was.

Personaly I do belive that, one way or the other, some kind of manifesto/explanation from James Holmes, will appear soon.
It might even already be out there somwere, its possible that it has just not been found yet...time will tell I hope...

That's very interesting. Did they ever discover what "cells" he was referring to? I wonder if they are both connected to some virtual video game like second life ........

:waitasec: Were the room mates gone for the summer? I HOPE!

He may be in shock. He is also trying to get facts out. My sister died Sunday at age 48, I found out Tuesday night. I'm still in shock and unable to process. (No posted sympathy's please, we can stick to this horrific topic, just explaining how it can work, tia) My ex-husband's oldest step brother died in a weird accident at 32. Ex didn't process it for 2 months, then he finally just had a break down and cried for days.

Just found this, brother is a firefighter also. So his first reaction would be that of a first responder.

"Seguin firefighter Jordan Ghawi sent the tweet just after 3:45 a.m. Friday: “It appears that my sister has been fatally wounded in a mass shooting at a movie premiere in Denver, CO.”"

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...guin-firefighter-told-the-world-a-3723955.php

I know he is an FF/medic, that's what I was getting at. I understand people respond to emergencies and tragedies in different way ways, I was only posting my unprofessional opinion.

BBM.

As I posted earlier, I live in the same neighborhood. It is a nice area, and the section where they live has larger and newer houses than the section I live in, which has humbler houses like my own.

That being said, however, I was shocked to read relatively recently (like maybe in the last six months or so) that a full 30% of houses in this zip code are underwater. Despite the fact that property values consistently remain high in comparison with other areas because it falls within the prestigious Poway schools system.

I have no idea what the Holmes family's finances are, but given the vagaries of the real estate market around here, the fact that they live in this nice area does not necessarily mean that their finances are equally nice.

I hope that makes sense. I'm kind of tired.

I agree. I'm originally from SD (I miss it SO much) and Penasquitos is a nice area. If you bought your house there during the boom (early 2002-2006?), you could easily be underwater. I had friends who sold their modest RP home and bought a very nice one in RP for $900k (it was nice, but not what you'd think for that price). Their combined salaries were less than $90k a year. I would think now it would probably go for $600 - maybe less.

So just because his family lives in RP doesn't mean they are rich at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member