CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, lets assume you actually manage to identify the type of wood, (which I'm SURE LE has already done), that wood isn't the only tree in the forest...so to speak. I'm pretty sure there will end up being thousands of places to find the same kind of wood. and that still wouldn't lead to the murderer!
LE has asked the public to think about WHO may have worn a cross like the one they are showing. They have asked the public to think about someone who may be missing this item. They are hoping to identify the cross with a person. They are not asking for information, opinions or speculation about the markings on the cross, the type of wood it is made out of or anything like that. I guess I just don't understand why anyone would be so focused on something like this?

I don't understand why someone would question what one chooses to sleuth?

If a subject on the thread does not interest you, I believe the polite thing to do is to simply move on. That's what I do.

Sleuthing the origin of the cross does no harm to this case, near as I can see.

The cross may be the single biggest clue to capturing the perpetrator of this heinous crime.

JMO

The father said he drove his son to school on Thursday. The father told LE his son confused the days.

I'm not sleuthing the children. wth? I'm trying to keep the account of Jessica's last morning true to what we know so far.

It is a mystery as to why Jessica didn't show up on time to walk with her friend whether it be Thursday or Friday. That is the mystery at hand.

Please refrain from telling me what to post.

Where is the link to your "true" account? Because the Denver Post probably has police sources. Link please.

I thought we couldn't say anything about Jessicas friends dad?
If we can, please let me know.
Was he cleared? I thought he was.

The Denver Post article of the timeline. The normally walk to the park but this time she was going to meet the boy at his house and then walk to school with him. After she didn't arrive and there was 10 minutes to the bell the boy and his father drove to school. This is the current facts the police are going on based on recent articles.

So much in this article is the first time I'm hearing this new info. It's such a flip on the original information.

So assuming this new info is true, we need to look at Jessica disappearing on the way to his house, rather than her disappearing on the way to the park. I always wondered if she entered the park and was abducted there as it would have been a little ways away from homes. So now we are looking at her being abducted from a sidewalk in full view of houses?

Well that just sounds all wrong and doesn't make sense to me at all.:waitasec::waitasec:
If the reason they were being driven was because it was so cold, why would Jessica walk all the way to the friends house? Why not just pick her up on the way?

Maybe Jessica was not 100% truthful with her mother and said she was headed to the park when in fact she planned to walk to the friend's house.
:moo::moo::moo::moo:

Not to mention Jessica's mother clearly saying that she left to meet her friend at the park.

Does this mean that all along LE knew Jessica was possibly headed in the other direction when she left home that morning?

Or does the Denver Post have it wrong?

Seems like she would have been out in the cold more going to the friends house then just going to school. At least going by memory of that old map that had the friends house on it.

I think the reason is that while there are many similar crosses out there, they aren't all made of the same types of wood.

If, for instance, the cross in the photo were made of some unusual wood found only in Costa Rica, that might help narrow down the origin of the cross, and the place it might have been purchased in the US.

Ok...this will be my last post about the "wood" and I "get" all that, but it still WILL NOT identify the murderer!!! and if LE thought the type of wood was significant, don't you think they would already know what the thing is made out of? They do have it in their possession....and access to the world's foremost experts if needed...pretty sure they know this answer that everyone is struggling to find! So, my original question still stands....what's the point?

I thought we couldn't say anything about Jessicas friends dad?
If we can, please let me know.
Was he cleared? I thought he was.

As far as I know, the only people cleared is family. But we also can't sleuth anyone not named a POI by LE or MSM.

Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong.

The father said he drove his son to school on Thursday. The father told LE his son confused the days.

I'm not sleuthing the children. wth? I'm trying to keep the account of Jessica's last morning true to what we know so far.

It is a mystery as to why Jessica didn't show up on time to walk with her friend whether it be Thursday or Friday. That is the mystery at hand.

Please refrain from telling me what to post.
Here is the scanner thread. You can find out which day dad said he drove his son here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171[/ame]

See the second quote down.

The origin of the cross, could point to Jessica's killer, especially if it is handmade from remnants of old wood etc.

The type of wood is very important, IMO. It does not appear to be a mass produced necklace to me, which could narrow down a suspect.

I agree. At first I couldn't see why it would be important but I think the type of wood could lead to the fact that it was bought or homemade.

I'm an Aussie to and I've heard of red blood wood (from the coast of NSW and QLD) and a dessert blood wood which I've heard is from NT, especially Alice Springs area. I believe there may also be a WA blood wood too but haven't searched to confirm yet.

Obviously if it were Australian blood wood he probably hasn't made it himself at home, so has most likely bought it from somewhere not so well known.

ETA- I just google the desert blood wood and they are everywhere in the NT. We lived in the top end for 7 years and while I have seen the trees, I never knew that they were actually the blood wood trees.

Mom-
It was like any other morning. I got home at 7:30, her alarm went off at 7:45..she had wanted her own alrm clock so she could wake up to her alarm..she goes downstairs to watch TV, eats her granola bar, goes back upstairs and gets dressed, and then we peeled oranges for her snack at school, and made her water bottle. She gets on her coats, she calls her friend to make sure they're walking and gonna meet her friend that morning and her friend was walking. And I watched her walk out the door and thats the last time I saw her..and we need her to walk through that door.

The mom is talking in general terms she didn't specifically say where she was meeting her friend. The fact that it's now common knowledge published that she was going to the friends house instead of to the park makes me believe it. Not the mothers interview who admittedly didn't even see the direction she went in when she walked out the door.

I agree. At first I couldn't see why it would be important but I think the type of wood could lead to the fact that it was bought or homemade.

I'm an Aussie to and I've heard of red blood wood (from the coast of NSW and QLD) and a dessert blood wood which I've heard is from NT, especially Alice Springs area. I believe there may also be a WA blood wood too but haven't searched to confirm yet.

Obviously if it were Australian blood wood he probably hasn't made it himself at home, so has most likely bought it from somewhere not so well known.

BBM: Thank-you.

I don't know about you guys...but sometimes I get so tired and sleepy while reading late here on Websleuths. The posts are so serious and tedious, and rightfully so...but it becomes akin to being on the second row in church when the holy giggles take over.

I read and read....and then suddenly, I start laughing. We are going over and over the same interviews and media sources...and sometimes I feel like we are a host of Inspector Clouseau's.

Of course, WS has some of the smartest and most caring people on earth....and all of us want so much for Jessica's killer to be caught.

Read the Denver post article from today you got everything backwards.

Or they do. Who do they say their info came from?
I will find my sources, after I calm down. Because, then I've had it wrong since the case broke and someone would have corrected me by now.

That said, I've been confused before but nowhere have I read that LE has said Jessica was to meet at a friend's house but never arrived.

There was a phone call made to someone in the a.m. LE officers conversed about it and later said it was Thursday, not Friday, the man drove his kid to school. In other words, they weren't involved on Friday.

Jessica was to walk to school with the same person every day.

New evidence found in that location has to have been put there after the body was discovered, don't you all think?

Looking at the map, Pattridge Park is pretty big. I know I saw a picture of a shoulder to shoulder LE search going up the hill but I do not know if they searched the entire park that way.

Speaking in general, it's not common but it's not rare for one search to miss something that the next search picks up and it turns out to have been there during the first search. If you see what I mean.

The gold standard for searching is trained searchers on their hands and knees, shoulder to shoulder where each time something is found, the person who found it calls it, the whole line stops and waits while the item is flagged (which gives everyone else the chance to minutely examine grass blade by grass blade what is under their noses). It is incredibly rare for a search conducted in this manner to miss anything.

But it's a trade off. Such searches are incredibly time consuming, physically hard on the personnel and just not practical to carry out over large areas (say over an acre or so, depending on how many searchers they have).

With every increment of increased speed and spread between searchers, the chances of missing an item go up.

Sorry, but it is late, I have had a coupla beers. Please explain the above post to me. What does it mean? I don't understand the statement. tia

My phone is acting up, I posted the next post a couple down. So sorry.
The white car has come up a few times in reports recently.
AND the guy put a rag over her face.
Creepy.

Ok...this will be my last post about the "wood" and I "get" all that, but it still WILL NOT identify the murderer!!! and if LE thought the type of wood was significant, don't you think they would already know what the thing is made out of? They do have it in their possession....and access to the world's foremost experts if needed...pretty sure they know this answer that everyone is struggling to find! So, my original question still stands....what's the point?
If "Daisy" knows that "Michael" had a Denibian Slime stone cross because he talked about it, but she had never seen it, and LE had said "We're trying to match this Denibian Slime stone cross with someone." Then "Daisy" might think to contact LE. But LE didn't. They just show a cross, and don't say what it is made of. So perhaps posters thinks "Hey, if we identify that wood, then people might think of a conversation with someone regarding having a cross made with XXXX type of wood, even if they never actually saw the cross."

Makes sense in my mind, because I had a NPD friend who would brag about having some BIZARRE things, but I never saw any of them (I suspect he didn't actually own those items, but you never know). So if an Ironwood Unicorn was part of a murder, I might remember he said he had one, but I would never have SEEN it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74